Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Metaverse

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 22, 2019, 13:39 Beamer

sliv wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 21:55:
No, empathy meter is just fine, thanks.

Stable job, until it's not.

It's funny how small business owners have the "worst mindset", compared to who? People who willingly go into a job having a single focused skill set that doesn't translate to anything outside of their seemingly stable job so when said job is in jeopardy they have no where else to go? Sounds like my mindset has a better chance for a future, but okay.

To say something is "obvious" means you believe your opinion is shared by everyone. It's not, so don't use 'obvious' when you very well could be part of a very small vocal minority. But you wouldn't know.

I mean, it's obvious you don't understand how temp agencies function. You think you would, given your small business, but perhaps you don't actually have employees, and have never really been one, so you don't understand how hiring works and just make sweeping generalizations with no experience supporting it?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 21, 2019, 21:55 sliv

No, empathy meter is just fine, thanks.

Stable job, until it's not.

It's funny how small business owners have the "worst mindset", compared to who? People who willingly go into a job having a single focused skill set that doesn't translate to anything outside of their seemingly stable job so when said job is in jeopardy they have no where else to go? Sounds like my mindset has a better chance for a future, but okay.

To say something is "obvious" means you believe your opinion is shared by everyone. It's not, so don't use 'obvious' when you very well could be part of a very small vocal minority. But you wouldn't know.

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 21, 2019, 20:40 RedEye9

Beamer wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 20:23:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 19:30:
Hey Sliv, I was think your empathy meter is broken.

You know most of those workers are required to be at work even though they aren't getting paychecks, right? Also, for a lot of these workers, their skillset is very specific to their Federal job, and not easily replicable in the private sector.

Plus, it's exceptionally difficult to get a job when you can be called back to your other job literally any day now. So even if you are furloughed and at home, no staffing agency wants to speak with you because it takes a long while, and quite a bit of resources, to get you gauged and in the system. It isn't worth the potentially short term investment. Not when plenty of other people are on the roster.

And it's hard to compare this to "my own business." People went to a government job because it's stable. Comparing that to an entrepreneur who could fuck up at any time seems wrong.

Small business owners often have the worst mindset, which is why they're generally the absolute worst employers. They're the most entitled, which says a lot, given the Fortune 500 CEO.
It baffles the shit out of me why the obvious needs to be explained. But thanks for doing it beam.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 21, 2019, 20:23 Beamer

jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 19:30:

You know most of those workers are required to be at work even though they aren't getting paychecks, right? Also, for a lot of these workers, their skillset is very specific to their Federal job, and not easily replicable in the private sector.

Plus, it's exceptionally difficult to get a job when you can be called back to your other job literally any day now. So even if you are furloughed and at home, no staffing agency wants to speak with you because it takes a long while, and quite a bit of resources, to get you gauged and in the system. It isn't worth the potentially short term investment. Not when plenty of other people are on the roster.

And it's hard to compare this to "my own business." People went to a government job because it's stable. Comparing that to an entrepreneur who could fuck up at any time seems wrong.

Small business owners often have the worst mindset, which is why they're generally the absolute worst employers. They're the most entitled, which says a lot, given the Fortune 500 CEO.

-------------

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 21, 2019, 20:16 RedEye9

GoFundMe garners more and more of my respect with every article.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 21, 2019, 19:30 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 21, 2019, 18:46 Beamer

sliv wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 17:18:
These people have skills so finely tuned and precise that they are only applicable to the most segregated of tasks.

And that's an excuse for....? Sorry to hear they're not getting a paycheck, but I already pay taxes (a lot) for their incomes. If I decide to work for a company that goes under, I look for another job; GoFundMe is not the answer. Correct me if I'm wrong but we're not getting a tax break on next year's taxes during the shut down. Nope, we keep right on paying.

This is why I'm against a big government; complete lack of control for individuals. When the shut down ends, they'll get back-pay for the time it was shut down. They'll still get paid for time they weren't working...

I understand with the level of debt citizens of this country are in, living paycheck-to-paycheck is considered the norm. So when the unexpected hits, they're not prepared. There's an illusion of comfort thinking that big ol' cash cow will just keep giving out milk. I own a small business and my wife works for a 3-person company. We understand if customers stop walking in my door or my wife's boss/owner decides to close shop, we deal with it because that's the decision we made. The unexpected always strikes, the level of severity is based on how prepared you are for it.

Too many 'helpless victims'. Stop whining about your bad luck, pick yourself back up, and find a way to get through it. Reminds me of my 6 year old shouting "it's not fair!" and then blaming everyone within earshot.

Geez, I can hardly trust the government to get a letter mailed on time, no way I'd rely on them for a paycheck.

Pick yourself up by your bootstraps, Mr. Galt!

MEMEMEMEMEME!

-------------

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 21, 2019, 17:18 sliv

These people have skills so finely tuned and precise that they are only applicable to the most segregated of tasks.

And that's an excuse for....? Sorry to hear they're not getting a paycheck, but I already pay taxes (a lot) for their incomes. If I decide to work for a company that goes under, I look for another job; GoFundMe is not the answer. Correct me if I'm wrong but we're not getting a tax break on next year's taxes during the shut down. Nope, we keep right on paying.

This is why I'm against a big government; complete lack of control for individuals. When the shut down ends, they'll get back-pay for the time it was shut down. They'll still get paid for time they weren't working...

I understand with the level of debt citizens of this country are in, living paycheck-to-paycheck is considered the norm. So when the unexpected hits, they're not prepared. There's an illusion of comfort thinking that big ol' cash cow will just keep giving out milk. I own a small business and my wife works for a 3-person company. We understand if customers stop walking in my door or my wife's boss/owner decides to close shop, we deal with it because that's the decision we made. The unexpected always strikes, the level of severity is based on how prepared you are for it.

Too many 'helpless victims'. Stop whining about your bad luck, pick yourself back up, and find a way to get through it. Reminds me of my 6 year old shouting "it's not fair!" and then blaming everyone within earshot.

Geez, I can hardly trust the government to get a letter mailed on time, no way I'd rely on them for a paycheck.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 21, 2019, 13:41 beigemore

Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2019, 13:20:
How about a list I can sort alphabetically, FFS?

And these workers can't go out and find temp work because? There's zero shortage of it out there.

Bro, you gotta relax. These people have skills so finely tuned and precise that they are only applicable to the most segregated of tasks.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 21, 2019, 13:20 Cutter

How about a list I can sort alphabetically, FFS?

And these workers can't go out and find temp work because? There's zero shortage of it out there.

"Well, what do you believe in, Wade? I'm guessing shotguns and big titties." - Max

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo