The Division 2 Private Beta Crash Workarounds

The Division 2 Private Beta is now underway for preorder customers, and others interested in checking out the online action/RPG sequel can apply on the official website. A post from Ubisoft lists known issues with the beta (thanks Eurogamer). This includes a warning that the client may crash after "an extended gameplay session," and they recommend rebooting every two or three hours, so this sounds like a memory leak. There's also a warning that game invites can also cause crashes. Here's word:
During the Private Beta, we will be fully testing Tom Clancy's The Division 2 together with you and we cannot wait to hear what you think about it. To ensure the smoothest game experience, we will be publishing a list of Known Issues on the forums that we are aware of and working on fixing. There are two important ones that we want to raise before the Beta itself starts. These are high priority issues for us that will be fixed, but are present in the Beta.

We are aware of an issue where your game client will crash after an extended gameplay session. To circumvent this, we recommend that you restart your game client every two to three hours.

Secondly, on all platforms, if you are outside the game and receive a game invite from a friend within the game, your client will crash at launch. To work around this problem, make sure to start the game first and join group directly from inside the game.

We hope ( and we will do our best to make sure) you will have a great time in the Private Beta of Tom Clancy's The Division 2 and we're looking forward to playing with you all in Washington, D.C. this weekend!
View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: The Division 2 Private Beta Crash Workarounds
Feb 8, 2019, 01:52
Re: The Division 2 Private Beta Crash Workarounds Feb 8, 2019, 01:52
Feb 8, 2019, 01:52

Slick wrote on Feb 7, 2019, 19:04:
Dling it now.

My main disappointment is that they announced they're not using the local VoIP anymore so you can taunt your opponents.

I had so much fun with soundboards I'd spam at enemies in the DZ while we wasted them. My fav was getting my squad at level 5 rogue, then camping out where there's only only stairwell to reach us, and spamming the "Warriors ... Come out and plaaaayyy" line from the movie. Just thinking of hearing those bottle clanks again makes me blush. We had so much fun

Very sad to see that go.

I'll post a cool vid I made in the Div 1 when I get home

Private chat/discord/XBLA parties/Teamspeak/garbage people ruined the golden age of locational voice. PUBG still has it thank goodness but it's just not the same as it was.

Part of what made Halo 2 so awesome early on was everyone with Xbox Live got a mic with their subscription, and there was no party chat, so the trash talking, spying on other teams and then busting their plays by blurting out what they were up to was all part of the meta in a way we just don't have anymore.

Feb 7, 2019, 20:02
Slick

Re: The Division 2 Private Beta Crash Workarounds Feb 7, 2019, 20:02
Feb 7, 2019, 20:02
 Slick

Found a solution on Reddit for anyone else:

Edit this file:

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\my games\Tom Clancy's The Division 2\state.cfg

​

set:

dx12 = true

fullscreen = true

maximized = true
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Feb 7, 2019, 19:32
Slick

Re: The Division 2 Private Beta Crash Workarounds Feb 7, 2019, 19:32
Feb 7, 2019, 19:32
 Slick

oh dip, I can't even get it to launch without crashing.

I just get a windowed black screen
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Feb 7, 2019, 19:04
Slick

Re: The Division 2 Private Beta Crash Workarounds Feb 7, 2019, 19:04
Feb 7, 2019, 19:04
 Slick

Dling it now.

My main disappointment is that they announced they're not using the local VoIP anymore so you can taunt your opponents.

I had so much fun with soundboards I'd spam at enemies in the DZ while we wasted them. My fav was getting my squad at level 5 rogue, then camping out where there's only only stairwell to reach us, and spamming the "Warriors ... Come out and plaaaayyy" line from the movie. Just thinking of hearing those bottle clanks again makes me blush. We had so much fun

Very sad to see that go.

I'll post a cool vid I made in the Div 1 when I get home

Feb 7, 2019, 15:39
Re: The Division 2 Private Beta Crash Workarounds Feb 7, 2019, 15:39
Feb 7, 2019, 15:39

Checking it out atm. World building is top notch as expected but it's just more fo the same Ubisoft grind. Also, getting booted out of the game every 15 mins or so then have to Q up to get back in. Probably like the first one I'll be waiting for this to hit $20 or less.

"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate up hill." - Blade

Feb 7, 2019, 13:52
Re: The Division 2 Private Beta Crash Workarounds Feb 7, 2019, 13:52
Feb 7, 2019, 13:52

I had some fun in the first game, but I got tired of every gear build that was good, getting nerfed because all of the other gear builds kind of sucked.
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishfull thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms.
-Robert Heinlein

Feb 7, 2019, 10:25
Re: The Division 2 Private Beta Crash Workarounds Feb 7, 2019, 10:25
Feb 7, 2019, 10:25

I am looking forward to check this out when I get home from work. Based on videos it didn't look all that much different from the first game, but that doesn't necessarily mean it sucks.

I did like the first game. If they've improved upon it, I'll probably be getting this.
Steam: SpectralMeat
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older