Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Cyberpunk 2077 Punks Epic Exclusivity

A tweet from CD Projekt RED indicates that the developer has no intention of making Cyberpunk 2077 an Epic Games Store exclusive (thanks VGR.com via [H]ardOCP). This might seem like simple prudence after seeing the backlash to the news that Metro Exodus would be exclusive to Epic's new shop. But there's an even more obvious reason, since they are the owners of their own online store: GOG.com. Here's word:

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

10. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Punks Epic Exclusivity Feb 10, 2019, 14:49 Rilcon

Who could possibly be stupid enough to think they would ever contemplate that?

"Yes, we're going to be exclusive to another store and not sell it on the store we ourselves own and operate."

Jesus.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Punks Epic Exclusivity Feb 10, 2019, 14:49 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Feb 10, 2019, 14:35:
Yeah, they get to keep 100% of the GoG 30% cut, but I'm sure they'll throw it on Steam as well just for the extra eyeballs. I suspect it will also show up on the Epic store, because why not?

Yeppers. And Origin, too, of course.

8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Punks Epic Exclusivity Feb 10, 2019, 14:40 Clu32

based Projekt RED  

7. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Punks Epic Exclusivity Feb 10, 2019, 14:37 Simon Says

Fion wrote on Feb 10, 2019, 13:03:
CD Project Red is part of the same company that runs GOG.com, so it's there that it'll have the best price.

Best price, but probably not the best deal. If you like mods, you're still better off going Steam since that's where most of the modding is done.

Only alternative is to cross your fingers that it'll get posted somewhere else like nexusmods or something.

6. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Punks Epic Exclusivity Feb 10, 2019, 14:35 jdreyer

Yeah, they get to keep 100% of the GoG 30% cut, but I'm sure they'll throw it on Steam as well just for the extra eyeballs. I suspect it will also show up on the Epic store, because why not?  

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

5. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Punks Epic Exclusivity Feb 10, 2019, 14:00 RedEye9

Where was the ghashing of teeth when Metro Exodus was exclusively on Steam.
Oh wait, there was none. Wink

there’s no education in the second kick of a mule

4. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Punks Epic Exclusivity Feb 10, 2019, 13:48 El Pit

GOG is where I'm going to buy this - and maybe (when I have forgotten about already having bought it) on Steam again... This happened with Witcher 3. Yeah, I'm old.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

3. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Punks Epic Exclusivity Feb 10, 2019, 13:39 aka_STEVE

I hope it is on GOG right away . that's where I want it the most... but yeah, exclusivity is never a good idea.  

2. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Punks Epic Exclusivity Feb 10, 2019, 13:21 CJ_Parker

Fion wrote on Feb 10, 2019, 13:03:
CD Project Red

* CD Projekt, dude. Literally first sentence of the newsbit and you still spell it wrong. Now go wash your sticky fingers and lurn 2 sp3LL!

1. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Punks Epic Exclusivity Feb 10, 2019, 13:03 Fion

CD Project Red is part of the same company that runs GOG.com, so it's there that it'll have the best price.

Besides that, exclusivity is a bad idea, and while it may push purchases on certain platforms, it limits a games overall sales. In consoles, exclusive games are paid millions of dollars that goes towards the budget of that game (and the pockets of its publisher). So that can at times make up for the lost sales. On PC, an objectively open platform, it's just stupid.

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo