Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Anthem Patched

A post on Reddit announces a new update for Anthem is now live, updating BioWare's action/RPG to version 1.03. The patch notes show that this is a pretty big update, and includes fixes for stability issues that have plagued the game since its launch. Here's word from the post on high level fixes and changes as well as other changes they still have in the works:

High level fixes and changes

• Respawn restrictions have been removed - Respawn timers are now based on the activity a player is in. Crit-Path, Agent Missions and other non-end game missions now have a respawn timer of 10 seconds. Strongholds, Legendary Contracts, and other end game missions now have a respawn timer of 30 seconds. The respawn timer Freeplay remains unchanged.
  • Loot Changes - Common (white) and Uncommon (green) drops will no longer appear for players that are level 30.
  • Improved stability for all platforms - this includes fixes for a number of issues that were causing crashes or connection problems
  • Audio Improvements - Fixed a number of issues that could cause audio to drop out

In addition to the above updates, we wanted to let you know of some other known issues that the team is working on fixing:

• When loading into the game for the first time after a patch the Shields and Armor on a javelin will be incorrect. The first time a player enters and exits Freeplay or any other activity the issue will fix itself.
  • Players are not receiving their level 20 Match Consumables. Players were granted item blueprints instead of the recipes when they hit this level previously.
  • Some players may experience audio crackling while in Fort Tarsis.
  • There may be some instances where players are unable to quit out of a Quickplay mission through the map UI.
  • A number challenges may not be tracking properly, such as the objectives under the “Legendary Freelancer” challenge.
  • Some players may encounter a bug where they are unable to interact with any objects or players.
  • Visual effects on javelin thrusters are not functioning properly while stormy weather is present in game.
  • Inactivity messages may not be able to be dismissed after a player returns from being away.
  • There are a number of Origin error messages that some PC players may encounter, including Origin showing that it is offline when it actually online.
  • The UI may not display events for some players when an event has spawned nearby in Freeplay.
  • There is a bug where armor pips can change in between activities. This is both a display and gameplay issue.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 10, 2019, 17:47 ShakaUVM

Too little, too late. I've already uninstalled and have zero interest in reinstalling.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 10, 2019, 12:58 HorrorScope

Kain wrote on Mar 10, 2019, 08:12:
Osc8r wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 22:49:
I was quite enjoying the game until the patch... they basically made monsters on higher GM difficulties just super bullet spunges, yet they haven't changed the loot tables at all... just more blue and purple trash and even less oranges. 20 strongholds later and not a single legendary or meaningful upgrade.

And i'm pretty much done.

Only thing left to do is to grind for eternity to get gear that allows me to be able to kill monsters with even more inflated HP... pass.

Agreed. The game suffers in many other areas but to me the biggest issue is the lack of quality content. Their response to everything seems to be to increase the grind in a hopeless attempt to keep players around long enough. This game has a real problem with variety, I don't want to do the same 4 mission types in a hamster wheel for bad loot. This game just fundamentally isn't very deep or fun, its like they designed a skeleton of a game they wanted to make and could not figure out how to actually execute on that plan.

They need to go back to the basics here. Make fun missions and reward players with fun loot. Don't worry about whether players will stick around for 2 years, thats a business concern that has no place in actual gameplay design. Make things fun and it takes care of itself, look at R6 Siege and its revival.

Since it doesn't have the content, they needed to be more liberal with the loot to make it feel worth doing the same things over. When you have no content and bad loot drops at end game, you have what they have now a lot of unhappy campers moaning. CEO of EA... unfazed, no loots for you!

19. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 10, 2019, 10:21 El Pit

I'm optimistic they can get the basic game mechanics and engine hiccups handled and can start adding contents end of 2019/beginning of 2020. After some heavy testing, the game should be ready for release in late 2020!

Wait... What do you mean it is alredy "finished" and sold to customers?! Huh Nono

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

18. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 10, 2019, 10:15 Creston

Kain wrote on Mar 10, 2019, 08:12:
Don't worry about whether players will stick around for 2 years, thats a business concern that has no place in actual gameplay design.

You just gave every fucking suit at EA a heart attack.

Well, we can hope at least.

17. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 10, 2019, 08:12 Kain

I was quite enjoying the game until the patch... they basically made monsters on higher GM difficulties just super bullet spunges, yet they haven't changed the loot tables at all... just more blue and purple trash and even less oranges. 20 strongholds later and not a single legendary or meaningful upgrade.

Only thing left to do is to grind for eternity to get gear that allows me to be able to kill monsters with even more inflated HP... pass.

Agreed. The game suffers in many other areas but to me the biggest issue is the lack of quality content. Their response to everything seems to be to increase the grind in a hopeless attempt to keep players around long enough. This game has a real problem with variety, I don't want to do the same 4 mission types in a hamster wheel for bad loot. This game just fundamentally isn't very deep or fun, its like they designed a skeleton of a game they wanted to make and could not figure out how to actually execute on that plan.

They need to go back to the basics here. Make fun missions and reward players with fun loot. Don't worry about whether players will stick around for 2 years, thats a business concern that has no place in actual gameplay design. Make things fun and it takes care of itself, look at R6 Siege and its revival.

16. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 10, 2019, 00:34 Osc8r

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 23:13:

If you are gun heavy I felt it might be a small nerf. On your actually skills it was a big boost, it is now back to a skills game throughout vs changing late game to a gun game.

Na, im a skill heavy storm and it was a huge nerf, sure, it says I do more damage in GM2 strongholds but only because monsters HP have been heavily inflated by a much larger margin.

I used to do nothing but GM2 stronghold runs and GM3 freeroam, but now GM2 mobs just make the game feel like an RSI inducing chore.

GM1 strongholds I could easily do solo though... so it's either a choice of piss easy runs or a full on snore fest just to try and get better gear, to make the next level or snore fest level boring?

What a terrible patch.

15. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 23:13 HorrorScope

If you are gun heavy I felt it might be a small nerf. On your actually skills it was a big boost, it is now back to a skills game throughout vs changing late game to a gun game.

14. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 22:49 Osc8r

13. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 21:42 HorrorScope

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 17:36:
Having a ton of fun playing the Colossus.

Loot does get better, but like any game you're not really going to see the purple until level 20.

All the loot talk is when the story is long done and you start getting your MW's and then improving upon them regularly.

12. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 21:06 Steele Johnson

Amazing graphics and audio wasted on boring gameplay. Such a letdown.  

11. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 20:01 Angrius Maximis

this game is still beyond broken. Anthem fanboys will rally in defense of the game, but apparently they like bland games with poor loot, poor NPC's, poor mission structure and trickle down content with a worthless end game. And thus you see why their game opinions are pretty much worthless.  

10. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 18:29 Quinn

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 12:14:
What is unbearable is your fucking whining.

Really enjoying Athem, and as Creston said able to launch anywhere is fucking AWESOME.

Good for you. To me, the world feels more like a dead benchmark and gameplay test area for a development team. Even the scale feels off to me. When I think of my combat moments in Anthem, my mind's eye remembers it as doing target practice on tiny people. There also is no co-op to speak of. Everyone tries to bring in the most pew-pew and get to the next checkpoints quickest. The best thing of this game are some of the vistas but you can't take them in because Vladimir1998 decided to blast to checkpoint C.

This game is a huge miss for me. It' practically dead in half a year at best.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

9. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 17:36 The Half Elf

Having a ton of fun playing the Colossus.

Loot does get better, but like any game you're not really going to see the purple until level 20.

The story REALLY picks up around level 18 or so.

Freeplay is more or less just bleh. It would be awesome to just go around and do missions instead of the short missions and back to the fort.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

8. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 14:36 HorrorScope

The skill powers were waning late game which made it a game of guns end game, this patch rebalances that, major bump in skills. Power 45 to now 61.

Auto-Respawn a good thing.

Launch from anywhere in Tarsis, not a big one once you have all the content done. But there will be more so it will pay off more later for those at this point now.

THE BIG ONE: They have now had two patches were for a small period of time MW/Legendary loot was dropping very well and where the game needs to be dropping 24/7. Some compare this to D3 vs D3 Loot 2.0, Bioware is doing Diablo 3 release loot. They fixed it and it's back to sad normal drops, figure 1 MW/HR and that isn't going to move the needle on your avatar.

So instead of everyone talking about the improvements in the Patch it's all about "I can't play at this loot drop pace anymore" and subs are up in a couple days, D2 coming out, many are saying they are heading out for now. I am because the dude I play with was on a sub and he's not re-upping for now, in fact he won't play again until there is a 1/2 off sale and more content.

You can go a week easy now at end game where you won't get anything better than you already have equipped and since there isn't fresh content, I guess the game is telling us to go do something else for now. We are.

7. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 14:07 MoreLuckThanSkill

The game needs work, but it's definitely got some appeal in the movement/shooting mechanics for me still, about 18-20 hours in or so.

They fucked up royally with their Mission system... should be able to just traverse the open world, do your missions(multiple) then go home when you're ready. Other hysterically bad choice is not being able to check what you just picked up, equip it, or destroy/recycle it on the spot.

Loot in general needs an overhaul, in terms of how items can have 1% bonus or 250% bonus to damage... makes items useless or godly and it's the same damned gun. On top of that, percentage changes, while nice damage boosts, are boring. Loot needs more weirdness and uniqueness.
In my opinion.

Not having text chat or some sort of Apex Legends-ish ping system in Freeplay is borderline criminal, and it feels like it's killing the game quickly. I meet up with people in Freeplay, and either their mics don't work, or mine isn't transmitting, and we only have 3 emotes, so we kinda wave and then everybody runs off in random directions. Annoying to say the least. Plus, not everyone WANTS to use voice comm in the first place.

It's going to be a close race to see if they can patch the game up to a good state before people flee to The Division 2, Generation Zero, Apex Legends, PUBG/Fortnite, etc. etc.

Short term fix for loot: More drops, and by type(Rare, Legendary, Uncommon, etc.) have windows for stats(Rares 45%-100%, Masterworks 80%-150%, Legendaries 180%-300% for example). No gun aside from maybe white commons should get under 10% to a stat, that gets on my nerves a lot so far. "Oooh, nice gun, max level, oh wait 1% to pickup radius, what the hell"

Long term loot fix, they need uniques/legendaries to be far more interesting. Even masterworks should have some game changing properties in my opinion.

Ranger class seems to have had two design periods, where they went back and forth between Impact and Blast, and the two periods maybe had two or more teams, because items currently compete with each other stat and give overall negatives to the class. Also some Gear has one type or the other for its damage and it does NOT make sense at all, ie. beams with Impact instead of Elemental? Is it Blast? I can't even tell.

Storm seems like it got the most complete passes, it's fun and you feel godly nuking people from 100 feet up with insane AoEs and combos.

Interceptor, still working on learning it, but the movement is relatively close to Warframe speed, so you can dominate AI groups pretty easily.

Haven't had Colossus since the prior beta/alpha, but it was fun and beastly, apparently it's only gotten better.

As far as the story, not really impressed at all. It's not terrible but clearly Bioware's great writers are all retired or dead. It feels like the Scars are an intelligent species with a deeper understanding of Shaper relics than the humans, yet humans either don't take them seriously or treat them like pure animals. I don't get it so far, unless the story wraps up better in the end with the Scars. Dominion is a little odd also, their don't seem to be many humans period on this planet, yet they wantonly destroy settlements.. bleh. Outlaws seem like there would have been the most room there for interesting stories, but they are just faceless villains also. Mostly suicidally so.

Enemies spawning in/appearing from nothingness right in front of you also needs a bit of a rework, in my opinion, but this may be currently beyond their engine.

Their patch changes listed fixing Titans a bit, which is great, currently they are annoying and not fun at all to fight; beatable but with a lot of wasted time while you stand there looking at their invulnerable form, waiting for them to try to attack and expose a weak point.

Long term fix required: the "Challenges" portion, either dramatically up the coin reward, or drop the numbers. Right now most of them are insane, people who have 200+ hours in already won't care, but people who get an hour or two here or there like myself will never cap out, due to the sheer number of kills required with different weapons etc. Not skill challenges currently, just mass murder challenges.

tl,dr: yep needs more work; flying and shooting like badass Iron Men is cool, but wait for a sale.

*EDIT* Typo.

6. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 13:28 jdreyer

J wrote on Mar 9, 2019, 12:43:
...is this the patch which makes it fun? old skool represent.

* shakes magic eight ball *

"Check back in six months"

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 12:43 J

...is this the patch which makes it fun? old skool represent.  

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

4. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 12:14 The Half Elf

What is unbearable is your fucking whining.

Really enjoying Athem, and as Creston said able to launch anywhere is fucking AWESOME.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

3. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 11:36 Quinn

Call the time of death already. This is unbearable.  

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

2. Re: Anthem Patched Mar 9, 2019, 11:20 Creston

Being able to launch missions from anywhere in Fort Tarsis is actually a HUGE deal, because it was so fucking annoying to have to slowly walk over to your suit every single time you wanted to go.

But still, no sight whatsoever of MORE FUCKING MISSION OBJECTIVES. "We have five of them, with four repeating per mission, SURELY that's enough???"

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo