Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access Next Week

Unknown Worlds announces that Early Access to Subnautica Below Zero begins on January 30th, offering a countdown timer ticking off the seconds until the release. They plan a livestream to celebrate at that time, providing links for potential viewers. They stress that this does not mean development is complete: "Below Zero is not finished. It is full of bugs. It lacks polish, runs poorly, and is missing features. We are offering Early Access not because we want your money, but because we want your feedback. We make better games when we make them with you." Here's word on how this follows the underwater action of the first Subnautica game:
Dive into a freezing underwater adventure on an alien planet. Set some time after the original Subnautica, Below Zero challenges you to survive a disaster at an alien research station on Planet 4546B. Craft tools, scavenge for supplies, and unravel the next chapter in the Subnautica story.
View : : :

Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access Next Week
Jan 26, 2019, 06:33
Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access Next Week Jan 26, 2019, 06:33
Jan 26, 2019, 06:33

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 26, 2019, 06:19:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 26, 2019, 05:45:
It's the same way they made the first one and it turned out great.
And also the same, I'll be waiting until it's more done.
If its cheap I will get it instantly.
You can be pretty sure they will not fuck it up. As you said, they already proved that.

You would think so but history is littered with bad sequels and mediocre expansion packs to amazing breakout one of a kind still pining for new content two decades later games.

TA:Kingdoms, Supcom 2, yuck! Though expansion packs to good games are often solid. Probably because of building on established tech lets the content creators go wild. OFP2, MOO3 and Star Control 3 were heartbreaking but I don't think they were the OG devteams, just publishers trying to cash in with well meaning but ill equipped teams.

Since this is the same team doing the same style devcycle I'm super keen. But no need to pre-order/beta test (unless cheaper tyhan full release!). Waiting for Subnautica was definitely the right move. Unlike Kerbal or Factorio it's a game that probably works best once completed. The authored feel to the world and story structure felt outstanding. Once of the best games I played last year.
Date
Subject
Author
Jan 26, 2019Jan 26 2019
    Re: Subnautica: Below Zero Early Access Next Week
Jan 27, 2019Jan 27 2019
Jan 26, 2019Jan 26 2019