5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: etc.
Feb 10, 2019, 05:23
Re: etc. Feb 10, 2019, 05:23
Feb 10, 2019, 05:23

jdreyer wrote on Feb 9, 2019, 02:58:
Axiom Verge crashed on Epic Store due to missing "steam" file…

"What is this 'testing' thing you speak of, and how can it help me?"

You can spend tens of thousands of man hours testing a game but that dosn't help spot a game crash caused by what you foolishly assumed was a non-invasive attempt to remove references to the platform competing with the one the build is being released on. I mean, I don't know if that is what happens but it sounds like it.

Even with the resources of a larger company, it's a pain in the arse to have someone run through a long game to completion, even if you shop it out to some sweatshop. It's probably a couple of days work even with a guide. Being it's not on physical media or multiplayer it probably seemed like a safe bet. It's been ported to multiple consoles successfully over the last few years but how much work do you think you do to make a build for epic or GOG? At most someone in mastering might have booted it up for a few minutes. Or at least that's my experience with much more expensive titles in similar scenarios.

Easy to see why they were tempted not to do a full pass on it. Still funny though. It's not like they lost sales by having it borked for a few days when it's free for two weeks.

Brilliant game though. One of the best. Not quite as ambitious or as fun with the action component as Hollow Knight but as a throwback to 90's console action adventures it's perfect, and is better than pretty much all of them excepting maybe SotN.

Feb 9, 2019, 02:58
Re: etc. Feb 9, 2019, 02:58
Feb 9, 2019, 02:58

Axiom Verge crashed on Epic Store due to missing "steam" file…

"What is this 'testing' thing you speak of, and how can it help me?"
I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Feb 8, 2019, 15:17
Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 8, 2019, 15:17
Feb 8, 2019, 15:17

This made me think of a scene in the show "Six Feet Under" where Claire was playing Quake 3 Arena without a mouse. LOL. Seeing someone play that game with keyboard-only was truly hilarious at the time.

I remember RAGE being in Breaking Bad also. ID Software games seem to get into the best shows.

Feb 8, 2019, 13:07
Re: etc. Feb 8, 2019, 13:07
Feb 8, 2019, 13:07

For all that is holy, why can’t actors convincingly pretend to play video games?…

Why not actually play video games? Then they wouldn't have to take it.
I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Feb 8, 2019, 12:41
Re: etc. Feb 8, 2019, 12:41
Feb 8, 2019, 12:41

He's not even a real medical doctor and it's more like gaming, Gaming Injuries.
A truck is not a speech.A horn is not a voice.Occupation is not a protest.A blockade is not freedom,it blocks the liberty of all.
A demand to overthrow a government is not a dialogue.Expression of hate is not a difference of opinion.A lie is not the truth
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older