Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Interviews

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 13, 2019, 17:56 Cutter

They can't even manage to display anything outside of US currency! Exclusives are bullshit - always have been, always will be. Good prices? A couple dollars less than on Steam isn't a good price. Besides all that they have zero security and zero customer support. If they think this is all it takes to beat Steam they'll be out of business in a year or two.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 13, 2019, 17:06 Creston

From the full interview:

“We believe the ultimate vector for players to discover new games will not be our storefront but creators, which is why Epic’s ‘Support a Creator’ program is integrated into store operations,” says Sweeney, adding: “Viewership of creator channels has greatly outgrown any storefront. In Korea and China, the primary game distribution vectors are social: WeChat, KakaoTalk and QQ, rather than storefronts. As with the twists in Fortnite’s evolution, one shouldn’t necessarily project the Steam or App Store paradigm onto its final form,” he cautions.

What is he even saying here? That in the future, in order to buy a game you have to watch a creator channel and wait for a link in that channel to pop up so you can buy it? I think I just saw my own version of Dante's fucking Inferno...

5. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 13, 2019, 16:58 Creston

Not features. Not support. Not customer service. Nope. Exclusives.

I hope that Fortnite gravy train shits the bed soon so this can just go away again. Are you going to spend ANY of your fucking money on SUPPORTING your customers, Sweeney??

4. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 13, 2019, 14:19 Slashman

Epic is content to cry that Steam is near perfect already so they can't compete on features.

So they won't do that...because who cares about them anyway and compete via paid exclusivity deals.

I'm just thinking if you truly believe that you can't offer a better model...why try?

3. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 13, 2019, 13:45 Kain

Better pricing and better features is what draws me to platforms.  

2. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 13, 2019, 12:59 J

Or, by being better?  

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

1. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 13, 2019, 09:51 Acleacius

Or to isolate your business?  

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo