Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program

Rare is offering the rare opportunity to play Sea of Thieves for free. Their Friends Play Free Page offers those who own the game special "Friends Play Free" codes that allow them to recruit new crewmates. To do so one must also join their Insider Programme which insists you subscribe to their newsletter. This trailer has details, clarifying the free period lasts one week. Here's word:
How Does It Work?

Between February 6th and 13th, all players who own Sea of Thieves (or have obtained it through Game Pass), provided they have joined the free Sea of Thieves Insider Programme, can invite three friends to play for free until the end of the promotional period.

During this period, there will be a Mercenary Voyage available to give players a taste of what Sea of Thieves is all about!

View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program
Feb 8, 2019, 07:56
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 8, 2019, 07:56
Feb 8, 2019, 07:56

I accept your apology but its not necessary, you don't offend me. I was just pointing out that lashing out at me doesn't strengthen your argument filled with vague statements about "bugs" but if it makes you feel better, by all means your internet words don't sting

Windows 10 is not a nightmare to setup and administer for a professional so I'm not sure what sort of shop you work in but if it's installing "Razer Cortex" then I think you've pretty much sabotaged your own argument sufficiently without any help. Conflating gaming tools and performance with professional environments reveals a very child-like understanding of the common IT environment. First its Windows 10 is hard to setup, then its "BUGS!" then its hard to maintain "for a professional" then you jump back to talking about gaming tools. You just seem to be flailing about without any foundation. Windows 10 has issues, so did Windows 7. Much like Windows 7 did it's maturing rapidly. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to understand or why you're so threatened by it.

I'm not sure why you talk about winning, we're just having a discussion here. I think it reveals a lot more about your own mindset to be honest, you should do some rumination sometime about what you're really online for and why you need to seek the affirmation of others.

Feb 8, 2019, 06:17
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 8, 2019, 06:17
Feb 8, 2019, 06:17

Kain wrote on Feb 7, 2019, 17:22:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 7, 2019, 11:41:
I have been using 10 for along time now. Ive seen what it does every single patch and upgrade. Its a nightmare to set up first time, because you have to change so much stuff, MUCH MUCH worse than in 7, or any other Windows for that matter.
But what really makes it so bad are all the useless and undocumented changes all the time, that break things all the time.
Windows 7 never did that. Quite honestly, if you think Windows was comparable to 10 with its problems, then I dare to say you have never used 7.

Seems a bit weird to insult others knowledge about Windows if you consider the setup of 10 to be a nightmare, its pretty streamlined and user friendly. That aside it's Windows Update, of course there are changes that's sort of the point. Windows is pretty big and complex, there are always undocumented changes both intentional and accidental. There have certainly been rocky patches this past year but again, you can procure and run the LTSC branch if it really troubles or defer feature updates on a consumer version. We're a long way from forced driver updates and other nonsense, they've smoothed all of that out and offer some realistic options for updates now.

Regardless people are going to be running 10 whether they want to or not, there isn't going to be a choice soon. Hence making peace with it. I've had no problem getting Windows 10 configured to my satisfaction. There are things about it I don't care for but there are things I don't care for in every version of Windows. Windows 7 had just as many problems and flaws over the years and just like now, there were stalwarts back then insisting they would run Windows XP forever. The history of Windows Update is also pretty checkered, to the point where many organizations finally got fed up and run their own WSUS servers to control client updates.

Windows 10 is a nightmare to set up. Period. If you want to keep all the tracking on and its horrible design decisions and flat out bugs and other issues, then youre just a mainstream user anyway, and shouldnt be talking about it on a site like this.
Professionals care about a working system. And they all agree that Windows 10 is bad and Microsoft doesnt acknowledge that they are doing lots of things wrong with it.
That you need programs like the ISLC tool or like Razer Cortex, which would have been considered snake oil software just a few year ago, is proof enough how much they fucked up and dont care about their customers.
And then there are issues like the UAC2 implementation, which pretty much forces some content creators to buy different hardware or use Windows 7 instead. All things you dont have a clue about, I am sure. Have fun googling it.

Windows 7 was not comparable with Windows 10 in that aspect. Not even close. Even Windows ME had less problems. Period.

I insulted you? Youre quite the baby if you think I did. Now that was an insult. Its obvious its useless to argue with you, so this was my last post. Im sure you will see it as a victory, seeing how childish you are.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2019, 06:27.
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Feb 7, 2019, 17:22
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 7, 2019, 17:22
Feb 7, 2019, 17:22

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 7, 2019, 11:41:
I have been using 10 for along time now. Ive seen what it does every single patch and upgrade. Its a nightmare to set up first time, because you have to change so much stuff, MUCH MUCH worse than in 7, or any other Windows for that matter.
But what really makes it so bad are all the useless and undocumented changes all the time, that break things all the time.
Windows 7 never did that. Quite honestly, if you think Windows was comparable to 10 with its problems, then I dare to say you have never used 7.

Seems a bit weird to insult others knowledge about Windows if you consider the setup of 10 to be a nightmare, its pretty streamlined and user friendly. That aside it's Windows Update, of course there are changes that's sort of the point. Windows is pretty big and complex, there are always undocumented changes both intentional and accidental. There have certainly been rocky patches this past year but again, you can procure and run the LTSC branch if it really troubles or defer feature updates on a consumer version. We're a long way from forced driver updates and other nonsense, they've smoothed all of that out and offer some realistic options for updates now.

Regardless people are going to be running 10 whether they want to or not, there isn't going to be a choice soon. Hence making peace with it. I've had no problem getting Windows 10 configured to my satisfaction. There are things about it I don't care for but there are things I don't care for in every version of Windows. Windows 7 had just as many problems and flaws over the years and just like now, there were stalwarts back then insisting they would run Windows XP forever. The history of Windows Update is also pretty checkered, to the point where many organizations finally got fed up and run their own WSUS servers to control client updates.

Feb 7, 2019, 11:41
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 7, 2019, 11:41
Feb 7, 2019, 11:41

Kain wrote on Feb 7, 2019, 08:02:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 7, 2019, 03:13:

Its not about "nostalgia" of 7, but about 10 being an unstable POS, which breaks everything all the time.
Right now people suspect it causes microstuttering in games since a few patches.

Windows 7 had plenty of updates that tanked it and frankly the idea of running something so insecure and old is pretty silly. You will be loading Windows 10 shortly, driver support for 7 is dropping off. So might as well make peace with it. Run the LTSC branch if you want less updates, not like its hard to obtain. Or go ahead, keep Windows 7 and be a Russian botnet drone that can only run older games, it matters not to me
I have given up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Feb 7, 2019, 08:02
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 7, 2019, 08:02
Feb 7, 2019, 08:02

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 7, 2019, 03:13:

Its not about "nostalgia" of 7, but about 10 being an unstable POS, which breaks everything all the time.
Right now people suspect it causes microstuttering in games since a few patches.

Windows 7 had plenty of updates that tanked it and frankly the idea of running something so insecure and old is pretty silly. You will be loading Windows 10 shortly, driver support for 7 is dropping off. So might as well make peace with it. Run the LTSC branch if you want less updates, not like its hard to obtain. Or go ahead, keep Windows 7 and be a Russian botnet drone that can only run older games, it matters not to me

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Feb 7, 2019, 03:39
Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 7, 2019, 03:39
Feb 7, 2019, 03:39

Friends been playing free since release anyways thanks to your shitty PC store.

Thanks for the gross incompetence as always, MS!

Feb 7, 2019, 03:13
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 7, 2019, 03:13
Feb 7, 2019, 03:13

Kain wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 19:07:
With drivers moving to the DCH model in the next 2 years you'll be upgrading whether you want to or not. I suggest making peace with it.

Windows 10 isn't perfect but Windows never is and Windows 7 frankly was a train wreck in various ways, peoples nostalgia about it is getting a bit ridiculous.

Feb 6, 2019, 21:34
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 6, 2019, 21:34
Feb 6, 2019, 21:34

This game is fucking great. The dynamic weather, the ocean physics, the multi crew multi ship battles. The music and art are super coherent as well. But it does ignore most modern gaming conventions, intentionally and to a fault. It’s not a roller coaster of content served up on a silver plate for your lazy ass. There is no K/D ratio to check. It’s just tense as fuck every time you spot a sail on the horizon which is as it should be.

My biggest fear is they walk back too much of what makes it unique. I’m not a huge fan of the magic cannonballs either. They seem too plentiful and put a stop to those epic chases all too quickly when they hit.

Feb 6, 2019, 19:07
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 6, 2019, 19:07
Feb 6, 2019, 19:07

With drivers moving to the DCH model in the next 2 years you'll be upgrading whether you want to or not. I suggest making peace with it.

Windows 10 isn't perfect but Windows never is and Windows 7 frankly was a train wreck in various ways, peoples nostalgia about it is getting a bit ridiculous.

Feb 6, 2019, 17:17
J
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 6, 2019, 17:17
Feb 6, 2019, 17:17
J

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 17:12:
J wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 16:35:
ldonyo wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 10:22:
If they were a true friend, they wouldn't do this to you.

Meh. If you installed Windows 10, you kinda have it coming

Oh God, another hipster and his old ass version of Windows looking down on anyone who upgrades.

I was a hipster before it was trendy.

Also, I don't consider a worse OS to be an upgrade.
nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

Feb 6, 2019, 17:12
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 6, 2019, 17:12
Feb 6, 2019, 17:12

J wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 16:35:

Oh God, another hipster and his old ass version of Windows looking down on anyone who upgrades.
Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

Feb 6, 2019, 16:35
J
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 6, 2019, 16:35
Feb 6, 2019, 16:35
J

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

Feb 6, 2019, 16:25
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 6, 2019, 16:25
Feb 6, 2019, 16:25

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 6, 2019, 16:23:
Reality is, this game isn't for adults. My 10 year old son and his friends love it.

I don't see why not.

Feb 6, 2019, 16:23
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 6, 2019, 16:23
Feb 6, 2019, 16:23

Reality is, this game isn't for adults. My 10 year old son and his friends love it.

Feb 6, 2019, 14:42
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 6, 2019, 14:42
Feb 6, 2019, 14:42

LOL. Too true.
Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

Feb 6, 2019, 10:22
Re: Sea of Thieves Launches Friends Play Free Program Feb 6, 2019, 10:22
Feb 6, 2019, 10:22

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older