Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Top 10

The following eight titles comprise the latest top 10 list of bestselling titles on Steam for last week:

1. Subnautica: Below Zero
  2. RESIDENT EVIL 2 / BIOHAZARD RE:2
  3. RESIDENT EVIL 2 / BIOHAZARD RE:2 Deluxe Edition
  4. PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
  5. ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN
  6. ACE COMBAT 7: SKIES UNKNOWN
  7. Metro Exodus
  8. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
  9. Wargroove
  10. Grand Theft Auto V
View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 4, 2019, 12:37 Muscular Beaver

Xero wrote on Feb 4, 2019, 10:21:
I tried hard to get into these survival based games such as No Mans Sky and Subnautica. They are just not for me.

It's like, get this to make that, to get more of this, to make that, and then make more of this, to make more of that, so you can finally do this. Yeah f**k that. Nobody got time for that grind in life.

Graphically, both look amazing, and I'm sure once you really get deep into them, they both open up and become more than just a grind, but the initial start is so damn slow and grindy, yeah nope. Not for me.

With that out of the way, I'm having a BLAST with RE2. I played RE2 so many damn times when I was younger and then let it disappear out of memory. Playing this, some of it has come back to me while a lot of it is like, holy crap I don't remember this ever in the original. Great game.
But Subnautica has a story. Huge difference.
I agree on games that dont have a story, though some can at least be enjoyable with friends or at least for 10 or 20 hours.
In any case, the story of Below Zero looks really lackluster this time.

Trying to decide if I keep it for later once its complete, or refund it. The reasons why they fire employees also are pretty disgusting... Not sure if I want to support shit like that with my money.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 4, 2019, 10:21 Xero

I tried hard to get into these survival based games such as No Mans Sky and Subnautica. They are just not for me.

It's like, get this to make that, to get more of this, to make that, and then make more of this, to make more of that, so you can finally do this. Yeah f**k that. Nobody got time for that grind in life.

Graphically, both look amazing, and I'm sure once you really get deep into them, they both open up and become more than just a grind, but the initial start is so damn slow and grindy, yeah nope. Not for me.

With that out of the way, I'm having a BLAST with RE2. I played RE2 so many damn times when I was younger and then let it disappear out of memory. Playing this, some of it has come back to me while a lot of it is like, holy crap I don't remember this ever in the original. Great game.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Trine 4

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 4, 2019, 10:11 RedEye9

Jivaro wrote on Feb 4, 2019, 00:24:
pretty sure Red was being facetious and/or sarcastic.
What gave it away, the word bazillions maybe?

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 4, 2019, 08:14 Muscular Beaver

Creston wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 22:09:
ShakaUVM wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 20:49:
I would recommend not buying it till release, but I did want to support the devs and give some early feedback that hopefully they'll look at (like why you have to hit escape to leave the fabricator, but for literally every other menu you hit tab).

It drives me crazy in Subnautica that to leave the fabricator you have to right click, but to leave every other menu you hit Tab... Seems they haven't made much improvement in that regard.
That drives me crazy.

About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 4, 2019, 04:52 eRe4s3r

mch wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 12:14:
That's awesome that Subnautica: Below Zero is number one. I haven't picked it up yet because it sounds like it's got a ways to go in EA, but I'm glad people jumped right on it.

But it's cheaper right now.... I bought first Subnautica years before it was done, didn't regret that, but didn't do much with it until it "released" properly. It's a good way to save money, as the price will go up prior to release.

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 4, 2019, 00:24 Jivaro

pretty sure Red was being facetious and/or sarcastic.  

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 4, 2019, 00:05 El Pit

Dev wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 18:31:
El Pit wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 14:50:
It is not part of the Steam Top 10 chart here on Blue's, so you seem to have access to another one containing the info you posted here.

You may have overlooked it

7. Metro Exodus

Dev, that's not what my post was about. Please read my complete post. It was about RedEye9's claim that "bazillions of Exodus sales on Steam were refunded just so peeps could turn around and purchase it cHeApEr at the awesome shiny new Epic Store."

You overlooked that.

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2019, 22:28 Dirwulf

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 13:07:
El Pit wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 12:56:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 12:35:
Exodus still makes the charts ...
Sources?
the Steam Top 10 chart Wink

Please supply a link to that Steam Top 10 chart saying that
bazillions of Exodus sales on Steam were refunded just so peeps could turn around and purchase it cHeApEr at the awesome shiny new Epic Store.
Thank you. It is not part of the Steam Top 10 chart here on Blue's, so you seem to have access to another one containing the info you posted here.

While you may be wrong, you still might be right. How do we know how many people asked for a refund? He's still talking out his ass.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2019, 22:09 Creston

ShakaUVM wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 20:49:
I would recommend not buying it till release, but I did want to support the devs and give some early feedback that hopefully they'll look at (like why you have to hit escape to leave the fabricator, but for literally every other menu you hit tab).

It drives me crazy in Subnautica that to leave the fabricator you have to right click, but to leave every other menu you hit Tab... Seems they haven't made much improvement in that regard.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2019, 20:49 ShakaUVM

Subnautica was honestly one of the top games of 2018. I picked up this game in early access... and yeah, it's early access. You swim to areas they haven't made yet, there is nothing there.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2019, 18:31 Dev

It is not part of the Steam Top 10 chart here on Blue's, so you seem to have access to another one containing the info you posted here.

You may have overlooked it

7. Metro Exodus

14. Re: We Happy Few Delay; Refunds Feb 3, 2019, 18:29 Caladell

#7 on the list right here on Blue's

Edit: Referring to El Pit's comment

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2019, 18:18 Creston

El Pit wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 14:51:
Rhett wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 14:22:
I'm happy for the Subnautica devs, their last game was fantastic.

I've heard so many good things about Subnautica, bought it... and never even installed it. BACKLOOOOOOOOOG!!!

I've been playing it for the last three days. It's phenomenal. Play it.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2019, 15:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

El Pit wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 14:51:

I've heard so many good things about Subnautica, bought it... and never even installed it. BACKLOOOOOOOOOG!!!

Never give up. You cannot defeat the queue, but you can keep whittling away at it. I do recommend bumping Subnautica up a few slots in the queue though.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2019, 15:52 Cutter

Maybe, someday, saved by zero....

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2019, 14:51 El Pit

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2019, 14:50 El Pit

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 13:07:
Sources?

Please supply a link to that Steam Top 10 chart saying that
bazillions of Exodus sales on Steam were refunded just so peeps could turn around and purchase it cHeApEr at the awesome shiny new Epic Store.
Thank you. It is not part of the Steam Top 10 chart here on Blue's, so you seem to have access to another one containing the info you posted here.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2019, 14:22 Rhett

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2019, 13:39 necrosis

Exodus still makes the charts even after bazillions of Exodus sales on Steam were refunded just so peeps could turn around and purchase it cHeApEr at the awesome shiny new Epic Store.

Saving $10 isnt worth it to go to the Epic store even if I DIDNT preorder it on Steam already.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 3, 2019, 13:07 RedEye9

Sources?

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >