Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Battlefield V Firestorm This Month

A tweet from the Battlefield announces the Firestorm will hit Battlefield V on March 25th, bringing the battle royale to the latest installment in this military shooter series. This includes a an official reveal trailer showing off Firestorm gameplay to a remix of a theme-appropriate Talking Heads classic. Word is:

Watch the official Battlefield V Firestorm Reveal Trailer a new Battle Royale mode available to all Battlefield V players on March 25.

Firestorm is Battle Royale, Reimagined for Battlefield. Dominate on the largest Battlefield map ever with epic weapons and combat vehicles as a deadly ring of fire closes in. Scavenge, fight and survive to become the last squad standing https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/about/firestorm

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm This Month Mar 15, 2019, 22:34 Kain

Osc8r wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 18:47:
TTK still 0.01 seconds?

They do make good trailers though... just a shame about the gameplay.

I'm going to go against the grain here. I revisited the game this week and still found the netcode to be problematic, resulting in unexpected deaths and other nonsense that riddled the game at release. The UI has not been fixed so it's still a sore point. The map offerings have not been expanded in any meaningful way and the game still suffers from low vehicle counts. I'm still unhappy with the map quality itself too. Designing each map to accommodate the absurd number of game modes has lead to boring and homogeneous design. I still feel Assault needs more balance work compared to say Support too.

Frankly it does not feel like a Battlefield game. I'm sure people can find a way to enjoy this but as a longtime franchise fan it feels a shift away from what made the series distinct and memorable.

All of that being said, that was a neat trailer. I'm just super into Apex Legends and Slay the Spire right now so I'm not sure I even have time or inclination to bother. This game has left a bad impression on me a few times.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm This Month Mar 15, 2019, 09:30 MattyC

TTK still 0.01 seconds?

What do you do in a game where people actually lose HP? BFV is insanely long. You can basically fight each other for days across a field hitting them 3-4 times every time they poke up and you doing the same. Even the sniper rifles, hit to the chest or side of the head? Nah, they are still good. They will even heal up before they pop out again so they can take repeat chest shots! It needs a hardcore mode if anything.

5. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm This Month Mar 15, 2019, 08:16 aka_STEVE

While I disagree with you guys about the quality of BFV gameplay still,.. I think this new Battle Royale mode may just give it the booster shot in the arm it is needing right now.

4. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm This Month Mar 14, 2019, 22:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

BFV has actually become a pretty decent game. It seems like every map has the building/sandbags stuff greatly expanded upon, my only complaint is there aren't enough tank maps. The game needs ALL tank maps, aka 10 tanks to a team or something, although I think the engine can't even support that anymore. No dumbass stukas, TANKS.

TTK is really low, although I don't know if it really encourages tactical play THAT much, it's not ARMA out there. I run in plenty of times and still win 2-1, 3-1 encounters, the only real annoyance TTK wise is getting caught in the open from some prone LMG/MMG halfway across the map instakilling you. But, most of the maps have enough paths and cover to reduce that. I think I'm at like 150hrs played in BFV at the moment, although that's not going to increase much with Division 2 tomorrow... I'll probably be shelving BFV for a bit really.

3. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm This Month Mar 14, 2019, 21:12 Slick

They lowered the TTK over xmas to help out all the new xmas players, and the playerbase freaked out. They then reverted the change. IMO for the better, the game feels snappy and responsive with the low TTK, it encourages tactical play and not run-and-gunning. It feels very different from past vanilla battlefields.  

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

2. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm This Month Mar 14, 2019, 20:39 Numinar

TTK still 0.01 seconds?

Some guns and some situations yes. Getting shot in the head or riddled with hot lead from a high ROF gun puts you down fast. The meta has moved towards teamwork and sector artillery/smoke which is super thematic and suitable for the time period.

I can see how it's not for everybody, but in the setting it makes sense that bullets fucking hurt (Except MMG's, for balance and fun reasons they need to nerf them close up to stop everyone picking them, when they should tear people in half at any range under 100m. I don't think anyone wants to play that game though. Maybe they should take them out entirely or make them 2 man teams or something). It's coming together as a great game. I've clocked almost 100 hours on it with family and friends. It's our go-to game. I don't miss the modern shit from BF4 and BF1 still stands alone as it's own kind of thing with a different feel to guns, TTK and strategy.

I just wish they made the tanks and planes that warrant it proper multi crew vehicles, like in ARMA. Have a commander that can spot, driver and gunner. Then you could make them as scary as they should be while making it a huge investment in manpower. 64 players per server doesn't seem like enough though if they start doing that.

1. Re: Battlefield V Firestorm This Month Mar 14, 2019, 18:47 Osc8r

TTK still 0.01 seconds?

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo