Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm Gathers

2K and Firaxis Games announce that Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm for Windows, macOS, and Linux is now available on Steam, offering the second round of DLC for the turn-based strategy sequel. This requires ownership of the base Civilization VI as well as a desire to play just one more turn. If you want to see this in action, head over to the Sid Meier's Civilization YouTube Channel, where they've posted no fewer than nine new videos on various aspects of the add-on. Here are some details:
In Gathering Storm, the second expansion to Civilization VI, the world around you is more alive than ever before.

Chart a path to victory for your people by developing new advanced technologies and engineering projects and negotiating with the global community in the World Congress on critical issues.

The choices you make in the game will influence the world ecosystem and could impact the future of the entire planet. Natural disasters like floods, storms, and volcanoes can pillage or destroy your Improvements and Districts – but they may also refresh and enrich the lands after they pass.

In addition to these new systems, Civilization VI: Gathering Storm introduces eight new civilizations and nine new leaders. Seven new world wonders can be constructed, as well as a variety of new units, districts, buildings, and improvements.
View : : :

Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm Gathers
Feb 15, 2019, 07:46
Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm Gathers Feb 15, 2019, 07:46
Feb 15, 2019, 07:46

jdreyer wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 02:00:
Flatline wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 11:46:
My main problem with Civ expansions is that so many of them add late game stuff, and like, that's maybe 10% of a normal game.

Also, I think I'm finally done with Civ. Civ 6 was pretty boring to me.

My main problem with Civ expansions is that so many of them add core mechanics that should have been in the initial release.

I'm not saying you are wrong to feel that way, but given that despite being very profitable there are very few decent clones of CIV, I'm guessing what you feel entitled to is actually very difficult to do in a core release and put off for that reason as opposed to greedy developer decisions. Keeping the scope tight probably helps get them out the door more than once a decade. Also trade and espionage are almost always garbage when they finally do add them.

CIV is complex. And very easy to do wrong. Numbered entries cannot be justified with new graphics alone, they change stuff to see if it helps freshen up the formula or solve longstanding issues with the design.

That said Alpha Centauri seemed to have every system including a deformabale world with climate change, a unit designer, narrative and all sorts of other shit even before the expansion. Maybe they really just don't make them like they used to.

But you know who is really fucked? Paradox. How the fuck do they make a Crusader Kings 3 without spending 15 years refactoring all the CK2 content into it before release?
Date
Subject
Author
Feb 15, 2019Feb 15 2019
  Re: Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Gathering Storm Gathers