Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Today is National Pizza Day and National Bagel Day! Sadly there do not seem to be international versions of either "holiday." As a native New Yorker I am compelled to point out these two foods are basically New York City's claim to culinary fame. The perception that NYC is the best area in the country for each used to seem like a regional prejudice, but somewhere along the way people started attributing it to the water. On the other hand, this article on bagels debunks the water theory, but confusingly, this article on pizza from the same site lends credence to it, so go figure. PUR and Food & Wine each tackle this question with mixed messages as well. I don't know the answer, but the fact that one California pizzeria imports their water from New York seems to support the water theory. According to these reports, they did an experiment and found their customers preferred the pizza made with New York water by a startling nine to one ratio.

Watery Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: Tasteful suburban real estate listing has tasteful sex dungeon.
Stories: Westworld’s third season likely won’t air until 2020.
Senator introduces a bill to legalize marijuana and it’s called S.420.
Drug companies are sitting on generics—43% of recently approved aren’t for sale.
Media: Alanis Morisette and James Corden update the song "Ironic".
You can do it!
Honey Badger Rescues Her Baby from Leopard. So brave. Hope the little one is okay.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2019, 17:12 RedEye9

he heh
“It costs $482.79 to get a decent pizza in San Francisco — $17 for the pie, $85 for cab fare, and $378.80 for the flight to New York.”

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2019, 13:01 Fion

I will devour a new york bagel for lunch in honor of the holiday. My stomach says it isn't a good day for pizza, sorry.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2019, 19:34 jdreyer

Drug companies are sitting on generics—43% of recently approved aren’t for sale.

Aren't market economies just the best!

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2019, 17:55 Acleacius

I really only enjoy sourdough so no bagels. Doubling my pizza intake to compensate is no problem!

Don't care about Dolores after season 2, so meh. I'm 6 episodes in Sex Education, pretty damn funny.

'The Republican Party Has Become the Most Dangerous Organization in World History' Chomsky

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2019, 16:46 afka Rossini

The Expanse season three is now available on Amazon Prime (at least in the U.S.).  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2019, 15:04 Shock

I've had a pizza guy tell me the water definitely affects how the crust comes out  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2019, 14:54 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 9, 2019, 12:35:
Pizza and bagels. happy happy joy joy

It's a shame cream cheese is so unhealthy for you. I usually put cottage cheese on mine.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2019, 14:21 Cutter

All the zah I've had in NYC was certainly never better than anywhere else I've had it. The only time were talking serious zah is wood-fired oven zah. There's a couple of places here that do authentic Neapolitan pizza here and it's head and shoulders above the chain stuff. Just wish it was easier to find.

As for bagels I've personally always enjoyed Montreal style bagels over New York style bagels. Same thing, there's a few places that do them here and do them well but not enough of them around so you have to put in effort to go get them. Actually considered opening a Montreal bagel place once.

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” - Will Rogers

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 9, 2019, 12:35 RedEye9

Pizza and bagels. happy happy joy joy

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo