Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Metro Exodus Released

Metro Exodus is now available through the Epic Games Store, offering the newest installment in 4A Games' post-apocalyptic shooter series. This post offers a summary of what's included in a day one patch supporting the release. Here we have the official launch trailer and here's the official description:

Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.

Flee the shattered ruins of dead Moscow and embark on an epic, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in the greatest Metro adventure yet.

Explore the Russian wilderness in vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 16, 2019, 12:15 Spektr

Wow I am sure I heard the tune in the launch trailer in a zombie game, like 7 days to die or something...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 16, 2019, 04:55 Nailbender

Frijoles wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 10:23:
Posted this in another comment section:

Metro needs more patches. Game crashes/minimizes every 30 - 90 seconds. I'm on a 1080ti running it on Steam. Clicking the icon puts it back in, but that's no way to play. Audio hitches. Game stutters a bit, despite the FPS counter sitting around 80 on High. I had it on Ultra but lowered it to see if it'd fix the crashing. Motion blur can't be turned off. Game not responding from time to time. *sigh* It's a shame. It looks like the story will be good, but not with all these problems...

Yeah, I think I saw this message elsewhere as well. Just to add my own voice - I didn't encounter any of those issues, and I have a 980ti, so my rig is probably older than yours. However, I didn't pre-order it from Steam: at a whim, I bought it on the Epic store yesterday (launcher and all). Played it for a couple of hours, no such issues. The game is nice so far, not yet everything it promises to be, but I barely scratched the surface.

20. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 16, 2019, 04:42 Slick

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 18:27:
I don't know why y'all keep buying public betas on release day.

Yeah, unless it's something that I'm just really hyped to be in the first wave for, I don't do this anymore.

That being said, it is a small miracle that Apex Legends managed to launch out of the blue and scale up to 2 million concurrent players in 1 week with practically zero issues. Truly an achievement.

The Division 2 private beta was a shit show, disconnecting every 15 minutes, server queues, lots of bugs

Anthem both betas/demos were shit shows with tons of disconnects.

And now Metro sounds like it wasn't quite ready for primetime either, and it isn't even a multiplayer game!

This will be the year of Respawn, mark my words, they have some more good stuff cooking

A 'leet militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear virtual arms shall not be infringed! -Cutter

19. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 22:20 MeanJim

WaltC wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 15:22:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 12:27:

May or may not apply, but Windows 8/8.1/10 handles restarts and "shutdown/turn ons" differently than previous versions of Windows.
Windows 8/8.1/10 has a quick start feature that uses a hybrid hibernation file. This file can corrupt over time causing a myriad of issues. A shutdown does not delete and rebuild that file.
That is why a restart takes longer, it's not using the previous "quick start" file, instead it is creating a new one.

This boils down to two simple issues easily remedied in Win10--hibernation (which I always turn off by admin command prompt: powercfg -h off) and "fast startup" under Win10 Power Options, which I also turn off (Win10: Power Options/Choose What the Power button does/Change settings that are currently unavailable.

Both of these options are designed for laptops and sleep mode, etc.--neither of which I use on my gaming desktops as there is little to no value in using them with that hardware. Actually, simply turning hibernation off will automatically disable fast startup, which is 100% dependent on hibernation being ON. But if you want to see the option, then leave/turn hibernation on (powercfg -h on) and go here: Power Options/Choose What the Power button does/Change settings that are currently unavailable--and you will see the "fast startup option." and the hibernation option. You can disable it there or do it from an Admin command Prompt as I've illustrated.

I don't recommend hibernation ON for anyone with a desktop--especially a gaming desktop. Fortunately, it is very easy to turn all of that off in about two seconds with the Admin Command Prompt powercfg -h off ...;) The command is permanent, and will leave hibernation turned off through subsequent reboots until you elect to turn it back on for some reason. I never have..;)

Ever since Windows 7, I only reboot once a month for updates. I put my system in hybrid sleep mode every night or when I'm not at home. I like having my system power up instantly with everything exactly the way I left it, and I have never had any issues with any games. I do disable fast boot though because when I do shutdown or reboot, I want it to actually shutdown or reboot.

The Friday or Saturday after patch Tuesday, I apply Windows updates, reboot, then any driver updates, reboot again and I'm good for another month.

MeanJim on Steam

18. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 22:14 Primalchrome

Thanks RedEye.....very odd. When I copypasta'd Darks earlier today it gave me multiple results. I'm sure it was user error on my part. Apologies for wasting your time.  

17. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 19:03 RedEye9

Primalchrome wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 18:31:
Darks wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 12:21:
Yea, he does not have a lot of people watching, so go and support our local Elf!
Hey Darks, can you drop a link or note his StreamerID? There are a *lot* of half elves on Twitch. LOL
He did, it's The_Half_Elf

here's the https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”

16. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 18:31 Primalchrome

Yea, he does not have a lot of people watching, so go and support our local Elf!
Hey Darks, can you drop a link or note his StreamerID? There are a *lot* of half elves on Twitch. LOL

15. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 18:27 CJ_Parker

I don't know why y'all keep buying public betas on release day. The first two Metro games weren't exactly polished on release either.
A buggy release is to be expected from an Eastern European dev, too. They pretty much all release games in a state that has become known as "euro jank".

CD Projekt have even made a business model out of it by convincing people that patching a buggy as fuck release to "enhanced edition" status (actually version 1.0) is an awesome service.

Oh well. At the end of the day it is your money and your shitty gaming experience and ultimately your choice to support this practice by preordering or buying games on release day. Just don't cry too loud, please!

14. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 15:22 WaltC

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 12:27:

May or may not apply, but Windows 8/8.1/10 handles restarts and "shutdown/turn ons" differently than previous versions of Windows.
Windows 8/8.1/10 has a quick start feature that uses a hybrid hibernation file. This file can corrupt over time causing a myriad of issues. A shutdown does not delete and rebuild that file.
That is why a restart takes longer, it's not using the previous "quick start" file, instead it is creating a new one.

This boils down to two simple issues easily remedied in Win10--hibernation (which I always turn off by admin command prompt: powercfg -h off) and "fast startup" under Win10 Power Options, which I also turn off (Win10: Power Options/Choose What the Power button does/Change settings that are currently unavailable.

Both of these options are designed for laptops and sleep mode, etc.--neither of which I use on my gaming desktops as there is little to no value in using them with that hardware. Actually, simply turning hibernation off will automatically disable fast startup, which is 100% dependent on hibernation being ON. But if you want to see the option, then leave/turn hibernation on (powercfg -h on) and go here: Power Options/Choose What the Power button does/Change settings that are currently unavailable--and you will see the "fast startup option." and the hibernation option. You can disable it there or do it from an Admin command Prompt as I've illustrated.

I don't recommend hibernation ON for anyone with a desktop--especially a gaming desktop. Fortunately, it is very easy to turn all of that off in about two seconds with the Admin Command Prompt powercfg -h off ...;) The command is permanent, and will leave hibernation turned off through subsequent reboots until you elect to turn it back on for some reason. I never have..;)

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

13. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 13:35 RedEye9

https://techsupport.metrothegame.com/
https://www.metrothegame.com/it/notizie/patch-notes-summary/

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”

12. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 12:53 RedEye9

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 11:54:
Looks like your not the only one having issues. CohhCarnage on Twitch is still trying to get the game running without constant stutters.This on a 10 thousand dollar PC mind you.
He may have a 10k computer but he does not have 10 cents worth of computer tech savvy. A reboot fixed his problem, but hey, he made money streaming for 3 hours with his faux issue.

11. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 12:47 VaranDragon

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 11:52:
Darks wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 10:58:
Blues? You know Anthem is also live today too right? For Those who have a Premier Account active.

In fact, HalfElf is now streaming the game live on Twitch.

Look up The_Half_Elf

HalfElf is a streamer?

Okay....

Yeah doing that right now!

10. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 12:39 Frijoles

necrosis wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 12:29:
And because one person has problems everyone will. /s

I kinda wonder if it's the crash issue other users are talking about (I have the same card). It's easy to see it as a crash since the system locks up, but you can get it back with control-alt-delete and then clicking the icon again. At any rate, I'm not too worried. I'll try again just before the 2 week time period is up. If it still has problems, I'll just refund it. Think I've only got 45 minutes or so played.

9. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 12:29 necrosis

Metro needs more patches. Game crashes/minimizes every 30 - 90 seconds. I'm on a 1080ti running it on Steam. Clicking the icon puts it back in, but that's no way to play. Audio hitches. Game stutters a bit, despite the FPS counter sitting around 80 on High. I had it on Ultra but lowered it to see if it'd fix the crashing. Motion blur can't be turned off. Game not responding from time to time. *sigh* It's a shame. It looks like the story will be good, but not with all these problems.

Also, I pre-ordered it on Steam when it first showed up since I loved the previous two games. I think I'll have to set it aside for a bit (a year maybe, who knows) while they fix bugs.
And because one person has problems everyone will. /s

8. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 12:27 RedEye9

Frijoles wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 11:15:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 11:01:
I read that you need to restart the game after changing graphics settings.
I'd also restart the computer at !east once while troubleshooting.

I haven't tried after a complete reboot, but I definitely restarted the game a few times. I'll have a look at the link. I could probably live with the stuttering, but the constant minimizing (and requiring control-alt-delete to get the mouse back) is another story.
I understand.
Yeah, definitely try a computer reboot.*** If you're still having issues that sucks but it is a new game. I bet they are taking error reports and looking into fixes/patches as soon as they can.

Want proof;
Check your kernal uptime to see the last time a restart was performed. Press [Ctrl]
  • Alt]
  • Del] and open the Task Manager>>Performance; Up Time. (or Right-click the Taskbar and click on Task Manager or Use the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keyboard shortcut.)

This shows the time since your system's last restart and coincidentally the age of the hybrid-quick start file. (shutting down and turning back on does not clear the kernal uptime timer nor does it rebuild the hybrid quick start file.)

Restarting fixes a lot of weird issues with Windows 10 and Windows 8/8.1 and can also fix weird shit in Windows 7 even though 7 does not suffer from hybrid quick start file corruption.

I recommend restarting once a week for trouble free computing. ymmv

•  

7. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 12:21 Darks

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 11:52:
    Blues? You know Anthem is also live today too right? For Those who have a Premier Account active.

Look up The_Half_Elf

HalfElf is a streamer?

Okay....

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

6. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 11:54 xXStellarDadXx

Metro needs more patches. Game crashes/minimizes every 30 - 90 seconds. I'm on a 1080ti running it on Steam. Clicking the icon puts it back in, but that's no way to play. Audio hitches. Game stutters a bit, despite the FPS counter sitting around 80 on High. I had it on Ultra but lowered it to see if it'd fix the crashing. Motion blur can't be turned off. Game not responding from time to time. *sigh* It's a shame. It looks like the story will be good, but not with all these problems.

Also, I pre-ordered it on Steam when it first showed up since I loved the previous two games. I think I'll have to set it aside for a bit (a year maybe, who knows) while they fix bugs.

Looks like your not the only one having issues. CohhCarnage on Twitch is still trying to get the game running without constant stutters.This on a 10 thousand dollar PC mind you. https://clips.twitch.tv/BloodyRefinedDillSMOrc

I love Fortnite..keeps thy little kids out of thy good games...

5. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 11:52 VaranDragon

Look up The_Half_Elf

HalfElf is a streamer?

Okay....

4. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 11:15 Frijoles

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 11:01:

I haven't tried after a complete reboot, but I definitely restarted the game a few times. I'll have a look at the link. I could probably live with the stuttering, but the constant minimizing (and requiring control-alt-delete to get the mouse back) is another story.

3. Re: Metro Exodus Released Feb 15, 2019, 11:01 RedEye9

also follow the discussion link after this post;
    https://www.hardocp.com/news/2019/02/15/metro_exodus_has_stuttering_issues/
    something Steve @ GN sort of brought up in his performance review that some weird things happened if you changed any resolution/quality settings without restarting the game after doing it

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 2019, 11:12.

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo