Anthem Roadmap

There's an outline of current and upcoming changes for Anthem on Reddit outlining plans for a client patch as well as some fixes they've been able to implement on the server side. There's also an Anthem Acts and Updates Page from EA, offering a roadmap of what to expect from BioWare's new action/RPG over the next 90 days. They break this down month-by-month, saying: "The world of Anthem is a dangerous place. Chaotic. Unpredictable. A world left unfinished and abandoned by the gods. As a freelancer, you are one of the elite few chosen to fight against the chaos. To wield the power of your javelin and bring order to the madness." This was announced in the BioWare Blog where they announce the game's live service is now, well, live. Here's a bit on how they see things:
Coming off our Early Access period, we understand that we have lots of work ahead of us to continue to improve the game. As a Live Service team, a core tenet for us is listening hard to the community. We use that insight to fix issues and make Quality of Life fixes to the game. Our most recent patch – the one you are playing now — reflects your feedback. You can see the list of changes here. Many came from listening to you. Beyond that, we have a growing list of improvements we’re evaluating for the future. You’ll start seeing the next of those this coming week.

While launch is our most significant step yet, it is also just the first of many in fulfilling our long-term vision for the game.

I look at today from two perspectives. As a gamer, I’m excited by what we’ve created with Anthem and the promise it carries for a long future behind the game’s lush world, immersive lore, rich characters, and core gameplay. As a developer, I know we’ve worked hard to strike a balance of engaging BioWare story combined with fun action-gameplay and multi-player progression; I also know how much more we want to bring to the game.

Anthem’s launch represents a commitment we’re making to you: we’re just getting started.

We shared a preview of our Live Service calendar 2 weeks ago. Today, I’m excited to share our first 90-day roadmap. It includes more insight on what we are planning for the game and the community. We’ll be talking in more detail about this roadmap in upcoming streams and social media.

We also commit to sharing updates with you frequently and consistently. I look forward to hearing more of your feedback on our plans and the game overall.

I’ll close by welcoming you to the game and thanking you for your support and feedback thus far. This is just the start of a rich Live Service we’ll be creating together. See you in game.
View : : :
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Anthem Roadmap
Feb 24, 2019, 10:57
Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 24, 2019, 10:57
Feb 24, 2019, 10:57

Kxmode wrote on Feb 22, 2019, 18:29:
Games-as-a-Service confirmation

Games as a service is a good philosophy. You should release a complete game, but treat it as a service after release. Proper support extends the life of your game.

This is just the AAA publishers being the greedy shitheads they always are. They release a half-finished game and then patch it up. Without the games as a service philosophy they would have still released a bad, half-finished game.

Feb 24, 2019, 08:45
Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 24, 2019, 08:45
Feb 24, 2019, 08:45

I don't know how you would consider this a diamond in the rough. It needs so much redone and added that its kind of staggering.

Things that are fun:

- Flying
- Abilities

Things that aren't fun:

- Loading screens
- Tarsis
- Loot (in a looter shooter)
- Shooting mechanics are boring and gun variety is terrible
- Story/characters
- Repetitive mission designs (horde mode and collection ad nauseum)
- UI is terrible
- Multiplayer lasso effect
- Lack of ping, text chat and really any social tools
- Putting your inventory behind loading screens outside of missions
- Lack of end game content

I don't know that you can polish this, it will likely need to be a major ground up effort to get it where it needs to be. This is launching with less than half of the content of Destiny 1, more bugs and even less polish. It's mind boggling what a shitty state they launched this in and frankly a bit insulting that they're charging people $60 for a barely half complete product. We've seen F2P shooters launch in a better state than this, its really bad.

I think 6 months is a rosy estimate in terms of the extra time needed, I easily see a year or more of work in store. But I agree that it was pushed out far too early and I'm genuinely worried about the future of Bioware as a result.

Feb 23, 2019, 13:20
Slick

Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 23, 2019, 13:20
Feb 23, 2019, 13:20
 Slick

The game looks like there's a real diamond in the rough, but for the moment it's just rough.

You could say it's EA's fault, but really it's the fault of just being a public company that has to keep investors happy quarter on quarter. Investors that have the memory span of a fucking goldfish mind you.

They obviously needed a title for this quarter, so they pushed it out the door when it needed at least another 6 months of TLC.

I learned my lesson from SWBF2, that game is almost all diamond now, very little rough, but it took over a year of post-launch support to get it there. I'll wait for them to do the same with Anthem.

The underlying game looks legit fun, but it's not ready for primetime.

Anyone who owns EA stock should make their voices heard and curb this A.D.D. behaviour. ESPECIALLY if they want to do "games as a service", they need a solid product out of the gate and then build on that. Not push it out the door and figure the rest out in 6-12 months.

At least it looks like Respawn is taking the heat off of DICE this year, which should give my fav studio the time they need to make something truly good. That was the #1 complaint from JackFrags with BFV, and I agree. It released the same time as RDR2, and you can't help but wonder what game DICE could make if they were actually given a real lengthy development cycle like Rockstar, Naughty Dog, or Santa Monica Studios etc.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Feb 23, 2019, 12:21
Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 23, 2019, 12:21
Feb 23, 2019, 12:21

Jonjonz wrote on Feb 23, 2019, 06:25:
It has taken some of the biggest game Korporations to show us just how egregiously bad early access can be.

If it wasn't for the willing guinea pigs buying into early access, it wouldn't be a problem...;) Never understood the allure.
It is well known that I don't make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in something I have written, you can be confident in the fact that *I* did not write it.

Feb 23, 2019, 06:25
Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 23, 2019, 06:25
Feb 23, 2019, 06:25

It has taken some of the biggest game Korporations to show us just how egregiously bad early access can be.
"Meet the new Boss, same as the old Boss." - The Who.

Feb 23, 2019, 01:04
Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 23, 2019, 01:04
Feb 23, 2019, 01:04

EA has to go. All those execs that don't do shit are making all the bad decisions. You know how that goes.

Feb 23, 2019, 01:02
Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 23, 2019, 01:02
Feb 23, 2019, 01:02

s/Roadmap/Roadkill

Feb 23, 2019, 00:15
Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 23, 2019, 00:15
Feb 23, 2019, 00:15

Another possible roadmap... this game sucks, EA killed Bioware.
“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

Feb 22, 2019, 22:33
Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 22, 2019, 22:33
Feb 22, 2019, 22:33

Funnily "Not sucking" absent from the list.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

There are two types of computer users: Masochists and Linux users.

If you would like help or further details on a technical discussion we're having, email me at bnhelp (at sign) keepusiel.net .

Feb 22, 2019, 21:58
Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 22, 2019, 21:58
Feb 22, 2019, 21:58

Chests found in missions now have less of a chance to drop higher tiered items

Lol. Great. "We know the loot is shit, so now we've made it so that it becomes even shittier."

Feb 22, 2019, 21:55
Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 22, 2019, 21:55
Feb 22, 2019, 21:55

"Oh God, please buy it! Plleeeeaasse! We know it sucks, but EA IS GOING TO SEND US TO THE GULAG!"

Feb 22, 2019, 18:38
Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 22, 2019, 18:38
Feb 22, 2019, 18:38

Kxmode wrote on Feb 22, 2019, 18:29:

Was there any doubt? It's been this way for at least 8-10 years. Patch patch patch, day 0 patch, etc.

That said, I'm still interested in Anthem at some point down the line, many patches deep, at a discount.

Feb 22, 2019, 18:29
Kxmode

Re: Anthem Roadmap Feb 22, 2019, 18:29
Feb 22, 2019, 18:29
 Kxmode

"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older