Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Metro Exodus Reviews

View
66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

66. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 15, 2019, 15:58 Muscular Beaver

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 10:28:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 05:16:
I hope you did that because the 1070 died. Otherwise it makes little sense.

I hope you are able to learn something here, if your pride will allow. You have concluded only possible reasonable explanation off the cuff. The next poster came up with another, money to burn and well neither are the reason, the reason is I maintain 4 gaming pc's. It's not like dad is the only one allowed...

1070>2060
1060>1070
960>1060
760>960
Sitting on a 760 as a backup

Imo it's thrifty, with $350 I made solid changes to systems, got the free game and still got the girl.

We've all been jabbing away for years here and we are all still treated like we don't get gaming.
For less VRAM (more stutters) and only a 10 to 15% gain in FPS, which you probably would have gained through overclocking anyway.

Thats what I mean with little sense. Doesnt matter at all how many PCs you have. But you mentioning it shows how your logic works.

Sick of waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

65. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 15, 2019, 10:28 HorrorScope

I hope you are able to learn something here, if your pride will allow. You have concluded only possible reasonable explanation off the cuff. The next poster came up with another, money to burn and well neither are the reason, the reason is I maintain 4 gaming pc's. It's not like dad is the only one allowed...

1070>2060
1060>1070
960>1060
760>960
Sitting on a 760 as a backup

Imo it's thrifty, with $350 I made solid changes to systems, got the free game and still got the girl.

We've all been jabbing away for years here and we are all still treated like we don't get gaming.

64. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 15, 2019, 10:21 RedEye9

Some people have money to burn, let them burn it.

I myself would never upgrade for anything less than a 25% increase, to each his own. My next build will feature a 45% performance increase from my current system.

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”

63. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 15, 2019, 05:16 Muscular Beaver

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 01:30:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 20:47:
HorrorScope wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 12:42:
Qbex . wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 02:51:
Wow , those dlss screenshots looks blurry af, what a let down and another proof to never believe PR hype. First- crippling DXR performance for marginal iq improvements, now- DLSS that upscale from low res like a pleb 300$ shitbox. All this for a 1500+ A$. What a joke.
I think I'll keep my 1080ti for a while longer...

Right so far underwhelming, however in my case I bought a new 2060 because of basic performance increases and anything else would have been gravy. What I'm getting at is the 20x0 cards aren't all about the new features and the basic DX9-12 games see now performance improvements, we are seeing improvements and they've been fair bumps this gen, not 10x0 levels but then not the low levels of the 9x0's.
Performance increase? What did you have before? A 3 GB 1060?
Actually, even then, you should have bought a 1070 Ti instead.

1070. 2060 is faster overall than a 1070 and 1070ti, sometimes hits a 1080. No I'm happy with the 2060 of the 1070ti, it was cheaper new as well.

Sick of waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

62. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 15, 2019, 01:30 HorrorScope

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 20:47:
Wow , those dlss screenshots looks blurry af, what a let down and another proof to never believe PR hype. First- crippling DXR performance for marginal iq improvements, now- DLSS that upscale from low res like a pleb 300$ shitbox. All this for a 1500+ A$. What a joke.

Right so far underwhelming, however in my case I bought a new 2060 because of basic performance increases and anything else would have been gravy. What I'm getting at is the 20x0 cards aren't all about the new features and the basic DX9-12 games see now performance improvements, we are seeing improvements and they've been fair bumps this gen, not 10x0 levels but then not the low levels of the 9x0's.

1070. 2060 is faster overall than a 1070 and 1070ti, sometimes hits a 1080. No I'm happy with the 2060 of the 1070ti, it was cheaper new as well.

61. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 15, 2019, 00:04 Kxmode

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 22:45:
I am sorry, but your idea/memory of the real world is pretty bad. This looks nowhere near real.

Agree to disagree.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

60. Re: Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 22:45 Muscular Beaver

Kxmode wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 21:45:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 05:01:
RTX On #1
That is incredible realism for you?

This room is small relative to the abundant light source coming from the windows. The light will realistically focalize to the table and people while leaving the rest of the room is realistic shadows. In other words, the table and the walls do not have a high reflective material thus ending the ray-tracing diffusing early.

Or this:
RTX On #2
Look at the guitar and the corner its in.

The room here has more light sources and the lighting projects off objects filling most of the room with ambient lighting like in real life. The room with the guitar in it receives some of the ray-tracing information but is still in the "shade."

Here are more examples of RTX real-time ray-tracing.

Think of the word "blanket." Ray-tracing helps to blanket a scene in light realistically, and where ray-tracing doesn't reach natural shadows form.

The issue here is we're all conditioned to see the light and shadow in video games based on where a skilled developer has artificially placed it. We're not used to seeing technology render lighting in the way it naturally works. For me, right away, I got it. And I'm moving to RTX the moment I can afford it.

I am sorry, but your idea/memory of the real world is pretty bad. This looks nowhere near real. I have a room like that and the only time it would be like that would be when its night and theres a car outside shining its headlights right into it.
Granted, the ones without RTX dont either, but going from one extreme to the other really doesnt help getting closer to reality.

59. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 21:45 Kxmode

RTX On #1
That is incredible realism for you?

This room is small relative to the abundant light source coming from the windows. The light will realistically focalize to the table and people while leaving the rest of the room is realistic shadows. In other words, the table and the walls do not have a high reflective material thus ending the ray-tracing diffusing early.

Or this:
RTX On #2
Look at the guitar and the corner its in.

The room here has more light sources and the lighting projects off objects filling most of the room with ambient lighting like in real life. The room with the guitar in it receives some of the ray-tracing information but is still in the "shade."

Here are more examples of RTX real-time ray-tracing.

Think of the word "blanket." Ray-tracing helps to blanket a scene in light realistically, and where ray-tracing doesn't reach natural shadows form.

The issue here is we're all conditioned to see the light and shadow in video games based on where a skilled developer has artificially placed it. We're not used to seeing technology render lighting in the way it naturally works. For me, right away, I got it. And I'm moving to RTX the moment I can afford it.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

58. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 20:47 Muscular Beaver

57. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 18:35 ventry

The reviews look good (personal and professional).
I'm in.

56. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 17:40 Quinn

For those on the fence about Anthem, like myself, here's what a friend and I did:

We bought the Destiny 2 Forsaken DLC instead, to scratch that co-op shooter edge. That DLC includes the 2 earlier DLCs. We are having a great time.

We decided to do this because we were both very disappointed by the Anthem demo -- there seems to be too little of a game at its current state to warrant the buy and time investment. The same could have been said for Destiny 2, but with all the DLCs we feel like it's finally a good game and while playing this we wait for Anthem to drop in price and get good.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

55. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 17:14 Beamer

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 16:43:
Beamer wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 11:05:
Creston wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 10:56:
Exodus comes out tomorrow, plenty of reviews available. Far Cry 5 In Pink comes out tomorrow, plenty of reviews available.

Anthem comes out tomorrow... *crickets*

Good old EA.

It's almost entirely multiplayer, right? There are never really reviews on those prior to launch. Not anymore. It's impossible to evaluate a multiplayer game when it's either in beta or just in press preview. It's pretty much irresponsible to do so.

Which doesn't mean it isn't a bad game, but I wouldn't expect any reviews at launch, and wouldn't trust any reviews at launch.

It's not Battlefield or COD, it's a story-driven co-op game that is also supposed to be able to be played entirely by yourself. There's no reason why it couldn't be reviewed before release. Though as mentioned, the early access period means there will be plenty of real-world impressions soon, before the official launch date.

It also had an open beta, so there's no reason to embargo until launch.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

54. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 16:43 jacobvandy

Beamer wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 11:05:
Exodus comes out tomorrow, plenty of reviews available. Far Cry 5 In Pink comes out tomorrow, plenty of reviews available.

Good old EA.

It's almost entirely multiplayer, right? There are never really reviews on those prior to launch. Not anymore. It's impossible to evaluate a multiplayer game when it's either in beta or just in press preview. It's pretty much irresponsible to do so.

Which doesn't mean it isn't a bad game, but I wouldn't expect any reviews at launch, and wouldn't trust any reviews at launch.

It's not Battlefield or COD, it's a story-driven co-op game that is also supposed to be able to be played entirely by yourself. There's no reason why it couldn't be reviewed before release. Though as mentioned, the early access period means there will be plenty of real-world impressions soon, before the official launch date.

53. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 15:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 12:44:
Anthem comes out tomorrow... *crickets* Good old EA.

Tomorrow for only those that subscribe to access, those that pre-ordered or want to own the game, they have to wait and that is why the official release is next Friday.

Was going to say this; basically thanks from me to those people who use Origin's Access thing, and have tacitly agreed to beta test Anthem for another week before I could possibly get it.

Although to be fair I may wait a few months, we'll see how these reviews go the next week or so.

52. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 12:44 HorrorScope

Anthem comes out tomorrow... *crickets* Good old EA.

Tomorrow for only those that subscribe to access, those that pre-ordered or want to own the game, they have to wait and that is why the official release is next Friday.

51. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 12:42 HorrorScope

50. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 12:13 eRe4s3r

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 10:18:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 09:09:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 08:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 14, 2019, 04:39:
In a year from now, performance will be better
Is that Krystal ball available on Amazon?

No Denuvo = better performance, DUH
Just because it's coming to "the steam" does not guarantee they'll strip denuvo, but you knew that.

A couple more things, Does that Krystal ball come with a teak finish or black lacquer stand and can it replace my Palantir.

It comes on a chromed stand formed like a nymph from the Nibelung Saga so that you can see your fabulous self in the reflections of various manly and womanly curves, obviously. ^^

By the way, obviously I am waiting for the GOG release

49. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 11:05 Beamer

Good old EA.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

48. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 11:01 CJ_Parker

Ray-tracing looks awesome and I'm sure they can fix the few problematic areas. Same for DLSS. With new drivers and better training the blurry shit will certainly be fixed.

I'm looking forward to playing the Redux version in full RTX/DLSS glory in a couple of years. I can wait. Technical mumbo-jumbo aside, it seems like the game has some annoying gameplay issues that will hopefully get addressed when they do their Redux overhaul and release the real v1.0. Until then... have fun with the public beta, everyone!

47. Re: Metro Exodus Reviews Feb 14, 2019, 10:56 Creston

Good old EA.

66 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo