EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment

A post on the Battlefield Forums offers a Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker, as EA commits to improving the base version of the military first-person shooter in parallel to their development of additional content. They explain their process for identifying gameplay issues and prioritizing solutions, reminding players how they can help with this by communicate with them. Here's their punchlist for this week:
Top Issues for Week of January 28
Below are the top issues we are committed to resolving with details on when you can expect a fix to be implemented.
Please note, we are limiting this list to the top 5 -10 issues we've prioritized. So, you may not see an issue that you feel should be on this list for the week. Rest assured, we are working on improving Battlefield V in many other areas alongside the issues mentioned here.

1. Loading screen hangs between map loads

• Platforms Affected: All
  • Status: Currently, we are trying to reproduce this issue internally so that we can get detailed logs of what happens under the hood when this issue occurs. Unfortunately, it has proven very difficult to reproduce it internally so it's taking longer to debug than we had hoped, but we will keep you in the loop once we have a status update for you!

2. End of Round screen not reporting correct Company Coin gained

• Status: We have seen that some Rank 50 players are still getting an incorrect end of round Company Coins counter, where the system thinks that the player has just ranked up from level 49 to level 50 while the player already has previously reached Rank 50. We currently do not have a fix for this issue internally, but we are working on resolving it as quickly as possible.

3. Tiger Tank skin reward does not unlock when collecting all the letters in the single player campaign

• Status: We are looking into the cause of this issue. As a work around for now, it might be possible to obtain it by following these instructions. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/battlefield/battlefield-v/battlefield-v-bugs-known-issues/

4. Ammo Crates and Health Crates fall through the floor

• Status: We think that we have a fix for this issue and are waiting for our QA team to verify that it works. The fix is currently pending for a February release.

5. Panzerstorm performance issues since recent Update #2

• Platforms Affected: PlayStation 4
  • Status: We are currently looking into this issue; however, we have been unable to reproduce it in our internal game environment, and we need a bit more time to properly investigate. If any players know how to force this issue to occur, please do reach out to us so we can get the bottom of this one faster.

6. Players get stuck in a downed state when being revived by someone that gets killed during the revive process

• Status: We are tracking reports of this issue, but as we understand it, it's a very rare bug with the current update. If anyone has a good way of forcing this issue to happen with a 100% reproduction rate please let us know, as internally we have been unable to force it.

7. Occasionally a player spawns with no weapon (entire Players upper-body is invisible on client side only. They can still fire their weapons.)

• Status: We have been unable to reproduce this issue internally. If anyone has a good way of forcing this issue to happen with a 100% reproduction rate please let us know, as internally we have been unable to force it.

8. Ping spikes after the Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Update #2

• Status: We need more information on this from you, our community. If you are getting this issue, what country are you playing from and what servers are you connecting against? Also, please ensure that your ISP is not having routing issues, and that your equipment is not affected by any interference. A wired connection is usually better than running WIFI. We also know that for example in South Africa, Middle East Countries and Asian countries there is a big lack of Xbox One players playing Battlefield V, so those players will be sent to regions that actually have players, which means that they might get a bad ping. We have another ongoing initiative where we are trying to get more people to play the game at the same time in these regions.

9. Re-enable ability to purchase past Tides of War weapon rewards (now that Company Coin accrual issue is resolved)

• Status: Good news! We have a fix for this internally and are currently looking at where we could release it. We are currently tracking this for release sometime during February.

As we make progress on the issues above, we'll update this thread with pertinent information. With each week behind us, we'll continue updating this list with the most recent issues we're prioritizing, so please bookmark and check back regularly to get the latest details.

View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment
Feb 2, 2019, 09:55
Dev
Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 2, 2019, 09:55
Feb 2, 2019, 09:55
Dev

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2019, 11:24:
Also, out of their top 9, they can't reproduce 7 of them.

I mean this is where you implement a better bug reporting setup in the game to capture data that will help you reproduce.

Or this is where you offer money to a few people where it's happening to install debug software.

Or this is where you offer to give a few people where it's happening a trip to HQ for a tour... while they test the computer you brought.

Tons of ways to do this if you have EA money, to help reproduce stuff.

Feb 2, 2019, 09:33
Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 2, 2019, 09:33
Feb 2, 2019, 09:33

I'm worried that something ontoward has befallen Slick.
I mean this is a bf thread and he's nowhere to be found.

"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov

Feb 1, 2019, 21:57
Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 21:57
Feb 1, 2019, 21:57

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 1, 2019, 11:27:
6. Players get stuck in downed state, same story, happens ALL the time.

Now that I think about it, I have seen this one a few times. Annoying as shit. Hasn't happened recently (not that I've played a ton recently), so I thought it had been fixed.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Feb 1, 2019, 18:10
Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 1, 2019, 18:10
Feb 1, 2019, 18:10

Frijoles wrote on Feb 1, 2019, 11:01:
I don't think I've seen any of these. I wonder how common they are.

I have seen most of these and many more. There are also memory leak issues with dx12 rendering with my specific gpu (likely others too) which is suprising because you'd think they'd have that worked out for the dx12 RTX requirement, but being that it is an older non-rtx card perhaps they just arent testing these.

Feb 1, 2019, 17:40
El Pit

Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 17:40
Feb 1, 2019, 17:40
 El Pit

1. Loading screen hangs between map loads

Well, that's the problem, right?
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)
Founder, president, and only member of the official "Grumpy Old Gamers Club". Please do not apply.

Feb 1, 2019, 16:34
Kxmode

Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 16:34
Feb 1, 2019, 16:34
 Kxmode

How do you kill that which has no quality of life?
"...and in stonks, Fizzy Squeezy Stocklebocks leaped over Droopy Whoopy Bondfluffs, hitting 300-gigglebits to their 150-snorebucks. Meanwhile, in Whimsyland's market, the pancakes reached parity with pogo sticks."

Feb 1, 2019, 15:10
Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 15:10
Feb 1, 2019, 15:10

Is the red tag bug still around?

Feb 1, 2019, 12:29
Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 12:29
Feb 1, 2019, 12:29

I have to assume you were playing on and off pretty lightly because these things are absolutely rampant. Tides of War unlocks were pretty much broken for everyone, requiring multiple attempts due to bugs. Playing support my ammo crate would fall through the world more often than not to the point where I gave up entirely on it. You can test this by just deploying one on any surface that is slightly uneven. Endless level loads would happen sporadically, less so lately but it was a meme for a reason. Spawning without a weapon still happens after the latest patch.

They still have not fixed TTD/TTK, the games broken vaulting system or most of the major issues with the game either but obviously those are not listed here. It is by far my least favorite entry into the series and I'm not surprised it's suffering from extremely poor sales. No one expects a bug free Battlefield game but they have gotten so much wrong with this game it just sort of boggles the mind.

Feb 1, 2019, 11:27
Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 11:27
Feb 1, 2019, 11:27

Hrm, not sure how much you guys have played, but most of these I've experienced personally, and some are reasonably serious.

4. Ammo/Health Crates fall through the world, that NEEDS to be fixed ASAP.

6. Players get stuck in downed state, same story, happens ALL the time.

7. Not quite as common, but does happen, very annoying

9. Tides of War weapon rewards, wtf this was a bug this whole time? I have been unable to get the few I missed early this entire time, thought it was a 'feature'. I think a LOT of people have this, who had SOME points in the Tides of War progression but didn't finish before time expired, the weapons are not available.

PC, US East, on gigabyte fiber. Not experiencing much ping fluctuation, but that seems to not be the case worldwide.

2. End of Round screen...company coins: This seems to be nearly universal, I think people just don't pay attention to the end of round screens as stuff blinks by.

Anyway, the game is fun, but yeah, they need to fix these and at least attempt to ban some cheaters.

Feb 1, 2019, 11:24
Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 11:24
Feb 1, 2019, 11:24

"Two months after release, we're going to start caring about whether it's actually working properly or not."

I guess the MTX dollars are going down, EA?

Also, out of their top 9, they can't reproduce 7 of them.

Feb 1, 2019, 11:06
Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 11:06
Feb 1, 2019, 11:06

And if several of them rarely happen, big whoop. Are some people that sensitive to game anomalies? Not necessarily defending them, but it's like when you play a game, someone will say "man it's buggy as hell", you've been playing all along and feel the game is pretty bug free, what gives? Who knows what each call a bug, perhaps an elbow clipped through a corner and that really got someone in a lather, where it means exactly zero to me.

Feb 1, 2019, 11:01
Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 11:01

How about a quality of life indicator for the developers, so they can actually have one?

Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 11:01

Feb 1, 2019, 10:32
Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 10:32
Feb 1, 2019, 10:32

Is this where they commit to fixing the rampant cheating?
The Anti-Cheat System Is Broken in Battlefield V

"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov

Feb 1, 2019, 09:55
Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 09:55
Feb 1, 2019, 09:55

They have been making the same game for how many years and they still have 'gameplay issues' they need the community to help fix.?

Feb 1, 2019, 09:41
Re: EA's Battlefield 5 Quality of Life Commitment Feb 1, 2019, 09:41
Feb 1, 2019, 09:41

They said "quality"...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older