Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Jade Raymond Joins Google

A new GDC 2019 teaser video from Google teases their planned unveiling of their "vision for the future of gaming next Tuesday at the Game Developers Conference. Now word is their plans include a prominent industry veteran with the news that Jade Raymond is their new VP of games. Raymond was producer on The Sims Online in her EA days and was producer/executive producer on Watch Dogs and the Assassin's Creed series when she was at Ubisoft. We don't know details about what's going on at Google, though there is speculation they may announce of some sort of game console of their own. We should know more starting at 1:00 pm EDT on March 19th when the Google GDC 2019 Gaming Announcement kicks off.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Jade Raymond Joins Google Mar 14, 2019, 09:47 Kain

Google is laying off people in the Hardware division right now by the way. They are a company with a major identity crisis, don't get too invested in their platforms.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Jade Raymond Joins Google Mar 13, 2019, 20:02 1badmf

Xero wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 15:28:
I was also in the AC Odyssey test and I honestly ended up not wanting to play it anymore because I felt I wasn't experiencing it in an enjoyable format I would on my own PC. Thus I played 1 hour and 1 minute to make sure I qualified for the free copy.

I've installed it locally and what a difference. It just feels right.
The mouse lag that the demo had, the occasional graphic fidelity drop based on your connection, just overall soiled the gameplay experience. I didn't want to play much more on it fearing I would ruin the experience as it was meant to be played.

This may work for poor folks who don't want to cough up big bucks for a quality gaming PC. Or those that just don't care and like the fact that they can basically play their big budget game from just about anywhere that they can access a web browser.

Just it's not for everyone and definitely not for me.

i never had any such issues. no graphic drops, no mouse lag, and honestly it looked phenomenal to me, not like a compressed youtube video. if they start supporting resolutions over 1080p i'm all in.

6. Re: Jade Raymond Joins Google Mar 13, 2019, 17:53 Cutter

Kain wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 12:22:
Google has a litany of half baked projects so I won't be interested in their gaming efforts until they've been in the market for a long time.

Zackly. They're dilettantes, dabblers. I won't hold my breath this'll be anything other than more wasted money and time.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

5. Re: Jade Raymond Joins Google Mar 13, 2019, 15:28 Xero

I was also in the AC Odyssey test and I honestly ended up not wanting to play it anymore because I felt I wasn't experiencing it in an enjoyable format I would on my own PC. Thus I played 1 hour and 1 minute to make sure I qualified for the free copy.

I've installed it locally and what a difference. It just feels right.
The mouse lag that the demo had, the occasional graphic fidelity drop based on your connection, just overall soiled the gameplay experience. I didn't want to play much more on it fearing I would ruin the experience as it was meant to be played.

This may work for poor folks who don't want to cough up big bucks for a quality gaming PC. Or those that just don't care and like the fact that they can basically play their big budget game from just about anywhere that they can access a web browser.

Just it's not for everyone and definitely not for me.

Primarily playing ATM: CS Go, DUSK, Ion Maiden, FarCry New Dawn, 20XX

4. Re: Jade Raymond Joins Google Mar 13, 2019, 13:10 HorrorScope

She's been bouncing around lately.  

3. Re: Jade Raymond Joins Google Mar 13, 2019, 12:56 pockets

My guess is it's their streaming service. I tried it out so I could play AC:Odyssey, but I came across not so impressed as I had hoped. Resolution was limited and I just spent big bucks on getting a 4k setup. It has potential, but I still can't see how they will get this working with high frame rate games with large resolutions.

Can't see them putting out a console. Only thing that seems to make sense for Google is putting the games in their browser like their test.

2. Re: Jade Raymond Joins Google Mar 13, 2019, 12:22 Kain

Google has a litany of half baked projects so I won't be interested in their gaming efforts until they've been in the market for a long time.  

1. Re: Jade Raymond Joins Google Mar 13, 2019, 09:17 Task

Interesting, Google creating a game division?  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo