I played it a bit last night. Won one of my games because my team had a beast on it.
What I like:
* New Battle Royale Mechanics!
* Drop system is superior to other BR offerings (leader-led drops preventing that one dumbass that always seems to drop away from the rest of your team)
* Rez/Respawn Mechanic Points where you trade in your dead buddies badge adds a new strategic facet to the game play
* Gun play feels the best out of all the BR games
* Unique classes makes things more interesting and encourages team play with your randoms
And the aesthetic in general is great, feels very hunger games. The random announcements for new kill leaders, when the previous match champion gets taken out, how announcements are made in the arena in general. And I love the little touches like showing random players stats with their portrait on the big banner screens throughout the play field.
I am really enjoying the game so far. Have about 15 matches in, playing solo (going to play with friends tonight) and getting matched with pubs so far hasn't been the worst thing in the world... yet.
Playing: Overwatch, FFXIV, Ion Fury
Xbox Live: Heinekev