Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

2018 Steam Awards Results

Steam offers the results of the 2018 Steam Awards. There's a 17 minute video if you want the full treatment, or you can peek below to cut to the chase:

• Game of the Year: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
  • VR Game of the Year: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
  • Labor of Love: Grand Theft Auto V
  • Best Developer: CD Projekt RED
  • Best Environment: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Better With Friends: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege
  • Best Alternate History: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
  • Most Fun With a Machine: Rocket League
View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 10, 2019, 14:17 Dacron

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 10, 2019, 00:50:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Feb 9, 2019, 13:27:
GTA V is one of the "worst ports in history?"

Pass me some of whatever you're smoking. My $90 AMD dual-core CPU (in all fairness unlocked to quad-core on mobo- phenom2-555be baby!) from 2010 handled it like a dream on release, along with an equally dated gtx480 from nvidia and 4gb of ram. What kind of fucking adamantium space-ladder height bar are you setting for ports that you could call that one bad in any way?

/me hands you a mouse and keyboard

The only thing that isn't great about mouse/keyboard is ladders (getting on them) but it was shit on console too. The PC port is great, and the controls are just as good as console to me. Plus, the ability to use any controller on a PC...

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 10, 2019, 00:50 eRe4s3r

Pass me some of whatever you're smoking. My $90 AMD dual-core CPU (in all fairness unlocked to quad-core on mobo- phenom2-555be baby!) from 2010 handled it like a dream on release, along with an equally dated gtx480 from nvidia and 4gb of ram. What kind of fucking adamantium space-ladder height bar are you setting for ports that you could call that one bad in any way?

/me hands you a mouse and keyboard

17. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 9, 2019, 18:55 Nucas

up until this year i was playing gta online on my nehalem i7 from 2009 and a gtx 770.

it's not the best optimized game i've ever played but it ran ok for me.

16. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 9, 2019, 13:27 Mordecai Walfish

15. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 9, 2019, 11:07 Reactor

Skyrim VR is fun, but it hardly showcases what VR can be...  

14. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 9, 2019, 09:40 eRe4s3r

The fact that the absolute worst PC port in the history of AAA titles gets Labor of Love shows you everything that is wrong with these rewards  

13. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 9, 2019, 09:29 Luke

And all the GPU junkies go...........BUT!?  

12. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 9, 2019, 05:09 Spektr

Are we going to nominate the same games year after year?
I mean I voted for The Witcher 3 and CD Projekt RED even though the game came out like three years ago? Shouldn't there be a point to those awards? Or nomination is possible as long as game sells enough?
I have to say it's an amazing studios that over the years has grown to offer a quality of games that surpasses their competition. I am thinking of single player RPG with Bethesda. They should learn from a studio that was set to improve their formula with each new game instead of sitting on their laurels. Now I am looking forward for Cyberpunk like no other game. And that studio is also doing an amazing job with GOG their DRM free alternative to Steam, they didn't build it with exclusivity steals. always so respectful of older franchises, other developers and game buyers, a model to look up to.

11. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 9, 2019, 02:52 Steele Johnson

yawn not for the awards, but for the games that were nominated. so darn boring  

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 9, 2019, 02:03 jdreyer

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Feb 9, 2019, 01:21:

On a related note, I have a spare Assassin's Creed Odyssey key for $20. I put a post up in the PC section of the forums if anyone here is interested.

First thought: "$20? Sweet! I should grab that."
Second thought: "Shit, when am I gonna have time."
Third thought: "Oh yeah, I got Ass Creed Pirates for free, and still haven't even started it."

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 9, 2019, 01:21 Mordecai Walfish

Only game that actually came out in 2018 on that list seems to be Assassin's Creed Odyssey. that is kind of weird and out-of-touch feeling.

On a related note, I have a spare Assassin's Creed Odyssey key for $20. I put a post up in the PC section of the forums if anyone here is interested.

8. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 9, 2019, 00:46 Dacron

Xero wrote on Feb 8, 2019, 23:44:
Wait what? Witcher 3 still winning awards? I'm all for it, but when did it release? lol.

Actually with all the graphic improvement mods out there, it still can compete with the best out there. Besides, the quests/side stories -dialogue is still probably the best I've ever played.

I think a Witcher 4 might be the only thing that could beat it.

Surely you meant Cyberpunk 2077

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

7. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 8, 2019, 23:44 Xero

Wait what? Witcher 3 still winning awards? I'm all for it, but when did it release? lol.

Actually with all the graphic improvement mods out there, it still can compete with the best out there. Besides, the quests/side stories -dialogue is still probably the best I've ever played.

I think a Witcher 4 might be the only thing that could beat it.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Trine 4

6. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 8, 2019, 20:52 Alamar

I slowly went through this list on Steam when it showed up, and for more than half, I was barking out, 'Seriously?!?!'... Good times ; )

VR and Labor get the biggest WTF's from me... Not surprising that AAA titles beat out Indie titles, but still a little frustrating...

5. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 8, 2019, 20:46 heroin

Good VR titles get lost in the overwhelming BLEH of the current gen titles, so much absolute crap comes out everyday. Not that I have anything against SkyrimVR, it's one of my favorite VR titles, but Polybius by Jeff Minter skyrocketed to one my all time favorite games when it was released for the Rift in late December. It's a pleasure to play, listen to and look at and the massive perspective VR provides is the perfect format for it. I wish more people would hype it up because I'd love to see Llamasoft encouraged with compensation to continue releasing VR games.  

4. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 8, 2019, 20:30 jdreyer

Next year they'll debut the new category, "Game Most Likely to Give You Wood"

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

3. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 8, 2019, 20:27 RedEye9

necrosis wrote on Feb 8, 2019, 20:10:
Did I miss something?
Why are there games on the list that did not come out in 2018?
https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=196040&id=1205652

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

2. Re: 2018 Steam Awards Results Feb 8, 2019, 20:10 necrosis

Did I miss something?
Why are there games on the list that did not come out in 2018?

1. 3 out of 8 :( Feb 8, 2019, 19:35 RedEye9

- MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD
+ The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- No Man's Sky
+ CD PROJEKT RED
- Subnautica
- PAYDAY 2
- Wolfeinstein II: The New Colossus
+ Rocket League

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >