Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Anthem Demo Plans

A new post on the BioWare Blog offers an "Anthem VIP Demo Weekend Summary." Most people could probably summarize the weekend demo in a word or two, but this goes a little beyond that. Most people would probably not heap praise on BioWare for how all this worked out, but Chad Robertson isn't most people, so this is part of what BioWare's Head of Live Service leads with: "I’m particularly proud to be part of our amazing team across Austin and Edmonton. Their dedication and passion showed this weekend. Our war rooms in both locations were hot-beds of activity 24×7 all 3 days. We had fantastic support from EA and our partners." He then looks ahead to next weekend's public demo, and what will and will not be fixed by then:
We’ve got a long list of things that were addressed during the weekend, or are being addressed for next weekend’s public demo. These include:

• Entitlement bugs
  • Server performance updates to address much of the rubber-banding
  • Fixes for infinite loads and more being investigated
  • Platform bugs to validate Javelin unlocks
  • Client and platform login bugs

We’re doing more scale testing this week, particularly to be ready for the opening rush of players on Friday, and to verify we’ve got “infinite load” problems improved, the latter of which was a primary frustration for many players.

We’ve also been preparing for many weeks for our full launch. That version of the game already has a long list of things that are already fixed that won’t make the public demo weekend. That list includes:

• Weapons with 0% infusions
  • Weapons with bonus that applies to different Javelins
  • Plot integrity / party gather issues
  • Changes to Javelin unlock behavior
  • Fixes for losing XP at end of some expeditions
  • Performance Improvements
  • Additional stability fixes
  • A Social Hub: The Launch Bay
  • And a few thousand more (literally)…

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Anthem Demo Plans Jan 29, 2019, 13:55 Darks

Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jan 29, 2019, 11:00:
Dolnor Numbwit wrote on Jan 28, 2019, 23:50:
I am a long time game tester (as a hobby since 1985) and game companies used to treat QA testing as a Pillar of Game Development. Today, it is merely a nuance that maybe gets used or not. Using in-house testing as your only source won't reveal 50% of bugs/issues...as obvious with Anthem's Alpha and VIP Demo. Background data collection analysis won't reveal 30% of the bugs..it takes us crazy humans to try things that the QA Leads never think of. I hope this bad example of what not-to-do will advance the idea of bringing back on-going Game Test Server for Months before release, instead of using Testing as a Marketing tool. >.<

TQQdles™

1985 was 34 years ago and the world of gaming has changed. I have no doubt that game testing isn't considered as important as it use to be as technology now allows for the "Patch". While the amount of bugs in present in modern games is disappointing it would be fiscally irresponsible to delay launch for six or so months while a business paid hundreds or thousands of people to play the game in search of bugs

The cheese has moved.

LOL, love your signature, I read that book years ago and its still hold true today in business. a Great book to read if any of you haven't.

Who moved the Cheese?

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Anthem Demo Plans Jan 29, 2019, 11:00 Riahderymnmaddog

Dolnor Numbwit wrote on Jan 28, 2019, 23:50:
I am a long time game tester (as a hobby since 1985) and game companies used to treat QA testing as a Pillar of Game Development. Today, it is merely a nuance that maybe gets used or not. Using in-house testing as your only source won't reveal 50% of bugs/issues...as obvious with Anthem's Alpha and VIP Demo. Background data collection analysis won't reveal 30% of the bugs..it takes us crazy humans to try things that the QA Leads never think of. I hope this bad example of what not-to-do will advance the idea of bringing back on-going Game Test Server for Months before release, instead of using Testing as a Marketing tool. >.<

TQQdles™

1985 was 34 years ago and the world of gaming has changed. I have no doubt that game testing isn't considered as important as it use to be as technology now allows for the "Patch". While the amount of bugs in present in modern games is disappointing it would be fiscally irresponsible to delay launch for six or so months while a business paid hundreds or thousands of people to play the game in search of bugs

The cheese has moved.

7. Re: Anthem Demo Plans Jan 29, 2019, 10:45 aka_STEVE

OK, I've moved on past this game now.....

When is the next Mass Effect announcement ?

6. Re: Anthem Demo Plans Jan 29, 2019, 04:30 El Pit

VaranDragon wrote on Jan 29, 2019, 02:12:
And a few thousand more (literally)…

Which will all have been crushed until this very Friday when they will move on from public alpha build 0.1 to 0.2! ENJOY!

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

5. Re: Anthem Demo Plans Jan 29, 2019, 02:12 VaranDragon

And a few thousand more (literally)…

4. Re: Anthem Demo Plans Jan 28, 2019, 23:50 Dolnor Numbwit

TQQdles™

3. Re: Anthem Demo Plans Jan 28, 2019, 22:54 xXStellarDadXx

This game i was pumped for when they showed it early on...After seeing it in action really do not give a fuck anymore...RIP Anthem...  

I love Fortnite..keeps thy little kids out of thy good games...

2. Re: Anthem Demo Plans Jan 28, 2019, 21:13 MoreLuckThanSkill

Well, I'll try the February 1st demo, which they admit is an older build, no problem. It'll at least show me if the mechanics and controls are appealing.

Every AAA game seems to be a shitshow on release these days, no need for me to pre-order or anything. If release day reviews are favorable, I'll buy. If not, deep sale, or skip. People are getting way too worked up over this.

1. Re: Anthem Demo Plans Jan 28, 2019, 20:57 Creston

We had fantastic support from EA and our partners.

Yeah? Did they write an extra check for a hundred bucks?

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >