Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

EverQuest Turning 20

Producer's Letter on the EverQuest Website celebrates the upcoming 20th anniversary of EverQuest, the venerable MMORPG that was so addictively popular back in the day that it earned the nickname EverCrack (thanks Ken). The letter, written by Executive Producer Holly "Windstalker" Longdale, has more perspective on the state of 20th century computing at the game's debut in March 1999: "EQs launch feels a world away now, lest we forget dial-up modems, Y2K panic, CRT monitors, 640x480, open-book medding, corpse runs, lost corpses, ninja looting, guild drama, dawn of DKP, and so many other moments." Word is they still have plans for new content and servers, as well as an IRL celebration they say is likely to come this summer:

In this anniversary year, lets live the legacy of EQ and turn it up to 20, and focus on what has made this game great you, the community.

Our anniversary events in game in March include a brand new land, raids, and rares with a story about preserving our past, and its free.

We are aiming at two new progression servers with two approaches one hardcore and one ultra-casual. Rules will be coming soon as we sort them out over the coming weeks with both new servers launching around the anniversary on March 16.

We also want to celebrate with you IRL! Were working on pulling together an EQ fan event so we can hang out with you, our honored guests. Timing for that event is likely to be summer, but Im hoping to announce more details on timing/location in March for those who want to plan ahead with your own family, guildies, and friends and join us!

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: EverQuest Turning 20 Jan 24, 2019, 16:00 Shok

uggh this makes me feel old...  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: EverQuest Turning 20 Jan 24, 2019, 05:24 Muscular Beaver

Had some of my greatest gaming times in EQ. Still to this date the most friendly gaming community Ive ever seen. I still play Project 1999 from time to time and its still mostly great people playing that game. The only problem is the competition between guilds for raids. But P99 tries to get that under control, even if its not classic.  

Sick of waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

3. Re: EverQuest Turning 20 Jan 23, 2019, 21:23 Acleacius

The Horror! Giggle  

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language...they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

2. Re: EverQuest Turning 20 Jan 23, 2019, 20:51 Cutter

Buying SoWs and ports. Made good coin as a shammy SoWing people. Going from PnP and MUDs to EQ was pretty mind-boggling awesome at the time.

"Put the pick in there, Pete, and turn it round real neat."

1. Re: EverQuest Turning 20 Jan 23, 2019, 20:04 Kxmode

Congrats EverQuest!  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo