DICE on Battlefield V's Future and Operation Sunrise

A new COMMUNITY BROADCAST 001 on the Battlefield Forums expresses DICE's commitment to Battlefield V and a new approach they are taking to the Live Service for the military shooter. They admit to the game's rocky launch and the work they've done since them before looking forward, saying, "The team here is very passionate about this game, and we all want to deliver beyond your expectations. So today we are going to talk a little bit about something we are calling Operation Sunrise." They promise more such community broadcasts, more high quality communication, and additional effort to improve gameplay with future updates. Here's a bit on that last topic:
UPDATES
Updating games has been a part of gaming for many years and with Battlefield V we’re pushing ourselves even harder in order to improve and tweak your gameplay experience.

With the introduction of bi-weekly updates we’ve come a long way from the quarterly updates that were released for the likes of Battlefield 4. We’re also committed to making changes via our backend server tools. While not everything can be carried out via this method, more and more of our updates are being worked on behind the scenes.

These backend tweaks can range from ongoing server maintenance to adjusting the game itself. Just recently we made some tweaks which changed the requirements of assignments as well as stat tracking within Combined Arms.

Both of these changes came directly from community feedback and as the game continues to evolve, your feedback will be a significant driving force behind it. Please do keep it coming.
View : : :
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer

Re: DICE on Battlefield V's Future and Operation Sunrise
Mar 1, 2019, 20:48
Re: DICE on Battlefield V's Future and Operation Sunrise Mar 1, 2019, 20:48
Mar 1, 2019, 20:48

been hearing this since BF3 ..... ""sorry for the issues, we are listening and implementing fixes...""

4 full games later - alot of the same problems - how is that possible ? ?

Re: etc.
Mar 1, 2019, 21:35
Re: etc. Mar 1, 2019, 21:35
Mar 1, 2019, 21:35

EA/DICE, you took away BF2142 and then started going backwards making BF1 again. get boycotted, fuckers.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Mar 1, 2019, 22:23
Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 1, 2019, 22:23
Mar 1, 2019, 22:23

Last Battlefield I bought was BF3, and I got suckered into buying this for half price in december.

Never again. They cant secure their game, finish it before release and provide a stable experience with the options given (dx12 still has memory leaks and blows up my pagefile to 16gb+, and starts stuttering without even using the available 6gb GPU memory on my card (tops out at about 5gb usage before it turns into a stuttering mess). Turning down the texture quality fixes this, but why the fuck would i turn down texture quality when it doesnt even use above 5gb on a 6gb card? This used to only affect people on older gen cards (im on 980ti), but now is creeping into the ray tracing cards as well, with the addition of DLSS.

Just a fucking mess through and through. Cannot even play the game without the reasonable expectation that the engine will go to shit at any moment and that many of the people playing are cheating in one way or another. Some of these cheats are claimed to be "unfixable" as well, so thats a nice cherry on top of the shit cake.

Mar 1, 2019, 22:32
Re: DICE on Battlefield V's Future and Operation Sunrise Mar 1, 2019, 22:32
Mar 1, 2019, 22:32

aka_STEVE wrote on Mar 1, 2019, 20:48:
been hearing this since BF3 ..... ""sorry for the issues, we are listening and implementing fixes...""

4 full games later - alot of the same problems - how is that possible ? ?
And somehow able to regress in many aspects.. hmmm indeed

Mar 1, 2019, 23:14
Re: DICE on Battlefield V's Future and Operation Sunrise Mar 1, 2019, 23:14
Mar 1, 2019, 23:14

I am embarrassed I bought this game. I just wanted to see real-time raytracing in action. It was a mistake.

The game is terrible, and DICE should feel terrible about releasing it.

Mar 2, 2019, 01:15
El Pit

Re: DICE on Battlefield V's Future and Operation Sunrise Mar 2, 2019, 01:15
Mar 2, 2019, 01:15
 El Pit

ShakaUVM wrote on Mar 1, 2019, 23:14:
I am embarrassed I bought this game. I just wanted to see real-time raytracing in action. It was a mistake.

But... but... next time will be better! We promise! Next year's Battlefield will be the real thing!

(This line to be repeated every... single... year...)

Sounds a lot like "No, honey, I will never beat you up ever again! I PROMISE! I can change!"
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)
Founder, president, and only member of the official "Grumpy Old Gamers Club". Please do not apply.

Mar 2, 2019, 02:20
Re: DICE on Battlefield V's Future and Operation Sunrise Mar 2, 2019, 02:20
Mar 2, 2019, 02:20

Been having a great time with it but I imagine the PC version is a nightmare of compatibility and cheaters. I'm sure there are mouse emulator dudes on console but I can handle them with positioning and teamwork, hackers just ruin servers. Got family and friends to play with on XBOX and it runs like a dream if you ignore the infinite load bugs that hit now and then.

I'm guessing I'm in the minority though. Only half a dozen full conquest games in my region at night. Guessing this is the last one of these they do for a while, unless they make some kind of new amazing change in direction, like Modern Warfare did for COD.

I would love them to lean into a more sim-like vision, and there are hints of that with the quick TTK and nerfing/limiting of team spotting. It still feels like an early 2000's shooter in all the best and worst ways at times and maybe people just don't want that anymore. It's like everyone ignored the best bits of PUBG, which were the bits where it was like ARMA with gunplay and movement.

Netcode seems great though. Playing with mates 600-3000km from the server and there is minimal visual nonsense or moments where you feel you got robbed. That alone makes me not nostalgic at all for the old games.

Mar 2, 2019, 08:19
Re: DICE on Battlefield V's Future and Operation Sunrise Mar 2, 2019, 08:19
Mar 2, 2019, 08:19

ShakaUVM wrote on Mar 1, 2019, 23:14:

Ray tracing is strictly a gimmick at this stage and don't get me started what a disaster DLSS is. Turning ray tracing on in any game is an immediate halving of your performance and if it supports DLSS get ready for the bluring.

Mar 2, 2019, 09:16
Re: DICE on Battlefield V's Future and Operation Sunrise Mar 2, 2019, 09:16
Mar 2, 2019, 09:16

El Pit wrote on Mar 2, 2019, 01:15:
But... but... next time will be better! We promise! Next year's Battlefield will be the real thing!
Exactly
Fool me once .....
Steam: SpectralMeat

Mar 2, 2019, 10:31
Re: DICE on Battlefield V's Future and Operation Sunrise Mar 2, 2019, 10:31
Mar 2, 2019, 10:31

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 2, 2019, 08:19:
Ray tracing is strictly a gimmick at this stage and don't get me started what a disaster DLSS is. Turning ray tracing on in any game is an immediate halving of your performance and if it supports DLSS get ready for the bluring.

It is certainly a gimmick in BF V but in general its pretty promising. That said I'm not sure how it's ever going to make it into more AAA releases without being implemented on the next gen consoles. DLSS is interesting because it has significant performance benefits and when implemented properly it's convincing. The trouble is that it needs to be manually tuned for each game, at least at this point. Many of the things Hardware Unboxed and GN posted about in Metro Exodus/BF V have already been fixed for example. On the other hand I'm not sure I want to rely on Nvidia manually tuning drivers for each game. Who knows how long they keep that up? Especially for older cards as the years go on.

Back on topic, BF V was a huge disappointment to me and I doubt they can redeem it with content patches or updates. The gunplay is the best feature but other than that everything else feels worse than previous iterations. Map design was a huge step backward, several boring and unimaginative levels made even worse by the fact that WWII has so many interesting conflicts for them to use. Weapon unlock and customization is annoying and made worse by several shitty specs and the worst UI since the original 1942 entry. They can't seem to get the TTK/TTD right and this is made more glaring by unchecked hackers due to their ridiculous and ineffectual stats based anti-cheat system. There's also no rented servers so you can't even admin your own servers to help control that nonsense. The amount of control they give the client in this is absurd, I was in a server last month where someone was just nuking everyone from spawn.

I also could not believe how few vehicles the engine can accommodate. It does not feel like a BF game at all. In their quest for ever more ridiculous levels of landscape detail they somehow neutered the amount of vehicles a level can have by more than half, this was confirmed by a Dice employee even. As a result you do way too much running around and it feels more like a CoD mod half the time.

I don't care about the social/political nonsense surrounding the games release, for me its just a really poor BF game. Dice really let me down with this one and need to do better in the future. Stop reinventing the wheel with features and netcode, build on your existing bases. It's getting utterly ridiculous that they are rebuilding and reimplementing the same features every single fucking release.

Mar 2, 2019, 18:05
Re: DICE on Battlefield V's Future and Operation Sunrise Mar 2, 2019, 18:05
Mar 2, 2019, 18:05

I agree with Kain on pretty much all points there.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Mar 3, 2019, 03:20
Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 3, 2019, 03:20
Mar 3, 2019, 03:20

I concur with Sepharo's concurrence.
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Older [  1  ] Newer