Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

A little late in updating today because I am a party animal. That's actually a gross exaggeration, but I did head into Manhattan last night for one of my semi-regular get togethers with my buddies. Many adult beverages were consumed, and a good time was had by all. I'm not hung over, but I did sleep in and then cooked breakfast for me and my better half, so it's like I'm in vacation mode. Or was... the Gunnar-man is eyeing me to let me know that walkies are seriously overdue, so we have to get rolling.

R.I.P.: Michel Legrand Dead: Oscar-Winning Composer Was 86.

Leisurely Links: Thanks Ant.
Links: Tony Romo Realizes He Should Have Used Ability To Read Defenses Back When He Was Still Playing.
Stories: Pet hedgehogs associated with salmonella outbreak, ‘don’t kiss or snuggle’ them, CDC warns.
Into the Zone: 4 days inside Chernobyl’s secretive ‘stalker’ subculture. Thanks Digg.
Marie Kondo’s ‘Tidying Up’ Shows How Bad We Are with Money. Thanks RedEye9.
Science: Apollo Astronauts May Have Brought a Piece of Ancient Earth Back From the Moon.
North Carolina alligators frozen in swamp waters are 'survival machines'. Thanks RedEye9.
The Bulletproof Coffee Founder Has Spent $1 Million in His Quest to Live to 180.
Media: Battlefield Fifth Try.
How the Inventor of the Rubik’s Cube Cracked His Own Code.
Sean Bean - Bastard Compilation. Thanks Boing Boing. Ironically, no Jon Snow.
Follow-ups: Anti-vaccine advocates appointed to Minnesota autism council after measles outbreak.
The heroes of the Thai cave rescue. Thanks Digg.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2019, 05:00 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2019, 22:05:
He's pissing away money on junk science so why would anyone ever buy into his brand?

Dave Asprey went to a clinic in Park City, Utah, where a surgeon harvested half a liter of bone marrow from his hips, filtered out the stem cells, and injected them into every joint in his body. He then threaded a cannula along Asprey’s spinal column and injected stem cells inside his spinal cord and into his cerebral fluid. “And then they did all the cosmetic stuff,” Asprey told me. “Hey, I’m unconscious, you’ve got extra stem cells—put ’em everywhere!”

Yeah except that's not how stem cells work. They're not magic. Unless there's a biomatrix directing them to do something specifically they don't do anything.

The other thing is that studies show that efficacy is achieved at millions of stem cells per injection. However, typical injections only comprise 100s of stem cells.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2019, 22:05 Cutter

He's pissing away money on junk science so why would anyone ever buy into his brand?

Dave Asprey went to a clinic in Park City, Utah, where a surgeon harvested half a liter of bone marrow from his hips, filtered out the stem cells, and injected them into every joint in his body. He then threaded a cannula along Asprey’s spinal column and injected stem cells inside his spinal cord and into his cerebral fluid. “And then they did all the cosmetic stuff,” Asprey told me. “Hey, I’m unconscious, you’ve got extra stem cells—put ’em everywhere!”

Yeah except that's not how stem cells work. They're not magic. Unless there's a biomatrix directing them to do something specifically they don't do anything.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2019, 19:27 |RaptoR|

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 26, 2019, 16:52:
The US is willing to secede Minnesota to Canada and in return we want nothing.

Agreed. Minnesota doing its best to become Florida of the North

Playing: Overwatch, FFXIV, Ion Fury
Xbox Live: Heinekev
PSN: Heinekev

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2019, 18:49 bigspender

The Bulletproof Coffee Founder Has Spent $1 Million in His Quest to Live to 180.

Probably should stop pouring butter and oil into his coffee or he'll drop dead before he's 60.

He should stop publishing books, and publish his angiogram so we can see how much he's clogged his arteries by doing exactly opposite of what every credible cardiologist says.....

But of course he won't. He's doing exactly what Atkins did, selling books and hiding his heart-disease.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2019, 18:04 RedEye9

Sorry Dave, but there is a 110% chance that you will fall 99 years short of your plan. But keep spending that fun money, quacks everywhere thank you.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

4. Re: The Bulletproof Coffee Founder Has Spent $1 Million in His Quest to Live to 180 Jan 26, 2019, 17:28 Lorcin

Choose your own musical mashup adventure!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15PYUhkSrug

EDIT: To win you have to take a dark path *shudders*

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2019, 17:45.

3. Re: The Bulletproof Coffee Founder Has Spent $1 Million in His Quest to Live to 180 Jan 26, 2019, 17:20 Mr. Tact

I'd be willing to bet against it, but seeing as he is 11 years younger than me, I'm guessing I won't be around to find out I'm right. Unless he gets unlucky...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2019, 16:54 1badmf

fun note about romo - buddy ryan, the ex-coach says his predictions are easy for football minds, and that he used to trap romo into throwing picks all the time. i'd be genuinely curious to see how well his skill would translate to a coaching career  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2019, 16:52 RedEye9

The US is willing to secede Minnesota to Canada and in return we want nothing.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo