Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

etc.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: etc. Mar 15, 2019, 01:33 eRe4s3r

She fits right into a cyberpunk setting. And I think as already stated by some, lots of people here have no clue what Cyberpunk even is.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: etc. Mar 14, 2019, 21:28 Numinar

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 15:11:
I played the pen and paper Cyberpunk 2020 when I was younger, and there were definitely on females in it. Sickens me to see ProjectRed thinks they are sooo woke.

It's the most woke and simultaneously most soullessly style first setting though. I mean, punk is in the title. Body mods, trans-everything, the ultimate libertarian capitalist free for all.

These game settings from the 80's/70's were made by hippies or at least people influenced by those decades and the crazy pre-internet nonsense going on then. Often progressive as fuck, and regressive in all the ways old people were without always realising it at the same time. Lady Gaga is super on brand for this and I imagine it didn't take that much convincing. I'm not a fan of her tunes but she does her 100% and you gotta respect that in any artist. Lets just hope they do stunt casting better than Bungie.

The fact that our memories/interpretations of these old games are dominated by our experiences made by our half grown testosterone dominated 15 year old male brains and dipshit friends in the early 90's does not change the fact they are full of some wild shit that may sicken adults with a temperamental constitution.

Honestly I preferred it back then when reactionary conservatives demonized and tried to ban role playing games. Co-opting them and then trying to claim the progressive themes that have always been in them as being PC culture ruining their hobby is just too dumb.

6. Re: etc. Mar 14, 2019, 17:39 NKD

Lady Gaga?! That must have cost a pretty fucking penny. Homegirl has more trophies than I can count.  

Bravery is not a function of firepower.

5. Re: etc. Mar 14, 2019, 15:36 RedEye9

Females are scary.
My mom was a jade plant and my sister was a micro-meteorite. I heard that my grandmother was a female but that's just slander.

sigh

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

4. Re: etc. Mar 14, 2019, 15:11 Riahderymnmaddog

I played the pen and paper Cyberpunk 2020 when I was younger, and there were definitely on females in it. Sickens me to see ProjectRed thinks they are sooo woke.  

3. Re: etc. Mar 14, 2019, 14:45 RedEye9

The two new playable characters I'm most interested in are PewDiPi and Gaga. awesomesauce

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

2. Re: etc. Mar 14, 2019, 13:27 Simon Says

Lady Gaga in a Cyberpunk game, why the fuck not? Looking forward to it.  

1. Re: etc. Mar 14, 2019, 10:38 Cutter

Fuck and no.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo