Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

Happy Groundhog Day! The local groundhogs have spoken, and neither Staten Island Chuck nor Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, a traditional omen of early spring. This is pretty welcome news amid the icy temperatures of the polar vortex, so we're happy that this is all based on firm, hard science. Therefore we will ignore the fact that Punxsutawney Phil is usually wrong and that NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio publicly murdered the real Staten Island Chuck years ago. Actually the deputy weather editor at The Washington Post wrote an essay expressing the idiotic "worry" that people believe this is true, though she doesn't clarify what she fears will happen as a result... going outside with insufficient layers perhaps?

Familiar Links: Thanks Ant.
Stories: Buddy Holly's Classmates Remember The Pioneer 60 Years After 'The Day The Music Died.'
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Set for Maui Returned to LAX 3 Times.
Science: Stem cell breakthrough could help cure type 1 diabetes.
An end to food allergies? A possible answer to severe reactions to peanuts, reversing commonly accepted medical advice.
Media: DiabLoL 1 Ep 4 -Legit Co-op.
Boiled Dirty Water under the Microscope.
Celebrities Freaking Out Over Meeting Other Celebrities.
The Funnies: Weighting Game - FoxTrot.
View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 6, 2019, 03:28 shul

every year  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2019, 10:17 RedEye9

Nimh wrote on Feb 4, 2019, 10:02:
Pigeon wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 22:52:
Prez wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 22:06:
Most boring Superbowl ever? Definitely in the 21st century

Started gaming at the start of half time and didn't stop till just before the 2 minute warning. Time better spent IMO.

The Super Bowl is the football game people who do not follow football watch.
And then they only watch it for the halftime show and commercials.
I never even turned on the tv, looks like i didn't miss anything unless tom brady had a nip slip. Puke

Vaccines Cause Immunity
Welcome to the Anthropocene

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2019, 10:02 Nimh

Pigeon wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 22:52:

Started gaming at the start of half time and didn't stop till just before the 2 minute warning. Time better spent IMO.

The Super Bowl is the football game people who do not follow football watch.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 4, 2019, 00:28 Jivaro

My wife is originally from Rhode Island and a huge Pats fan. I want to thank the Pats for the incredibly happy mood she will be in for at least a couple weeks. Happy wife, happy life..as they say.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 22:52 Pigeon

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 22:45 Prez

Ned Ryerson! wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 22:34:
Say what you want, but Belichick and Brady are the greatest ever at coach and QB to play the game.
Sorry - too bored to care right now.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 22:34 jdreyer

Say what you want, but Belichick and Brady are the greatest ever at coach and QB to play the game.  

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

18. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 22:17 Cutter

Deffo. What should have been - arguably - one of the best SBs of all time was the biggest snoozefest I can recall. Even by regular season standards that would have been boring beyond belief. I swear some people must have fallen asleep at that game. Cheatriots win again. Nertz to that.

Still the best pic ever about the Cheatriots.

"Don't get drawn into the culture, Morty. Stealing stuff is about the stuff, not the stealing."

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 22:06 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 21:42 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 19:03:
The best superbowl ad airs only in Canada.

No love for the Bud Light knight?

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

15. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 21:39 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 16:07:
Go Rams! For the love of all goddamned things holy please don't allow the goddamned Cheatriots to win yet another Superbowl. Even if the Pats weren't in it I think the Rams deserve it with the stellar year they've had. And yeah, really tight nailbiting games are what make football particularly awesome - after all it is a game of seconds and inches - I'm kinda' hoping the Rams just fucking wafflestomp them.

Cheerleading Drunk2 Fight Police
We

How's that working out so far? 6 m to go Pats up 7.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 20:02 Prez

Just put the game on before 1st half expired. Boy howdy, I missed a doozie of a first half. The Rams have almost 300 yards! Um... punting the ball. How riveting.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2019, 20:14.

- Mahatma Gandhi

13. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 20:01 RedEye9

Prez wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 19:24:
Acleacius wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 15:16:
1. Taking away the ability for gamers to buy the game on Steam for a year. Threatening the community publicly?
2. Oh my mistake, scynet must be his real name.
3. Yes, as I posted thought they would do something else stupid today, for the story.
4. Gratz, did you believe anyone on Blue's or the net was trying to stop you? Err, besides the developer and publisher denying you the option on Steam for a year.

All Hail RedEye9 purchasing prowess! Pip, Pip! Giggle

/s Sorry that was the best Alliteration come up with to make me laugh.

LOL. Expect him to tell us all how he intends to buy the game at launch about 2 dozen more times. And YOU CAN'T STOP HIM DAMMIT!!
I am gonna buy this game. It's so easy and I get to save $10 bucks (sorry about your bad luck europeaners). winner winner chicken enchilada dinner

PS
I am a gamer and i have never felt threatened by 4a games, the publisher or epic.
I must be doing something wrong besides of course looking into the future and doing my part to make gaming better for everyone. Some might call that selfless but I just call it neighborly. Wink

Vaccines Cause Immunity

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 19:24 Prez

Acleacius wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 15:16:
1. Taking away the ability for gamers to buy the game on Steam for a year. Threatening the community publicly?
3. Yes, as I posted thought they would do something else stupid today, for the story.
4. Gratz, did you believe anyone on Blue's or the net was trying to stop you? Err, besides the developer and publisher denying you the option on Steam for a year.

LOL. Expect him to tell us all how he intends to buy the game at launch about 2 dozen more times. And YOU CAN'T STOP HIM DAMMIT!!

- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 19:19 Prez

It's been a long time since I was this disinterested in a Superbowl. I can either root for the Pats to lose again, or just hope the best team wins. Not exactly riveting. Maybe I'll just catch the highlight video on the NFL's youtube channel. Cut out all the fluff and boring stuff.  

- Mahatma Gandhi

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 19:03 RedEye9

The best superbowl ad airs only in Canada.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 17:10 WaltC

The WaPo and the NYT are always afraid of *something*, it's certain. Their own shadows? Good possibility...;)  

It is well known universally that I do not make mistakes--so, if you should happen across an error in that which I have written, please be assured that *I* did not write it!...:)

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 16:07 Cutter

Go Rams! For the love of all goddamned things holy please don't allow the goddamned Cheatriots to win yet another Superbowl. Even if the Pats weren't in it I think the Rams deserve it with the stellar year they've had. And yeah, really tight nailbiting games are what make football particularly awesome - after all it is a game of seconds and inches - I'm kinda' hoping the Rams just fucking wafflestomp them.

Cheerleading Drunk2 Fight Police

"Don't get drawn into the culture, Morty. Stealing stuff is about the stuff, not the stealing."

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 15:16 Acleacius

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs,
you would not hear of that party again in our political history.....and they are stupid. Dwight D. Eisenhower

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 3, 2019, 14:41 RedEye9

Acleacius wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 13:54:
RedEye9 wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 12:50:
Acleacius wrote on Feb 3, 2019, 12:26:
Noooooo, why can't we have another day with 4a games or deep silver screwing over the gaming community!
How did developer 4a Games screw over the gaming community?
Oh aren't they the ones making metro and wasn't it the developer who shot his mouth off threatening the community yesterday, behind a fake alias?

Edit: yes it is, unless Blue is reporting the name of the developer wrong!
Once again; Exactly how was anyone in the gaming community screwed over and what sort of perceived "threats" are you speaking of.
And what's this about a fake alias, that's the first I've heard of that.
This story keeps getting better and better.
In the meantime I will purchase Metro Exodus from a different storefront (aka; not steam) further strengthening gaming and the gaming community as a whole.

Vaccines Cause Immunity

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >