Steam Top 10

May I have the envelope please? And the Oscars™ for bestselling games on Steam for last week go to:

1. Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm
  2. Devotion
  3. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
  4. Far Cry New Dawn
  5. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Siege - Year 4 Pass
  6. Grand Theft Auto V
  7. JUMP FORCE
  8. Dying Light Enhanced Edition
  9. FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION
  10. Far Cry New Dawn
View : : :
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Steam Top 10
Feb 25, 2019, 20:52
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2019, 20:52
Feb 25, 2019, 20:52

Long term goals for everyone: Buy Metro on Gog when it finally gets there, Gog.com is having a bit of financial difficulty.

Feb 25, 2019, 10:36
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2019, 10:36
Feb 25, 2019, 10:36

Quinn wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 10:19:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 10:03:
Beamer wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 09:59:
Jagacademy wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 09:45:
I don't know how anyone can honestly argue with a straight face that sales for Metro haven't suffered due to their exclusivity agreement with a platform that has an order of magnitude less traffic than others. They've already admitted that most of the game's sales have come from the PS4 market and they won't even release the PC sales metrics.

I mean, the sales usually come from console (maybe not from this franchise, but in general), PC sales metrics are very rarely released, and Epic may very well be paying them enough to cover for the lost sales.
Edit - looks like the "bulk on the PS4" is coming from physical sales reports, not from the publisher/devs, so of COURSE physical sales skew heavily console. We have literally no clue where digital sales are. None. For all we know, it's beating their sales goals on PC digital. Not a single word has been said anywhere, which is pretty common for a release like this.

Traffic isn't really an issue. No one stumbles upon a game like this, not this early. With the marketing in full kick, anyone buying it is learning about it elsewhere. Plus, no one really browses Steam in general, outside of sales - it's for spearfishing shopping. Lost sales are due to angry gamers, not a lack of traffic.
Thank you. For a second I thought I was living in some other plane of existence, what with the replies thinking that it's sales have been harmed by a region of spacetime exhibiting such strong gravitational effects that nothing - not even particles and electromagnetic radiation such as light - can escape from inside it.

We will never know if Metro suffered in sales with its exclusivity stunt, unless the game will suddenly sell more than any year old game ever has when it will released on Steam. Pure fucking logic tells me, however, that the game is definitely suffering. Despite the good reviews.

So be smug about it all you want. I stand by my original post and I'll sure as hell link back to this thread if data will somehow reveal I was right in the future.

Is it selling less? Definitely.
Is it worse off for it? Maybe, maybe not. Again, we have no clue what the agreement was with Epic.
Do we have any data around any of this? No, all we can do is assume. Jagacademy tried to use data, but all his data was really bad and misinterpreted (or, in the case of PS4 sales, misrepresented, as no one "admitted" anything.)

We won't know anything for a long while. The really angry gamers (I'd say irrationally angry) have hurt it. But its deal with Epic remains unknown, and could very easily make up for that. Given that this is a single player game without microtransactions, a smaller installed userbase isn't as damaging as it would be for something like Anthem. Simple calculus in a deal with Epic could make them right pretty easily.

Feb 25, 2019, 10:19
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2019, 10:19
Feb 25, 2019, 10:19

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 10:03:
I don't know how anyone can honestly argue with a straight face that sales for Metro haven't suffered due to their exclusivity agreement with a platform that has an order of magnitude less traffic than others. They've already admitted that most of the game's sales have come from the PS4 market and they won't even release the PC sales metrics.

I mean, the sales usually come from console (maybe not from this franchise, but in general), PC sales metrics are very rarely released, and Epic may very well be paying them enough to cover for the lost sales.
Edit - looks like the "bulk on the PS4" is coming from physical sales reports, not from the publisher/devs, so of COURSE physical sales skew heavily console. We have literally no clue where digital sales are. None. For all we know, it's beating their sales goals on PC digital. Not a single word has been said anywhere, which is pretty common for a release like this.

Traffic isn't really an issue. No one stumbles upon a game like this, not this early. With the marketing in full kick, anyone buying it is learning about it elsewhere. Plus, no one really browses Steam in general, outside of sales - it's for spearfishing shopping. Lost sales are due to angry gamers, not a lack of traffic.
Thank you. For a second I thought I was living in some other plane of existence, what with the replies thinking that it's sales have been harmed by a region of spacetime exhibiting such strong gravitational effects that nothing - not even particles and electromagnetic radiation such as light - can escape from inside it.

We will never know if Metro suffered in sales with its exclusivity stunt, unless the game will suddenly sell more than any year old game ever has when it will released on Steam. Pure fucking logic tells me, however, that the game is definitely suffering. Despite the good reviews.

So be smug about it all you want. I stand by my original post and I'll sure as hell link back to this thread if data will somehow reveal I was right in the future.
Currently playing: Gas Station Simulator, Vermintide 2, Horizon Zero Dawn

Feb 25, 2019, 10:03
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2019, 10:03
Feb 25, 2019, 10:03

- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Feb 25, 2019, 09:59
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2019, 09:59
Feb 25, 2019, 09:59

Feb 25, 2019, 09:55
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2019, 09:55
Feb 25, 2019, 09:55

Thank you. For a second I thought I was living in some other plane of existence, what with the replies to my original post. I thought it was pretty obvious what I meant with the black hole.

Feb 25, 2019, 09:45
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2019, 09:45
Feb 25, 2019, 09:45

Feb 25, 2019, 07:38
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2019, 07:38
Feb 25, 2019, 07:38

Spektr wrote on Feb 25, 2019, 05:27:
Devotion is so high in the list.... the other games have been around for ever or been promoted everywhere. First time I've heard about this one.

Yeah I was surprised too and looked it up. Apparently it got a lot of attention due to Twitch and some meme.

Feb 25, 2019, 05:27
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2019, 05:27
Feb 25, 2019, 05:27

Devotion is so high in the list.... the other games have been around for ever or been promoted everywhere. First time I've heard about this one.

Feb 25, 2019, 04:32
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2019, 04:32
Feb 25, 2019, 04:32

fawker wrote on Feb 24, 2019, 18:30:
I wonder how many of those pubg keys are people re-buying after being banned.

95%... oh i got caught cheating, let me create a new account and cheat again, and again, and again, and again, and again.......................... do you get it?????
this is how pieces of shit make money.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2019, 05:07.

Feb 25, 2019, 02:39
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 25, 2019, 02:39
Feb 25, 2019, 02:39

I wonder how Fortnight compares to the Steam total sales of every game every month. Higher user-base but unsure how many of them spend money.

All these clients piss me off but Steam needs a good scare to keep them honest.

Although I'm biased as fuck as I just got my first win in Apex and very little compares with it, borderline heart attack here. (With 1 kill, carried hard by two "John Wicks" as I refer to them) but damn that game is fiiiiiine. Though it's not Titanfall 2 which it encouraged me to replay, other than a few suspect encounters that game is still fucking phenomenal. It's the kind of Shooter campaign that probably gets other devs to cancel theirs it's so good.

Feb 24, 2019, 20:46
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 24, 2019, 20:46
Feb 24, 2019, 20:46

Yeah. Metro is also all over the gaming press and -most importantly nowadays- social media like Twitch and YouTube. There is no black hole.

There is actually not even a black Metro hole on Steam because many early bird preorderers *do* own the game on Steam. It has been getting great reviews on Steam, too.

Not everyone is a Steam elitist whose gaming horizon ends at the Steam store page or the Steam charts. Many gamers aren't that limited.

I mean, there are even very strange people who buy games from the Microsoft store out of all places. Ya get that? The M i c r o s o f t store! Bwaaaaahahahahahahahaha...

Feb 24, 2019, 20:24
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 24, 2019, 20:24
Feb 24, 2019, 20:24

Quinn wrote on Feb 24, 2019, 18:28:
How high would Metro Exodus sit if it wasn't Epic Store exclusive? No matter what people think of the matter, it's rather obvious that the game was immediately sucked into a black hole the moment it was released, and it seems like it will float there for a year and come back as old news once it gets on Steam. Sad, because the reviews are pretty good.
What's this black hole you speak of.

Anyone who wanted the game has bought it and besides that it's available on 3 platforms (PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Microsoft Windows)
That must be some black hole. Wink

It's not like there is a lack of info on how to purchase it or that it is an Epic Store exclusive. Reviews are great, people here who have played it say they like it.
The very few grumbly grouses who cringe at the thought of fragmenting their gaming library or are holding off on "principle" are fooling themselves.
- At this point, Windows is the OS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. -
Burrito of Peace

Feb 24, 2019, 18:30
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 24, 2019, 18:30
Feb 24, 2019, 18:30

I wonder how many of those pubg keys are people re-buying after being banned.

Feb 24, 2019, 18:28
Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 24, 2019, 18:28
Feb 24, 2019, 18:28

How high would Metro Exodus sit if it wasn't Epic Store exclusive? No matter what people think of the matter, it's rather obvious that the game was immediately sucked into a black hole the moment it was released, and it seems like it will float there for a year and come back as old news once it gets on Steam. Sad, because the reviews are pretty good.
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older