Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease

GSC Game World tweets a mysterious image that seems related to their plans for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (thanks Rhialto). This is an image of the number 35, and the accompanying tweet says this mystery is already partially solved:

What is hiding in 2.0.2.1.?

First part of the code is solved - it's 35.

Maybe it will help you in future.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease Feb 7, 2019, 10:13 Beamer

Wesp5 wrote on Feb 7, 2019, 06:26:
ItBurn wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 23:34:
Stalker is waaaay better than Metro. I don't really have faith that such a game can be created nowadays though.

Sorry, but I disagree. Both games are rather different, Metro is a linear shooter and Stalker was one of the first sandbox games. Which probably is one reason it became a classic, although it was so buggy at first that I couldn't finish it either when I played it years ago. In my opinion Metro has the better atmosphere though, I'm curious how their take on a sandbox game will play in Metro Exodus...

I didn't finish either, and both for similar reasons. They felt like too much survival horror to me. I want to be able to run around fighting. These games had too many instances of needing to just run, which never works for me. I loved the atmosphere of Metro but hated the ammo limitatons. Stalker lacked the atmosphere for me, and started getting less fun around the invisible monster appearance. I also remember warehouses loaded with way too many enemies, and being an early sandbox game, times where I was backtracking without a clue of where to go, just wasting time running places I'd been to prior to see if I'd missed anything.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease Feb 7, 2019, 09:22 MonsterMan

Well, I guess that means that I too have to finish COP Complete Mod.

9. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease Feb 7, 2019, 08:09 aka_STEVE

Don't get your hopes up. Most of the people from the first moved on, so this #2 will all be someone else's ...

8. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease Feb 7, 2019, 06:26 Wesp5

ItBurn wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 23:34:
Stalker is waaaay better than Metro. I don't really have faith that such a game can be created nowadays though.

Sorry, but I disagree. Both games are rather different, Metro is a linear shooter and Stalker was one of the first sandbox games. Which probably is one reason it became a classic, although it was so buggy at first that I couldn't finish it either when I played it years ago. In my opinion Metro has the better atmosphere though, I'm curious how their take on a sandbox game will play in Metro Exodus...

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2019, 07:26.

7. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease Feb 6, 2019, 23:57 MeanJim

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 18:21:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 18:16:
Crap, it's time to finish the first one.

True that. I actually bought the physical CE of the first one, played a little back at release, then started waiting for patches... and, well, that wait somehow never ended .

I too bought it at release, and still have my physical box and disk. I played it at release, but the first patch was not compatible with existing saves. I was pretty far in and didn't want to start over, so I didn't patch and kept playing. I got to the level right before Prypyat and started crashing and I couldn't get farther. Apparently that was something fixed in the first patch.

I never got around to re-playing it until I decided to make it my October scary game last year.

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 19:00:
It's a fantastic game that's well worth playing, but I'd recommend getting the Complete mod. It really fixes everything that was lacking in the base game, from bugs, quality of life improvements, to better graphics and weather effects.

I'd skip Complete for your first game or if you want a vanilla experience. The Complete mod makes too many changes, and makes the game easier. I used Zone Reclamation Project (out of the box it's just bug fixes, but has optional content that you can enable if you want it), STALKER Weather Overhauld, Shaders MAX, Absolute Nature and Absolute Structures Texture Packs, and Photo Realistic Zone 2.

MeanJim on Steam

6. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease Feb 6, 2019, 23:34 ItBurn

5. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease Feb 6, 2019, 21:23 Bumpy

STALKER is way up there in greatness with Unreal and Doom IMO.

The atmosphere was thick as pea soup. So many curious, eerie and odd things that sets it apart. Very few other games had as good a sense of 'being there'. Translation was rough but that added to its unique character and setting.

Cult classic for sure; shouldn't be missed.

Hope STALKER2 can live up to the first.

4. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease Feb 6, 2019, 19:16 Cutter

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 19:00:
It's a fantastic game that's well worth playing, but I'd recommend getting the Complete mod. It really fixes everything that was lacking in the base game, from bugs, quality of life improvements, to better graphics and weather effects.

Absolutely. I hope this one is as good. I liked it better than Metro.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

3. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease Feb 6, 2019, 19:00 Pineapple Ferguson

2. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease Feb 6, 2019, 18:21 CJ_Parker

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 18:16:

True that. I actually bought the physical CE of the first one, played a little back at release, then started waiting for patches... and, well, that wait somehow never ended .

1. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Tease Feb 6, 2019, 18:16 RedEye9

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo