Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

World of Tanks Collector's Edition in April

Maximum Games announces plans for a World of Tanks Collector's Edition to be released on April 9th for all platforms in one package. It seems a little odd to offer such a package almost nine years after the game's launch, and perhaps even more so for it to carry a $159.99 USD price tag for a free-to-play game. But this first physical release of the online tank game is a limited edition, and contains all sorts of physical extras. Preorders to get one of the 5,130 numbered copies they are creating are underway on Amazon.com and Amazon.ca. Here's word on what you get:
World of Tanks puts you in command over 500 war machines from the mid-20th century so you can test your mettle against players from around the world with the ultimate war machines of the era. Command everything from legendary Shermans, Churchills, Tigers, and T-34s -all with a rich battlefield history- to vehicles that boasted feats of engineering design that never reached the production line. In World of Tanks, master the art of armored combat across dozens of maps, bringing historic locations from all over the globe to life and guaranteeing diverse tactical gameplay. The game is free-to-play and already has over 180 million devoted fans worldwide, so Roll Out with us!

KEY FEATURES

• REPLICA TIGER 131 IN ACTION: 1/32 scale PVC model crafted by the talented Tsume Art (20cm x 28cm x 18cm)
  • TANK BLUEPRINTS: Set of industrial styled blueprints inspired by the most popular tanks of WoT (18cm x 24cm)
  • HARD COVER ART BOOK: 96 pages of full color illustrations depicting the tanks and battlefields of the game (28.7cm x 19.5cm)
  • GAMING MOUSE: 2400 DPI precision mouse compatible with Windows/Mac and features 6 easy access buttons with a textured grip.
  • AMMO KEYCHAIN: Metal tank shell engraved with the number 131
  • NUMBERED LITHOGRAPHS: Set of high-quality lithographs depicting artistic renditions of armored conflicts. (15cm x 20cm)
  • NUMBERED CERTIFICATE: for authenticity (#1-5130)
  • DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT: Redeemable either on PC or console (PS4 or Xbox) platforms.
    • Tiger 131 Heavy Tank
    • 3 Garage Slots
    • Crew 100%
    • 10 Large Repair Kits
    • 10 Large First Aid Kits
    • 10 Automatic Fire Extinguisher
    • 10 Chocolate
    • 30 Premium Days
    • 1,000,000 Credits

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: World of Tanks Collector's Edition in April Mar 1, 2019, 14:49 Keith

When did EA take over World of Tanks? I think you are just on an anti-EA kick and have a hard time getting your head out of your ass.
I play regularly and don't pay anything most of the time. Occasionally I'll buy some premium time or what-not, but by and large I feel competitive without paying cash.
I recently upgraded my PC and can now see the upgraded graphics engine from last year. Made a huge difference visually. Previous online games I've played have died off or got so close to dying off that continuing to play was just embarrassing. World of Tanks continues to be fun and they continue to upgrade and expand it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: World of Tanks Collector's Edition in April Mar 1, 2019, 09:07 Task

Its because f2p style games, any kind really, exploit our monkey brains for that sweet sweet dopamine release.  

Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

2. Re: World of Tanks Collector's Edition in April Mar 1, 2019, 04:40 Muscular Beaver

VaranDragon wrote on Mar 1, 2019, 03:53:
This game is cancer. I still can't believe how popular it remains to this day. Despite the lies, false promises and unmet goals. It had great potential and way back when it was in beta and for the first year or so since it came out of EA it was pretty good fun and headed in the right direction. Then it became P2W and it all went downhill from there. Fuck this game, but more importantly fuck these developers. They are the scum of the earth.
Its the same with all of their games. They had a huge potential, and without their P2W system they would be great fun, but they are too greedy. Imagine (World of Warships as an example)... To fully enjoy the game and not smash the keyboard in frustration every game, you have to pay a monthly fee. Then you have to buy P2W stuff also, to have a chance competitively, and if you want to play lower tier ships and getting something out of it, you have to pay real money to convert exp gained with them into exp you can actually use.
If you really pay for all this, you can easily spend thousands of dollars a month.
It always boggles my mind how anyone does that or tortures himself by not doing it yet still playing that game, because their matchmaking is tied into this as well, so that weak non-paying players get matched with whale-teams who destroy them easily, so they are "driven" to pay. And if they pay, they notice that they arent paying enough and just wasted money, since they cant afford or dont want to pay more.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

1. Re: World of Tanks Collector's Edition in April Mar 1, 2019, 03:53 VaranDragon

This game is cancer. I still can't believe how popular it remains to this day. Despite the lies, false promises and unmet goals. It had great potential and way back when it was in beta and for the first year or so since it came out of EA it was pretty good fun and headed in the right direction. Then it became P2W and it all went downhill from there. Fuck this game, but more importantly fuck these developers. They are the scum of the earth.  

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >