Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive

Upcoming turn-based tactics game Phoenix Point will launch on the Epic Games Store as a one-year exclusive, as explained by a post on the Phoenix Point website (thanks Orosian). Snapshot Games CEO and Phoenix Point creative director Julian Gollop makes the announcement and explains what this means to this spiritual successor to the X-COM series he created back in the 1990s. This news is not being received very well, as there is considerable backlash in the comments on Fig from those who have supported the game's crowdfunding efforts (thanks Scott). In an effort to smooth things over Snapshot is offering a season pass of sorts, as those who have backed the project will receive the first year of DLC for free. They will be holding an AMA on the Phoenix Point subreddit today at 3:00 pm EDT to discuss this future. Here are the details:

Hi! Iím Julian Gollop, the creative director of Phoenix Point and the CEO of Snapshot Games.

I have some major news to share: we have signed a deal with Epic Games to bring Phoenix Point exclusively to the Epic Games Store for its first year of release on PC and Mac.

This deal is a real game changer for our studio, because, thanks to Epicís support, it is certain that we will be able to update and expand Phoenix Point for years to come.

We want to share our success with all the backers who have helped us get here, so we have a special benefit to announce: if you backed or pre-ordered Phoenix Point at any time since our crowdfunding campaign until today, you will receive a year of free DLC.

Thatís right - every piece of paid DLC we release for Phoenix Point during our first year will be automatically added to your Epic Store account when you redeem your key.

We recognize that some of you may have backed or pre-ordered Phoenix Point with an expectation of the platform youíd be able to play it on, and that this update changes that.

If for any reason you are not happy with this change, we will be happy to offer you a full refund and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If you have any questions, check out the FAQ below for answers.

We will be hosting an AMA on the Phoenix Point subreddit tomorrow - please stop by and weíll do our best to answer any more questions you have for us.

Thatís tomorrow, Wednesday March 13th on the Phoenix Point subreddit at 12pm Pacific time, 7pm UK time. Weíll update this post with the link when the AMA goes live.

Iíd like to thank you for all your support, and Iím looking forward to sharing more of what weíve been working on with you very soon.

View
104 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

104. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 15, 2019, 15:52 Simon Says

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 11:56:
That's why after many years of gaming, for me only 2 things matter, story and immersion. If that hits then I enjoy a game (Ie. Nier Automata, which is imo the best game of this decade FAR above any other AAA titles). I found as I grow older very few games can catch me just with gameplay (Factorio and KSP are the true exceptions here, as well as Anno games which I dunno why, but I absolutely LOVE playing I guess because they merge sandbox city building and story-telling).

Either way, there are still many games I like playing, so I don't have that kind of dismal view on gaming that you have. But I can see and admit that AAA gaming isn't innovating at all. I mean, Anno 1800 is the best example, literally a "just slightly better" copy of all Anno games ever. Meanwhile the last truly revolutionary genre game for me was the original Anno, Diablo and Settlers games, and System Shock 2, nowadays I would add Factorio, KSP and Nier:Automata to this list. Factorio and KSP entirely because of mods, and Nier:Automata because of the story and immersion.

Sure I enjoyed other RPG's, like Witcher 3 but only because of story and immersion as well. Oh well

Agreed for the most part, especially the story/immersion part ( that's why after 30+ years I never get bored of reading good books ), and yeah I may have sounded more abysmal than I wished. A few games here and there catch my attention, but it just doesn't last. Last one was Hearts of Iron IV ( 2016 game, HOI 1 was released in 2004, so old ), it got me hooked maybe 2-3 days until I whooped both Germany's and Russia's asses in the same game as Canada ( yeah, you read that right xD ), but since then I haven't played it again.

KSP was fun, for a few days too then meh. I still sometimes watch youtube videos of it tho, what some people come up with is fascinating.

About a year ago, a new friend introduced an older friend and I to Heroes of Might and Magic 3 ( another pretty old game released in 1999 ) and we would all gather somewhere and play it every friday and saturday ( and sometimes sundays too ) from like 6pm to 3am, every week for 6 months. It was VERY fun. But since then, nothing really sparked that interest again.

I'll make sure to check out Nier:A and since I liked Anno 2070, I'll check out 1800 too, just in case they get my juices going.

Cheers!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

103. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 15, 2019, 11:56 eRe4s3r

Simon Says wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 01:15:
Numinar wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 23:27:
I don't think there has ever been a better time to play video games. ( ... ) New shit is real, real good.

I don't agree with Numinar on most of his points, but I gotta heartily disagree on those 2 points of yours here. Gaming has been at it's lowest point in decades. The golden ages are over, there hasn't been a real new genre for more than a decade, wherehas in the 90's you had a new, or multiple new genres every year.

I played thousands of games since the Colecovision.

Every new game that gets released lately is just a re-hash of a re-hash of a re-hash with a different name, slightly different setting, slightly different story and slightly mixed and matched mechanics we've seen a hundred times already. I feel like I played these games dozens if not a hundred times.

Last game that got me enthralled was RockBand/GuitarHero more than a decade ago because the gameplay was relatively ( amplitude ) new. I got hooked on them for a few years, it was FUN.

Every release now is just the hundredth "insert genre here" game I played with perhaps a new twist from another "insert genre here" that I also played a hundred times. I get bored in minutes or hours.

I might be a little blasť, I don't know, or I've had my fill and need to move on?

Yes the production quality is way up for the most part ( especially big AAA titles ), but no one is really innovating, taking risks, trying radically new things. Release after release is just another game I played dozens if not a hundred times already.

The retro fad had me yawning, except for those few Metroidvanias I was still somewhat craving after Super Metroid left me wanting for more long ago.

Totally boring. The good times have come and gone.

You know how many games piqued my curiosity enough to buy them in the last 2 years? ZERO

I'm just waiting on VR to mature at this point, get cheaper. Still too pricey and too immature to jump on that bandwagon yet as far as I'm concerned and the current virtual stall in the midrange ( 300$ and lower ) GPU perf isn't helping any.

Hoping that perhaps full dive will become a reality before I die, that shit would be REALLY cool, for a while, until I get bored of it too I guess.

Just my 2 cents.

That's why after many years of gaming, for me only 2 things matter, story and immersion. If that hits then I enjoy a game (Ie. Nier Automata, which is imo the best game of this decade FAR above any other AAA titles). I found as I grow older very few games can catch me just with gameplay (Factorio and KSP are the true exceptions here, as well as Anno games which I dunno why, but I absolutely LOVE playing I guess because they merge sandbox city building and story-telling).

Either way, there are still many games I like playing, so I don't have that kind of dismal view on gaming that you have. But I can see and admit that AAA gaming isn't innovating at all. I mean, Anno 1800 is the best example, literally a "just slightly better" copy of all Anno games ever. Meanwhile the last truly revolutionary genre game for me was the original Anno, Diablo and Settlers games, and System Shock 2, nowadays I would add Factorio, KSP and Nier:Automata to this list. Factorio and KSP entirely because of mods, and Nier:Automata because of the story and immersion.

Sure I enjoyed other RPG's, like Witcher 3 but only because of story and immersion as well. Oh well

102. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 15, 2019, 03:30 Numinar

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 15, 2019, 00:18:
I couldn't even imagine being possible in the 90's.

Sigh, you are the exact kind of stupid moron I'm talking about, you don't realize how fucking stupid you are.

Starcraft 2 became a drm ridden f2p game selling skins to kids

Diablo 3 has single player fucking lag, and because of drm no fucking modding... sigh.

Quake champions... no fucking modding, sdk's, level editors, or all that cool shit we got in the 90's.

Doom 2016 -- snapmap, instead of the amazing modding and editing community of doom.. they had a chance to totally bring back the modding scene of doom like the 90's and they went and consolized the shit out of the modding and editing.

So many of our favorite properties have gone to shit because of the drm and microtransaction beast unleashed by the mmo/steam generation of gaming retards.

So no, if you believe this is the best time in gaming history. You're pretty much fucking retarded. Having level editors and modding in the AAA space was expected in the 90's, now it's on life support. So gaming is nowhere near as cool as it should have been if people had not fucking bought stolen games... which is what drm is. Games you don't own nor control.

"service based games" was the biggest scam ever that began with mmo's, ceo's and greedy dev's asked themselves how they could bend over the average consumer retard and get you to pay more money for less content and boy the last 20 years has been full retard levels of anti consumer behavior unleashed by the internet giving access to the mouthbreathing half of mankind.

Modern gaming is a retard dystopia for anyone who loved the gaming properties of the 90's.

Dude I am as honored for you to call me a retard as I would be for the Westboro Baptist Church to picket my funeral. Your opinion is valid, modern games are not for everyone, but the way you view and interact with others that think differently to you is as fucked up as theirs. I'm just going to assume it's hookworm or something.

If those features you mentioned were as popular and important to people as you insist developers would include them for the extra sales. Some still do. It's just people need money to pay for all that work, and games are more complicated than they were back then when a Carmack could put one together with a little help and then upload his tools to a BBS.

The communists didn't make many good video games outside of Ttetris, why would anyone today make them for free? It's a difficult and expensive undertaking, but there are lively modding scenes for many of my favorite modern games, and independent developers are consistently mining my nostalgia to save on production costs by making games with outdated assets and design sensibilities, though rarely with success. The excesses of capitalism damage many aspects of our lives, but games seem to get off lightly for those that consume (As opposed to the poor buggers making them). They are certainly much cheaper than they used to be when corrected for inflation.

As for stupid, it's not for me to say. I'm no physics professor that is for sure. I'm sure your Mensa club is a lot of fun but I'll just have to miss out. Luckily I've got a shit ton of fantastic modern games to play.

101. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 15, 2019, 01:15 Simon Says

I don't think there has ever been a better time to play video games. ( ... ) New shit is real, real good.

I don't agree with Numinar on most of his points, but I gotta heartily disagree on those 2 points of yours here. Gaming has been at it's lowest point in decades. The golden ages are over, there hasn't been a real new genre for more than a decade, wherehas in the 90's you had a new, or multiple new genres every year.

I played thousands of games since the Colecovision.

Every new game that gets released lately is just a re-hash of a re-hash of a re-hash with a different name, slightly different setting, slightly different story and slightly mixed and matched mechanics we've seen a hundred times already. I feel like I played these games dozens if not a hundred times.

Last game that got me enthralled was RockBand/GuitarHero more than a decade ago because the gameplay was relatively ( amplitude ) new. I got hooked on them for a few years, it was FUN.

Every release now is just the hundredth "insert genre here" game I played with perhaps a new twist from another "insert genre here" that I also played a hundred times. I get bored in minutes or hours.

I might be a little blasť, I don't know, or I've had my fill and need to move on?

Yes the production quality is way up for the most part ( especially big AAA titles ), but no one is really innovating, taking risks, trying radically new things. Release after release is just another game I played dozens if not a hundred times already.

The retro fad had me yawning, except for those few Metroidvanias I was still somewhat craving after Super Metroid left me wanting for more long ago.

Totally boring. The good times have come and gone.

You know how many games piqued my curiosity enough to buy them in the last 2 years? ZERO

I'm just waiting on VR to mature at this point, get cheaper. Still too pricey and too immature to jump on that bandwagon yet as far as I'm concerned and the current virtual stall in the midrange ( 300$ and lower ) GPU perf isn't helping any.

Hoping that perhaps full dive will become a reality before I die, that shit would be REALLY cool, for a while, until I get bored of it too I guess.

Just my 2 cents.

100. removed Mar 15, 2019, 00:18 Suppa7

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 16, 2019, 00:19.

99. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 14, 2019, 23:27 Numinar

Suppa7 wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 20:27:
LOL you all complain about epic games but let's be honest, as soon as you all accepted drm an mmo's, you already fucked yourselfs. The fact that steam even exists... means that battle was lost 20 years ago when people bent over and gave up game ownership when PC RPG's were being rebranded mmo's...

When everyone bent over for everquest, ultina online, world of warcraft and guild wars 1 with drm... you all told the game industry you were worthless fucks who deserve to get raped. The plan since the 90's was always to remove game and software ownership from the stupid and ignorant masses of mankind.

Anyone who was a PC game nerd in the 90's is pretty fucking mad that the PC gaming future became a fucking f2p, live service dystopia because moronic masses kept feeding money to games they didn't own and hostile anti consumer practices.

Epic games is hardly a fly on the wall in this battle, the fact that they are working on game streaming to seal all games permanently behind a drip fed encrypted stream eventually will come and I'm sure you'll all bend over for that too.

The battle was lost as soon as the stupid masses got internet. In the 90's we were protected from the mmo mouthbreathers and half-life and counterstrike addicts who enabled gabe to steal half-life and counterstrike.

The internet undermined gamers ability to hold these companies accountable.

You don't speak for me, and I was as full 90's PC nerd as you can be. Your theory that all the bad things in modern gaming are conflated/caused by the MMO moment is interesting, however I don't think there has ever been a better time to play video games.

Every game I have ever owned I can play within minutes if I want to. But for the older stuff, I don't want to. Not for more than a few dozen evenings or so a year with true classics like UFO Enemy Unknown, Alpha Centauri or Star Control 2. The new stuff is great, past five years it has never been better. There are gaps, games they don't make because they don't make enough money or are difficult/risky to do and games that are dated and in desperate need of a modern, proper update. But as much as the 90's golden age of PC gaming was worthy of the title there is a reason GoG isn't the biggest retailer in this space. New shit is real, real good. And there was always garbage products and business practices.

And some service games are phenomenal. Maybe you need friends/family to enjoy them properly but there are moments in Sea of Thieves or Destiny or Battlefield I couldn't even imagine being possible in the 90's. Factorio, Subnautica and Kerbal are beyond anything we had back then. DCS may not have the single player content of 90's sims but the sim itself is so far beyond what we had in terms of fidelity and multiplayer capability you would not have believed it possible back then.

98. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 14, 2019, 20:27 Suppa7

LOL you all complain about epic games but let's be honest, as soon as you all accepted drm an mmo's, you already fucked yourselfs. The fact that steam even exists... means that battle was lost 20 years ago when people bent over and gave up game ownership when PC RPG's were being rebranded mmo's...

When everyone bent over for everquest, ultina online, world of warcraft and guild wars 1 with drm... you all told the game industry you were worthless fucks who deserve to get raped. The plan since the 90's was always to remove game and software ownership from the stupid and ignorant masses of mankind.

Anyone who was a PC game nerd in the 90's is pretty fucking mad that the PC gaming future became a fucking f2p, live service dystopia because moronic masses kept feeding money to games they didn't own and hostile anti consumer practices.

Epic games is hardly a fly on the wall in this battle, the fact that they are working on game streaming to seal all games permanently behind a drip fed encrypted stream eventually will come and I'm sure you'll all bend over for that too.

The battle was lost as soon as the stupid masses got internet. In the 90's we were protected from the mmo mouthbreathers and half-life and counterstrike addicts who enabled gabe to steal half-life and counterstrike.

The internet undermined gamers ability to hold these companies accountable.

97. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 14, 2019, 14:30 Beamer

grudgebearer wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 10:32:
Beamer wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 10:20:
grudgebearer wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 09:37:
Tone84 wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 23:14:
Not really a big deal IMHO. They're giving steam competition and forcing steam to do better. It comes out to steam a year later and you'll still get a steam key if you chose steam 1 year later.

Building a store-front/launcher to compete with Steam, while taking less of a cut of games sales, is not the same thing as buying exclusivity, and limiting gamer choice in where they purchase their games.

But did you have that choice in the past?
For most games, no, no you did not. They were on Steam, and just Steam. It wasn't some exclusive agreement, but it was the same outcome. Steam was the only marketplace carrying most games. Sure, Origin got some, UPlay got some, but these weren't really anything beyond their own first party games, and people avoided these marketplaces as much as possible.

The past is irrelevant. Epic is paying to limit availability of games to be purchased through any other means than their store. Plain and simple. This isn't a case where a publisher or a dev is just saying "Fuck steam, Valve takes too much of a cut, we aren't releasing our game there."

This is a case where a game was going to be released on multiple stores, and Epic came along and said to Snapshot games "we will pay you to only release your game on our store for a year, and give gamers no option but to purchase the game from us if they want to play it."

It's pretty straightforward.

So you're ok if a dev decides that Steam doesn't give them enough money to sell on it, but not ok if a dev says Epic gives them more money so they're releasing only on it?

That's not straightforward. That doesn't make much sense.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

96. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 14, 2019, 14:08 jdreyer

CJ_Parker wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 13:04:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 19:47:
Speaking of which, we haven't had a good Star Citizen thread in a while...

I'm sure there will be a thread to make up for that tenfold in the not too distant future.

Chris and Sandi have all but disappeared from the public eye. They have not hosted a single AtV web show on the SC YT channel this year while they previously used to show their mugs nearly every week before that.

They have never been absent from public channels this long since the project started in 2012. Coincidence after the investor thing recently? I think not.

Seems like they are intentionally keeping a low profile at the moment. Maybe they have finally become sick of their own lies?
Whatever it is I'm expecting some major news later this year. Either the long expected kaboom or, more likely, a sale of the whole endeavor to... Epic? EA? A consortium of investors?

We'll see... there is something in the air though. Mark my w3rdz.

As long as they finish the single player SQ 42, I'll be fine. All the lawsuits will make for great reading and better threads.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

95. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 14, 2019, 13:04 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 19:47:
Speaking of which, we haven't had a good Star Citizen thread in a while...

I'm sure there will be a thread to make up for that tenfold in the not too distant future.

Chris and Sandi have all but disappeared from the public eye. They have not hosted a single AtV web show on the SC YT channel this year while they previously used to show their mugs nearly every week before that.

They have never been absent from public channels this long since the project started in 2012. Coincidence after the investor thing recently? I think not.

Seems like they are intentionally keeping a low profile at the moment. Maybe they have finally become sick of their own lies?
Whatever it is I'm expecting some major news later this year. Either the long expected kaboom or, more likely, a sale of the whole endeavor to... Epic? EA? A consortium of investors?

We'll see... there is something in the air though. Mark my w3rdz.

94. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 14, 2019, 10:32 grudgebearer

Beamer wrote on Mar 14, 2019, 10:20:
Not really a big deal IMHO. They're giving steam competition and forcing steam to do better. It comes out to steam a year later and you'll still get a steam key if you chose steam 1 year later.

Building a store-front/launcher to compete with Steam, while taking less of a cut of games sales, is not the same thing as buying exclusivity, and limiting gamer choice in where they purchase their games.

For most games, no, no you did not. They were on Steam, and just Steam. It wasn't some exclusive agreement, but it was the same outcome. Steam was the only marketplace carrying most games. Sure, Origin got some, UPlay got some, but these weren't really anything beyond their own first party games, and people avoided these marketplaces as much as possible.

The past is irrelevant. Epic is paying to limit availability of games to be purchased through any other means than their store. Plain and simple. This isn't a case where a publisher or a dev is just saying "Fuck steam, Valve takes too much of a cut, we aren't releasing our game there."

This is a case where a game was going to be released on multiple stores, and Epic came along and said to Snapshot games "we will pay you to only release your game on our store for a year, and give gamers no option but to purchase the game from us if they want to play it."

It's pretty straightforward.

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

93. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 14, 2019, 10:20 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

92. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 14, 2019, 09:37 grudgebearer

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

91. DRM free Mar 14, 2019, 03:11 Flo

Not sure if this was already mentioned:

Phoenix Point will be DRM free, and will run without the Epic Launcher. You can uninstall it after downloading or updating, and the game will run fine. You can even add it to your Steam library manually.

Reddit Permalink

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

90. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 14, 2019, 00:37 Numinar

theglaze wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 15:40:
I haven't read what people have typed, pardon me if this has been said, but an idea I have is:

Half-Life 3, Portal 3, and LFD3 haven't been developed because Valve doesn't have the pressure of competition on Steam to bother with making their own in-house exclusives to attract/keep users to their platform.

Perhaps the success of other platforms will wake up the giant that is Valve game development?

I think those games have not been developed because Valve has ALL the data on what is popular and what people play.

And those games are not it. Not in the numbers required for the production value they deserve. And making AAA is more expensive for valve, they don't have the army of disposable cheap entry level game devs that are required for modern full price games.

89. Re: Into the Black Mar 13, 2019, 23:36 Kxmode

theglaze wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 21:03:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 19:37:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 15:25:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 14:52:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 14:24:
Why paragraphs of single sentences? It's actually harder to read.

Glasses on? If not, try squinting.

I mean breaking sentences into paragraphs breaks the flow of reading with constant pauses. It's like that one person who continually puts an ellipsis at the end of sentences. I'm not against... such things... but it makes it hard to... follow the flow... plus I'm reading this... in my... William Shatner voice.
Heh.

Wait a second... my ellipsis's make you read in Captain Kirk?

Highlight of my day!

Any ellipsis makes a sentence sound... like... Captain Kirk.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 ó Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

88. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 13, 2019, 23:14 Tone84

87. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 13, 2019, 22:54 eRe4s3r

Man I go to bed and get some work done, and on my 2nd coffee I notice this thread.

But let me get this clear. FIG isn't a kickstarting platform, FIG is an investment platform. The steam release wasn't an optional thing, it was guaranteed in their FIG details and their FIG FAQ clearly says it comes to Steam with no "but" anywhere.

This is bait and switch and 100% illegal.

Also, it is total suicide for a kickstarter project to piss off backers before release. I can not even comprehend what kind of idiocy exists in game developing studios nowadays. Satisfactory won't EVER see my money, neither will this game or any other "EPIC exclusive" that pulled from steam or from a promised steam release.

Have no problem if games announce to come to Epic and Uplay for example. Why would I care if steam release was never even on the table? But promising one and then reneging on that promise is scummy as fuck.

86. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 13, 2019, 22:10 FloorPie

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 20:31:
FloorPie wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 18:39:
Uh, your friend is smoking crack and obviously an IT drone in Sector 7G. First I've heard of that, seen nothing of that from people who bought the Ult/Gold edition and are playing it right now. Since I preordered basic Div2 via Humble and can't play it till Friday, yet I've preloaded it on uplay... I'd be really surprised it would require an Epic login. It would be hilarious and would guarantee I don't buy any more Div2 stuff till they clear it up.

Close. He's a DBA, which is roughly the same thing.

In any case, when it unlocks for you, would you mind letting me know that it just goes through the UPlay launcher directly? I have no problem with the UPlay launcher (mostly because they have actual customer support who are super helpful when you have an issue), so may pick it up then. If it's somehow tied to the Epic Launcher, then fuck that noise.

Sure thing.

85. Re: Phoenix Point an Epic Games Store Exclusive Mar 13, 2019, 21:03 theglaze

jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 19:37:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 15:25:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 14:52:
Kxmode wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 14:24:
Why paragraphs of single sentences? It's actually harder to read.

Glasses on? If not, try squinting.

I mean breaking sentences into paragraphs breaks the flow of reading with constant pauses. It's like that one person who continually puts an ellipsis at the end of sentences. I'm not against... such things... but it makes it hard to... follow the flow... plus I'm reading this... in my... William Shatner voice.
Heh.

Wait a second... my ellipsis's make you read in Captain Kirk?

Highlight of my day!

104 Replies. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo