Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

DiRT Rally 2.0 Getting Oculus Rift Support

A tweet from Codemasters reveals plans for Oculus Rift virtual reality support in DiRT Rally 2.0 (thanks PC Gamer). The game is due for release in a couple of weeks, but word is the VR support will be added via a patch this summer. Here's word:

We heard you. @Oculus heard you. DiRT Rally 2.0 + Oculus = this summer… #RisetotheChallenge

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: DiRT Rally 2.0 Getting Oculus Rift Support Feb 11, 2019, 04:42 Bob

Slick wrote on Feb 9, 2019, 18:43:
FUCK OFF

Fuck RIGHT off.

I understand your frustration, assuming you have a vive.

But if Oculus didn't pay them then there wouldn't be any VR at all for the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: DiRT Rally 2.0 Getting Oculus Rift Support Feb 10, 2019, 15:45 jdreyer

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 9, 2019, 23:15:
Slick wrote on Feb 9, 2019, 21:32:
Bumpy wrote on Feb 9, 2019, 19:51:
They are really trying to milk this engine and game to death. It is very long in the tooth and showing its age.

BeamNG.drive is so much better a simulator in physics, handling, damage AND is totally open world.

The thing is this very dated engine is PERFECT for VR. in VR you need to maintain 90 FPS at all costs, so these older more efficient enginres are ideal.

Project Cars 1 and 2 run like shit on VR, and results in lagging and banding and all sorts of awful shit. The codemasters engine is ideal for the Vive, but of course they'll never support it cause they're cunts.

I get bad motion sickness from Project Cars II. I also get sick from American Truck Simulator, a game I know I'm getting 90fps in... you think I am still likely to get motion sickness from DiRT Rally 1? I was going to snag it for $7 during the Steam sale, but figured it would be $7 lost because every cockpit based VR game makes me sick... Elite Dangerous VR is the only game I can play for 30 minutes before I have to stop.

Huh, how are you with non cockpit VR titles like Skyrim? Supposedly cockpit VR produces less nausea, something I've experienced myself. Also, fixed location VR games like Moss are easier to stomach.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

8. Re: DiRT Rally 2.0 Getting Oculus Rift Support Feb 10, 2019, 12:28 Orogogus

jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2019, 22:15:
Does getting Oculus support preclude Vive (or WMR)?

Dirt Rally 1 is still Rift-only, so in this case at least I'd say probably, yes. And the tweet implies that Oculus had a direct hand in making this happen, so they may have funded the VR work.

7. Re: DiRT Rally 2.0 Getting Oculus Rift Support Feb 10, 2019, 12:09 theglaze

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 9, 2019, 23:15:
I am still likely to get motion sickness from DiRT Rally 1?

Yes.

I found Dirt Rally to be the worst offender with motion sickness. Everything feels slightly "off", and there are limited tweaking options to dial it in. Then there's the roller coaster driving experience of rally racing... and it can kick anyone's ass with nausea.

6. Re: DiRT Rally 2.0 Getting Oculus Rift Support Feb 9, 2019, 23:15 BIGtrouble77

Slick wrote on Feb 9, 2019, 21:32:
They are really trying to milk this engine and game to death. It is very long in the tooth and showing its age.

BeamNG.drive is so much better a simulator in physics, handling, damage AND is totally open world.

The thing is this very dated engine is PERFECT for VR. in VR you need to maintain 90 FPS at all costs, so these older more efficient enginres are ideal.

Project Cars 1 and 2 run like shit on VR, and results in lagging and banding and all sorts of awful shit. The codemasters engine is ideal for the Vive, but of course they'll never support it cause they're cunts.

I get bad motion sickness from Project Cars II. I also get sick from American Truck Simulator, a game I know I'm getting 90fps in... you think I am still likely to get motion sickness from DiRT Rally 1? I was going to snag it for $7 during the Steam sale, but figured it would be $7 lost because every cockpit based VR game makes me sick... Elite Dangerous VR is the only game I can play for 30 minutes before I have to stop.

5. Re: DiRT Rally 2.0 Getting Oculus Rift Support Feb 9, 2019, 22:15 jdreyer

Does getting Oculus support preclude Vive (or WMR)?  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4. Re: DiRT Rally 2.0 Getting Oculus Rift Support Feb 9, 2019, 21:32 Slick

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 9, 2019, 20:31 Tom

It's Codemasters. They're like the Stardock of racing.  

2. Re: DiRT Rally 2.0 Getting Oculus Rift Support Feb 9, 2019, 19:51 Bumpy

1. Re: DiRT Rally 2.0 Getting Oculus Rift Support Feb 9, 2019, 18:43 Slick

FUCK OFF

So Oculus dumped a pile of cash into Codemasters' backyard AGAIN and the Vive gets stiffed.

Never touching another codemasters game again.

Fuck RIGHT off.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo