Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art

A new video from Nightdive Studios for their upcoming revival of System Shock, the classic action/RPG (thanks Simon). This shows off the game's final art style as they hope to head off confusion on this topic, since previous videos included placeholder alpha artwork. This project raised $1.35 million through a now-complete Kickstarter, but the description also includes word that they are offering another chance to back the game by preordering it through BackerKit. Word is:

We wanted to create a small preview of the final art as there was some confusion due to our previous video of the Adventure Alpha containing only placeholders.

Combat is next!

If you missed out on the Kickstarter and still wish to support this project, check out our BackerKit!

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 22, 2019, 23:04 Dev

aka_STEVE wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 11:26:
We blew the other million+$+ people gave us , so we need to get more backers elsewhere to get it done..??

I was really interested in this project (never backed it) but this is starting to sound like Star Citizen now.

Don't think these guys are begging for more millions, and selling non existent stuff, so not sure how that comparison works.

What I see is like MANY kickstarters, they are behind schedule and over budget. The unusual part is they've buckled down and gotten back to it. Some KS just abandon things before that point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 22, 2019, 06:33 Jonjonz

As someone with over 500 hours into Space Engineers, these interiors look an awful lot like the Space Engineer uniform block size construction. Not necessarily bad, just mostly boring.

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23

10. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 21, 2019, 21:30 christheshitter

It looks like a shoot em up like Doom.  

9. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 21, 2019, 20:06 heroin

The sound of walking across the metallic floors sounds great, walking pace looks decent too - as mundane as that sounds, pretty crucial for it to be done well in a SS game.  

8. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 21, 2019, 17:37 Drayth

Looks lookable.  

7. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 21, 2019, 16:55 Creston

Looks excellent.

6. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 21, 2019, 15:58 Task

Looks cool.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

5. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 21, 2019, 12:37 Darks

Well, two things that I noticed, the foot steps sounds is to loud. I hope thats something you can adjust in the settings.

Secondly, the targeting cursor, They should change this so that anything thats interact-able with changes the look of the cursor to a finger or something that is more obvious.

Other then that, its looking pretty good.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

4. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 21, 2019, 12:22 RedEye9

Needz moar fog!

sheesh

Yikes Yikes Yikes
funding started in June 2016?
Estimated Delivery; December 2017
WTF were they smoking...

I want to shut the noise out and reconnect to my inner thoughts on the road to feeling more at one with myself. Fleabag

3. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 21, 2019, 11:48 GinRummy

I backed this and was okay with changes early, but was glad they went back to the old design. The new vids look great, but that is sorta the problem, they look too clean. Needs some greasy, moldy, dirty, muddy bits around. This is an old abandoned working station full of dead people. The cleaning staff is long gone.  

2. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 21, 2019, 11:32 Turd Ferguson

aka_STEVE wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 11:26:
We blew the other million+$+ people gave us , so we need to get more backers elsewhere to get it done..??

I was really interested in this project (never backed it) but this is starting to sound like Star Citizen now.

Hookers and blow are expensive!

Aye, I backed it, it was my moment of nostalgic weakness, now just wrote it off as "Gullible Tax"

1. Re: System Shock Video Shows Off Final Art Jan 21, 2019, 11:26 aka_STEVE

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo