Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

etc.

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: etc. Mar 13, 2019, 18:08 MoreLuckThanSkill

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2019, 17:11:
Everything about Anthem is just retarded. The fact that your damage numbers don't actually mean shit, this stupid "power level" calculation, it's all clear evidence that BiowEAr had no clue how to actually build a game like this.

Which gives way more credence to the rumors that this wasn't actually the game they WANTED to make, but it was what EA forced them to turn it into.

Basically. I made it through the main quest, then leveled up to 26 to get the last javelin unlock(Colossus for me). My character is 27 now, don't see much point in playing further. The end game content is sparse, the storyline was clearly truncated, and it definitely feels like they were forced to, or chose to, pivot the game direction at least once. The main storyline stuff feels closer to a single player game, especially the whole Fort Tarsis area. It feels like they probably settled on core javelin movement mechanics very early on, and those survived whatever changes were forced upon them or chosen, but the itemization, open world aspect, the menus/UI, crafting, all the rest seems horribly kluged together.

Oh well, the coop pve guys are all salivating over Division 2, so I guess we'll play that for the next few months. I'll check back on Anthem every now and then, the movement is hopefully too cool for them to abandon utterly.

Also, it seems like the Frostbite engine befuddles people trying to make non BF games, but apparently some of the higher ups in Bioware chose that, not EA ?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: etc. Mar 13, 2019, 17:11 Creston

Everything about Anthem is just retarded. The fact that your damage numbers don't actually mean shit, this stupid "power level" calculation, it's all clear evidence that BiowEAr had no clue how to actually build a game like this.

Which gives way more credence to the rumors that this wasn't actually the game they WANTED to make, but it was what EA forced them to turn it into.

1. Re: etc. Mar 13, 2019, 13:16 MoreLuckThanSkill

Oh (formerly known as) Bioware.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo