Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Darkest Dungeon 2 Revealed

Darkest Dungeon 2 is in the works, developer Red Hook Studios reveals in an interview with PC Gamer, where they say this Roguelike RPG sequel will debut as an Early Access release. The news is accompanied by a teaser trailer called "The Howling End." Here's what's known at this time:

The studio isn't announcing many details beyond the game's existence and the teaser above, but did speak to us exclusively, saying that although Darkest Dungeon's combat system will be returning in a recognizable but "tuned-up" form, the studio is focused on creating a "completely different" structure for its metagame. Darkest Dungeon 2 will initially release in Early Access.

The teaser video above features six familiar character classes—the Grave Robber, Leper, Man-at-Arms, Plague Doctor, Highwayman, and Hellion—standing before a mountain range, indicating that Darkest Dungeon 2's setting could take your party over dangerous, snowy passes. The video is voiced by Wayne June—Red Hook confirmed to me that the voice of Darkest Dungeon will make a return along with the rest of its original audio contributors: composer Stuart Chatwood and SFX-crafters Power Up.

View
8. Re: Darkest Dungeon 2 Revealed Feb 21, 2019, 20:13 Eirikrautha

Kain wrote on Feb 20, 2019, 13:03:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 20, 2019, 12:07:
Well shit. I love the sound and graphics of Darkest Dungeon, but holy shit talk about some annoying RNG gameplay.

I'll check out the sequel and see what they've done to cater to the non-hardcore crowd, hopefully there are some more enjoyable modes.

Agreed. I'm no stranger to punishment as a challenge methodology in games but this games grind was just too much. Even in a game called Darkest Dungeon, I want to be having some sort of fun and not ending every session wishing I had played something else.

Yeah. The grind a big issue, especially since the gameplay doesn't evolve a lot. Likewise, the gameplay felt like it was based around two steps forward, one step back. I've just defeated a boss, but two of my four most experienced toons are perma-dead. The rest have 8 different phobias that I can't afford to treat. Time to start the grind all over again.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 20, 10:27 Re: Darkest Dungeon 2 Revealed rist3903
  2. Feb 20, 11:51  Re: Darkest Dungeon 2 Revealed Fion
  3. Feb 20, 12:07   Re: Darkest Dungeon 2 Revealed MoreLuckThanSkill
  6. Feb 20, 13:03    Re: Darkest Dungeon 2 Revealed Kain
>> 8. Feb 21, 20:13     Re: Darkest Dungeon 2 Revealed Eirikrautha
  4. Feb 20, 12:37 Re: Darkest Dungeon 2 Revealed Pineapple Ferguson
  5. Feb 20, 12:58 Re: Darkest Dungeon 2 Revealed jdreyer
  7. Feb 20, 15:47 Re: Darkest Dungeon 2 Revealed Muscular Beaver

footer

Blue's News logo