Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Well, the local weather called for winter nastiness, and this does not look like a false alarm, as the snow has already started falling out there. This is called Winter Storm Maya, so I guess we should be thankful this didn't show up in 2012 and end the world. As it is, this doesn't seem like a snowpocalypse on any level. But they are calling for one to three inches of snow and ice followed by freezing rain, so road conditions will probably be pretty bad. Please take care and stay safe if you are in the affected areas.

Wintery Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: All the sad young literary fakes. Thanks Boing Boing.
Stories: Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are reportedly working on a new Star Wars trilogy.
Fox News host admits on air that he hasn't washed his hands in 10 years.
Science: Eating 'ultraprocessed' foods accelerates your risk of early death, study says. Thanks RedEye9
Plummeting insect numbers 'threaten collapse of nature.' Thanks Acleacius.
Badass Dinosaur With a 'Mohawk' of Spikes Uncovered in Patagonia. Thanks Slashdot.
Images: Westminster Dog Show Photos: Who’s a Good Dog? All of Them. Thanks Neutronbeam.
Media: I've No More F---s To Give. NSF Fing W.
Key & Peele: Competition in the Work Place.
At least it wasn't a tree. NSFW.
Follow-up: Teens With Antivax Parents Are Turning to Reddit For Advice on Getting Vaccinated.
Anti-vaxxers plan to subvert changes to vaccination laws.
Toys-R-Us Emerges with New Vision, Team & Global Strategy. Thanks LinkedIn.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2019, 08:49 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Feb 13, 2019, 00:29:
EDIT: I like Tact's take better: purposefully trolling
I'm not 100% sure, but I think he actually said as much -- something about upsetting the snowflakes...

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2019, 07:06 eRe4s3r

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 21:20:
bigspender wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 18:39:

Line this guy up with those flat earthers. We don't need people this dumb around using up our finite resources.
It was only hours before he admitted it was "a joke". A purposeful troll trying to get over-reactions...

And even then it remains funny, just think about what that would actually entail, if you cook your own food especially, lots of things need rinsing and your hands happen to be there.... so yeah ;p

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2019, 00:37 jdreyer

Retired wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 18:13:
Eating 'ultraprocessed' foods accelerates your risk of early death, study says.

Sky blue, water wet, fire hot.

Well, sure. But now we have it quantified.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2019, 00:29 jdreyer

Line this guy up with those flat earthers. We don't need people this dumb around using up our finite resources.

He was kidding. Even Fox News hosts get humor right on occasion.

EDIT: I like Tact's take better: purposefully trolling

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

14. Re: Westminster Dog Show Feb 12, 2019, 22:35 RedEye9

afka Rossini wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 14:40:
"Where are my testicles, Summer?"
That's hilarious. patiently waiting for moar R&M

I doubt they snip $how dogs.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2019, 22:30 RedEye9

1badmf wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 22:13:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 12:34:
Fucking anti-vaxxers, god damn. I can't even read the news on a gaming site without becoming furious at humanity.

Remove all religious and personal exemptions from vaccinations(True mediocal exemptions have to be allowed obviously). Don't want to vaccinate, get deported to fucking Greenland.

it's shocking how much support there is for a movement that has literally zero science and facts behind it. nevermind measles; i wanna know when did stupid become so incredibly infectious. it must be pathogen based because there's no other reason it should be this prevalent.
From Ars;
“I’ll tell you something,” she added. “They are not going to change our minds.”...

It's a scary M. Night Shyamalan catch phrase.
"I See Stupid People. They're Everywhere."

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2019, 22:13 1badmf

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 12:34:
Fucking anti-vaxxers, god damn. I can't even read the news on a gaming site without becoming furious at humanity.

Remove all religious and personal exemptions from vaccinations(True mediocal exemptions have to be allowed obviously). Don't want to vaccinate, get deported to fucking Greenland.

it's shocking how much support there is for a movement that has literally zero science and facts behind it. nevermind measles; i wanna know when did stupid become so incredibly infectious. it must be pathogen based because there's no other reason it should be this prevalent.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2019, 21:20 Mr. Tact

It was only hours before he admitted it was "a joke". A purposeful troll trying to get over-reactions...

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2019, 18:39 bigspender

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2019, 18:13 Retired

Eating 'ultraprocessed' foods accelerates your risk of early death, study says.

Sky blue, water wet, fire hot.

8. Re: I've No More F***s To Give Feb 12, 2019, 15:20 Mr. Tact

That was more entertaining than I expected...  

7. Re: Westminster Dog Show Feb 12, 2019, 14:40 afka Rossini

"Where are my testicles, Summer?"  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2019, 14:33 Gojo

VaranDragon wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 14:12:
While they are decent showrunners, they had GREAT material to work with. At least with Game of Thrones.
Not to mention plenty of input from the creator for most of the shows run. It took a hit in quality the last few seasons as GRRM had less and less influence IMO.

=-Gojo-=

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2019, 14:12 VaranDragon

While they are decent showrunners, they had GREAT material to work with. At least with Game of Thrones. So while they may be doing a trilogy, if they are not basing it on some book of some sort it's gonna suck. Bad.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2019, 13:18 jdreyer

Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are reportedly working on a new Star Wars trilogy.

As long as there is sexposition involving a Twi'lek, I'm in.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2019, 13:11 jdreyer

Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 12, 2019, 12:44:
What do you have against Greenland?

Yeah, a remote village somewhere in northern Alaska would prevent an international incident. Greenlanders are all vaccinated, after all.

There was an interview on NPR yesterday with a high school sr who was getting vaccinated, despite his mother having never had him vaccinated. She fucking guilt tripped the shit out of him, saying he was slapping her in the face by getting it done. He did it anyway. He sounded intelligent and well spoken. I have a bit more hope for humanity now.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2019, 12:44 Mr. Tact

What do you have against Greenland?  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 12, 2019, 12:34 MoreLuckThanSkill

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo