Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Happy Pi Day! This is a wonderful convergence, celebrating the science of mathematics and the magic of pie. As shown in this article, the latter may be overtaking the former, as more and more places are using the occasion to offer deals on all manner of pies, including pastry pies, pizza pies, and pot pies. I guess it could be a point of concern that this is being co-opted by commerce, but whatever the criticism you might have for the focus on pie over pi, you certainly can't say it's irrational.

Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: 36 Surprising Facts About Pi – Pi Day.
Stories: Emma Haruka Iwao smashes pi world record with Google help.
James Bond To Drive An Electric Aston Martin.
Goat elected as honorary mayor sworn in for first term, leaves mess for police chief.
Science: What is going on with NASA’s Space Launch System rocket?
Group of World's Top Researchers Call For an Urgent Moratorium on Gene-Edited Babies.
Images: White bats chilling out peacefully in their leaf tent. Cutely terrifying, or terrifyingly cute?
Media: Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame - Official Trailer.
Avalon Airshow Takes Raving To The Next level.
Bus Explodes In Sweden.
Follow-up: Anti-vax parents sue to keep unvaccinated kids in school during outbreak.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2019, 18:39 1badmf

Blue wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 14:56:
1badmf wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 21:18:
another cookie popup? is this gonna be a yearly thing?

No. As far as I know, we have not served any cookie popups since the one-off for the GDPR regulations that helped rescue the internet from lack of cookie popups.

Is there anything you recall about this that could help understand where it originated?

as far as i could tell it looked identical to the original. i didn't click on anything, closed the site, came back later and it hasn't come back.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2019, 14:56  Blue 

No. As far as I know, we have not served any cookie popups since the one-off for the GDPR regulations that helped rescue the internet from lack of cookie popups.

Is there anything you recall about this that could help understand where it originated?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 23:44 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 23:03:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 22:52:
Anti-vax parents sue to keep unvaccinated kids in school during outbreak.

I'm starting a new religion where I sacrifice anti-vaxxers to the gods. I'll be applying for a first amendment exemption to murder charges. I'm sure anti-vaxxers will understand since they use the same exemption. DM me if you want to join.
The only reason to have a religion is for the tax breaks.
dm'ed

I included my Employer Identification Number for that sweet sweet tax free religion money.

Wait
Did you mean direct message or death message

That's a good point about the tax free money. I bet we could make a mint off the organ sales alone. We'll have a megachurch in no time, with a stretch Lamborghini limo to pick us up and drop us off.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 23:03 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 22:52:

I'm starting a new religion where I sacrifice anti-vaxxers to the gods. I'll be applying for a first amendment exemption to murder charges. I'm sure anti-vaxxers will understand since they use the same exemption. DM me if you want to join.
The only reason to have a religion is for the tax breaks.
dm'ed

I included my Employer Identification Number for that sweet sweet tax free religion money.

Wait
Did you mean direct message or death message

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 22:52 jdreyer

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 22:43 jdreyer

Avalon Airshow Takes Raving To The Next level.

Shooting fireworks off your gas filled biplane while pulling loops and barrel rolls. What could go wrong?

Still, it did look amazing.

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 2019, 23:40.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 22:38 RedEye9

I have not seen one and today I have visited bluesnews from 3 different windows machines and 2 different android devices.
Maybe you cleared your cookies or hit blues w/out being logged in.. etc...
ymmv

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 21:18 1badmf

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 21:09 jdreyer

Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgame - Official Trailer.

Absolutely not watching. Glasses2

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 19:49 RedEye9

yonder wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 19:04:

Unfortunately law is based on law, so it would most likely be manslaughter since, y'know, explicit intent.
How about attempted murder for morans who don't vaccinate their diaper dirtiers.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 19:04 yonder

Kxmode wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 17:00:
If a child dies from a preventable illness caused by a parent's refusal to vaccinate their child, then they should be brought up on charges of first-degree murder for knowingly and purposefully refusing to protect their child.

Unfortunately law is based on law, so it would most likely be manslaughter since, y'know, explicit intent.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 18:05 Mr. Tact

With an exemption for those with an actual medical reason not too, I could vote for that.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 17:00 Kxmode

If a child dies from a preventable illness caused by a parent's refusal to vaccinate their child, then they should be brought up on charges of first-degree murder for knowingly and purposefully refusing to protect their child.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

3. Talk about Patricide (goatricide?, mayoricide?) Mar 14, 2019, 16:35 RedEye9

There can only be one, two, three.
https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2227 for more

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 11:59 PHJF

My mind was blown by the two frictionlness masses colliding into a wall producing pi...

I shared it with other people and they didn’t think it was interesting &#128532;

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2019, 10:58 Cutter

I can see why some people don't like the idea of Bond driving an electric car but I think it's perfectly in keeping with what an assassin would want, fast and virtually silent.

So was that just part of the airshow or was that an actual rave with that going on? Was sweet either way.

Jesus that bus explosion was crazy. All that because of inattentive driver. And they wonder why people don't like public transit.

Perfect comment about the anti-vax idiots....

Just end religion exemptions (and personal exemptions) all together. Three states have. It works. There is no religious exemption to seatbelt laws, or requirements to feed your kids, or ones that allow you to cut off their arm.

There should be no religious exemptions to public health and safety. The Supreme Court rules that such prohibitions do not violate the first amendment.

You may have a right to be stupid but you have zero right to inflict that stupidity on other people.

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” - Will Rogers

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo