Rumor: Activision Plans Restructuring and Layoffs

Activision Blizzard is planning to announce layoffs next week "which could number in the hundreds," according Bloomberg where they attribute this to the current "painful stretch for the video-game industry." This is not confirmed, but the report is said to be "according to people familiar with the matter." Word is this will be part of a restructuring:
The layoffs, which could number in the hundreds, are part of a restructuring aimed at centralizing functions and boosting profit, said one of the people, who asked not to be identified because the changes haven’t been announced. Activision employed 9,800 people at the end of 2017.

The game maker, one of the largest in the world, acknowledged on a November conference call that some key titles, such as Overwatch and Hearthstone, were seeing flat or declining numbers of users. After disappointing sales of Destiny 2: Forsaken, the company parted ways with its developer, Bungie Inc., a move that could reduce annual revenue by as much as $400 million.

Analysts expect Activision’s sales to decline by about 2 percent this year, to $7.28 billion.
View : : :

Re: Rumor: Activision Plans Restructuring and Layoffs
Feb 10, 2019, 09:43
Re: Rumor: Activision Plans Restructuring and Layoffs Feb 10, 2019, 09:43
Feb 10, 2019, 09:43

It is time!

Bungie can remake or make a new Myth: The fallen lords game!

Maybe its rose colored glasses, but a drunken dwarf throwing Molotov cocktails murdering everything insight, Happy Childhood!
I never wanted to do this job in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Seq
Date
Subject
Author
Feb 10, 2019Feb 10 2019
Re: Rumor: Activision Plans Restructuring and Layoffs