Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

I'm almost fully recovered from my vaccination ordeal. The worst of it was actually over by the time I mentioned it, but I was still a bit achy all over for most of Friday. My arm remains a bit sore at the injection site, but it's not too bad, and it continues to improve. I am certainly glad I had this done to my left shoulder though... do they still do injections above the butt on the hip like when I was a child? And do they do those for adults? Seems to me that probably would have been an easier place to deal with soreness than the shoulder, but I could be wrong about that.

R.I.P.: Walter Jones, congressman behind 'freedom fries', dies at 76

Links: Thanks Ant.
Stories: Mars One is dead.
Science: There’s Another Area Of Psychology Where Most Of The Results Do Replicate – Personality Research. Thanks Max.
NASA has taken a significant step toward human landings on the Moon. Party like it's 1969!
Media: Abbi and Ilana of Broad City Go Numb While Eating Spicy Wings. Thanks RedEye9.
What was D-Day like for the Germans? Thanks RedEye9.
Driver Tries To Use Shoulder To Cut Traffic, Other Cars Band Together To Teach Him A Lesson.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2019, 20:23 Jivaro

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 20:11:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 20:03:
On the plus side, it provided salaries for all the people who worked there for 6 years.
I'm gonna use that statement in the next CIG/SC thread, with the added years of course.

beat me to it...lol

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2019, 20:11 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 20:03:
On the plus side, it provided salaries for all the people who worked there for 6 years.
I'm gonna use that statement in the next CIG/SC thread, with the added years of course.

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2019, 20:03 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 13:32:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 13:04:
Mars One is dead.

Filed under "To the surprise of no one"
It didn't help that the big dummies from MIT said it would be a failure resulting in the deaths of everyone involved. http://news.mit.edu/2014/technical-feasibility-mars-one-1014
I mean what do they know.

Don't be too proud of this statement you have constructed. The ability to do science is insignificant next to the power of the crowdfunding.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2019, 13:32 RedEye9

jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 13:04:
Mars One is dead.

It didn't help that the big dummies from MIT said it would be a failure resulting in the deaths of everyone involved. http://news.mit.edu/2014/technical-feasibility-mars-one-1014
I mean what do they know.

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2019, 13:10 Mr. Tact

jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2019, 13:02:
76 is pretty young these days.
*meh* slightly under "average" but plenty long. I'll be surprised if I live that long and I'm not sure I want to -- although my decision is heavily influenced by quality of life and continued self-sufficiency.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2019, 13:04 jdreyer

Mars One is dead.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2019, 13:02 jdreyer

Walter Jones, congressman behind 'freedom fries', dies at 76

76 is pretty young these days. I guess he had too many freedom fries.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo