Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
[Blammo! - an error occurred while processing this directive: Unable to open /data/www/bluesnews.com/inserts/bluesCollapseButton.html : No such file or directory]
[Blammo! - an error occurred while processing this directive: Unable to open /data/www/bluesnews.com/inserts/bluesCollapse-blammo.shtml : No such file or directory]
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

RAGE 2 Trailer

Bethesda Softworks offers a new trailer for RAGE 2, showing off over nine minutes of pre-beta gameplay from the upcoming first-person shooting and driving sequel. Here's word on the trailer and release plans for the game, including details on preorder incentives:

A lethal dance-off for a sweet new ability, a high-flying trip over a hostile open world, a fight against a very angry man in a mech suit… RAGE 2 has it all in this brand new extended gameplay video. Don’t miss the ending for a sneak peek at what’s coming next!

RAGE 2 will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on May 14, 2019.

Pre-order to receive the exclusive Cult of the Death God mission and don Nicholas Raine’s legendary armor and Settler Pistol. The RAGE 2 Collector’s Edition is also available for pre-order.

Get the full breakdown of all the included goodies on RAGE.com

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 18, 2019, 02:31 Sepharo

jdreyer wrote on Feb 17, 2019, 13:39:
Was it me, or did the player feel overpowered? Not even the mech gave him too much trouble.

I feel that way about all SP FPS.
And if they do have a harder difficulty it's just that you have less health or the enemies have more etc.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 17, 2019, 13:39 jdreyer

Was it me, or did the player feel overpowered? Not even the mech gave him too much trouble.  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

24. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 17, 2019, 13:37 jdreyer

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 22:50:
People keep saying Borderlands... this game isn't supposed to have a ton of weapon drops, right? More like a standard assortment of weapons + powers/tech?

I mean, it'd be cool to have a ton of weapons to choose from, but as far as I know they aren't going for that.

Felt like BL from an atmosphere and enemies perspective.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

23. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 15, 2019, 10:15 Beamer

edaciousx wrote on Feb 15, 2019, 01:20:
gaming has gotten boring these days.

Sounds kind of like a "you" problem, as I think most here probably think there are some incredible games out there.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

22. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 15, 2019, 01:20 edaciousx

well i'm happy id is producing games, unfortunately it looks like they've become big budget/rehash the same ideas over and over a la cod style. It looks like they took doom 2 and merged it w/ rage, which might be okay i suppose.

rage 1 was boring. I'll wait for the real reviews on rage 2. gaming has gotten boring these days.

21. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 22:50 MoreLuckThanSkill

People keep saying Borderlands... this game isn't supposed to have a ton of weapon drops, right? More like a standard assortment of weapons + powers/tech?

I mean, it'd be cool to have a ton of weapons to choose from, but as far as I know they aren't going for that.

20. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 20:37 Jivaro

Loved Rage, but extremely cynical about everything Bethesda at the moment. Probably going to wait until a decent sale.

Hard to justify day one or even week one purchases anymore..the backlog is just too long and the devs/pubs are just not being very good about release quality.

19. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 19:20 Avus

It feels like Borderland without cell-shading.  

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

18. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 18:55 Tipsy McStagger

SMITE wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 13:37:
Tipsy McStagger wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 12:25:
Rage had one of the shittiest endings I can remember.. I'll wait for reviews on this one.

What WAS the ending? Never finished it.

The way I remember it, you're fighting a bunch of guys in this core facility down hallways and then you touch this giant orb and it ends with giant drill vaults surfacing.. It's even worse than the G-man cliffhanger..

I said "THAT"S IT?" and thought i was maybe 50% done the game. It was bad.

17. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 18:34 Dacron

Mad max, Destiny, and Borderlands... all rolled into one.  
Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

16. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 18:02 ventry

Nice!!
If the reviews are good I'm in.

15. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 17:13 Desalus

The game definitely looks like a ton of fun. As long as the reviews aren't terrible I'll be buying this upon release (which is rare for me). Unfortunately it will mean downloading yet another game distribution client, but the positives outweigh the negatives in this case. I've already got Steam, Origin, Epic, Uplay, Twitch, GoG, and Windows Store installed so I'll just add Bethesda's shit to that list.  

14. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 17:12 Wesp5

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 14:04:
You push some buttons in a room with a handful of trash mobs jumping around at you, then the really short cutscene plays and ends on a cliffhanger. I wonder if they're even continuing that with this sequel, or if the whole "story" from the first was scrapped entirely.

The Rage 1 ending wouldn't have been too bad, if there would have been an immediate sequel to continue where it left off. But now it seems to me that Rage 2 completely ignores Rage 1's story and just reboots the setting and uses the name. Like the Star Wars sequels that are no real sequels, but just pushed some quick buttons to undo everything from the old movies so they can basically copy them without need for new original ideas...

13. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 15:49 Creston

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 12:30:
May 14th, eh? What's the downside here, this is only on Bethesda's store/client, it has Denuvo, what?

I'd say the first is probably a certainty. The second, who knows...

But yeah, this is an excellent trailer. It looks very fun.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2019, 16:01.

12. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 15:08 Alamar

Holy shit... All those ridiculously stupid ads turned me off paying attention to anything RAGE 2 related... But I love me some mobility... Looking interesting.  

11. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 14:37 Acleacius

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 13:03:
Rage had one of the shittiest endings I can remember..
Bummer
I've attempted the game 3 time w/out finishing it. I guess my 4th attempt will never happen.
Maybe the new one will be worth a complete playthrough.
The way I remember, the last 1/4 of the game was all repetitive corridors, then the final cutscene. Iirc, when they made the ridiculously large 25 gig patch, it changed the ending some. Everyone still said it sucked. That patch was released about 7 years ago, before basic cable was 100 to 200 meg. So it was a typical id Middlefinger to all the customers.

No wonder they hired Avalanche to do it.

“It’s a sad day for America when people believe women,” The Drumpf

10. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 14:13 Nullity

Still can't believe this game doesn't support co-op - it's the perfect co-op game.  

9. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 14:04 jacobvandy

SMITE wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 13:37:

It really did seem like they ran out of time or budget. IIRC it was this underground bunker or something you go into, you're killing a bunch of enemies and along the way you find this humongous cannon weapon that is clearly their homage to the BFG. So you're thinking, oh cool, it's ramping up for the badass end boss fight! But nope... You push some buttons in a room with a handful of trash mobs jumping around at you, then the really short cutscene plays and ends on a cliffhanger. I wonder if they're even continuing that with this sequel, or if the whole "story" from the first was scrapped entirely.

8. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 13:37 SMITE

Rage had one of the shittiest endings I can remember.. I'll wait for reviews on this one.

Thing that bugged me was the stupid color filter they put over different environments. Okay, let's tint this entire area GREEN! And the next level, uh ... PURPLE! It'll look really cool!

It really was that dumb. No subtlety or sense at all. Someone made a color correction mod and it made the game look SO much better. Couldn't play without it.

7. Re: RAGE 2 Trailer Feb 12, 2019, 13:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 13:03:
Rage had one of the shittiest endings I can remember..
Bummer
I've attempted the game 3 time w/out finishing it. I guess my 4th attempt will never happen.
Maybe the new one will be worth a complete playthrough.

I'd say you really don't need to try to force yourself to finish Rage. I did, and I can't even remember the ending right now aside from being let down. It was generic and out of place with the rest of the game, and a bit of a cliffhanger? It definitely didn't stand out as worth my time at all.

Rage 1 had mediocre gunplay, okay driving, a relatively small world and a vaguely generic plotline.

tl,dr: Rage 1 was one of the games I forced myself to finish, and immediately uninstalled, unsatisfied.

You can probably find the ending video on youtube anyway.

All that said, don't let it dissuade you from Rage 2 hype, so far the game looks awesome.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >