Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Ace Combat 7 VR May Come to PCs

VentureBeat notes indications that the PSVR-only virtual reality missions in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown may come to PC's in one year. The Windows edition of the game won't take off until February 1st, but it's now out for consoles. After picking up a copy, they note the PlayStation 4 packaging has clues that the VR elements are a timed exclusive, suggesting eventual support for Rift and/or Vive headsets:
On the front of the PS4 edition’s physical case it clearly states: “Play VR Missions first on PS4” and then below that in tiny print also states: “VR Missions exclusive to PS4 until January 18, 2020,” which implies the VR content could make its way over to PC VR headsets like Rift and Vive on or after that date.
View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 21, 2019, 01:47 Mordecai Walfish

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 20, 2019, 11:58:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 20, 2019, 03:24:
Just what the fledgling VR industry needs to help gain some traction: timed exclusives Rolleyes

It isn't like this would change the game either way. It will be a cool experience to look forward to as an owner, but I don't see this being a game changer.

If there is a game changer it's in future HW releases, they are going to have to clean up the things that are mentioned over and over, fence sitters today are now waiting since they waited this long, a little birdy in your head tells us this.

New improved and economically prices hw is needed. I think it will be a blend of better specs and standalone/steaming sets that will be the next jump, aka no wires. Why? Because as an owner that is what I'm waiting for now. Yes I acknowledge there are people that will never have VR and mainstream isn't a goal of mine, I don't need that. Just want improvements where needed, already tons of software.

Sounds like a 'which came first the chicken or the egg?' situation. Do we need good software or good hardware first? I think we need compelling reasons to get people to buy good hardware, and Ace Combat's VR portion is supposed to be one of the best experiences on that platform (PSVR) so far, so it is disappointing to see that the broader VR industry is not able to share in that, especially now when it needs the exposure.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 20, 2019, 11:58 HorrorScope

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 20, 2019, 03:24:
Just what the fledgling VR industry needs to help gain some traction: timed exclusives Rolleyes

It isn't like this would change the game either way. It will be a cool experience to look forward to as an owner, but I don't see this being a game changer.

If there is a game changer it's in future HW releases, they are going to have to clean up the things that are mentioned over and over, fence sitters today are now waiting since they waited this long, a little birdy in your head tells us this.

New improved and economically prices hw is needed. I think it will be a blend of better specs and standalone/steaming sets that will be the next jump, aka no wires. Why? Because as an owner that is what I'm waiting for now. Yes I acknowledge there are people that will never have VR and mainstream isn't a goal of mine, I don't need that. Just want improvements where needed, already tons of software.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 20, 2019, 04:40 Reactor

Borderlands VR is the first...  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 20, 2019, 03:24 Mordecai Walfish

2. Re: Ace Combat 7 VR May Come to PCs Jan 19, 2019, 17:21 HoSpanky

jdreyer wrote on Jan 19, 2019, 12:58:
In a year, the game should be $5, so getting it just for the VR missions should be viable.

Exactly what I was thinking. Not a big fan of Ace Combat, you basically fly in circles. But it could be cool in VR.

1. Re: Ace Combat 7 VR May Come to PCs Jan 19, 2019, 12:58 jdreyer

In a year, the game should be $5, so getting it just for the VR missions should be viable.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >