about the success of yesterday's launch of Apex Legends
Word is the free-to-play battle royale hit the one million player threshold
within the first eight hours of its launch: "I’m so overwhelmed right now,
@PlayApex broke a million unique players in under 8 hours. ❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so
much for showing up and being part of this with @Respawn you are amazing!!"
There's also a
post on reddit
where Respawn recaps the launch. Word is to expect a small
server patch this morning to address stability issues. They are also soliciting
The support and excitement for Apex Legends has been more than we could have
imagined. The whole team is thrilled to see people loving the game as much as we
do. We love the praise, but we also want to hear what could be better. A few
things for example we’d love your feedback on:
- How do weapons feel? Distinct? Samey?
- Do Legend abilities feel effective?
- Are you finding loot quickly enough? Is ammo too
hard to find? Is a type of ammo feel to scarce?
- What areas of the game could be explained better?
- What do you wish Apex had that it doesn’t
- What are your favorite cosmetics?