Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed

A tweet from Jeff Braddock has word from the North American Community Manager for Battlefield that microtransactions are being delayed in Battlefield V, DICE's military shooter sequel. He explains they are holding off until they can work out a "final fix" for Company Coin accrual at max rank (thanks MP1ST). In a break from how players often complain about the inclusion of microtransactions, the post deals with discontent with the delay:
We’ve actually delayed MTX until the CC issue is resolved and retroactive grants are done. But since that doesn’t fit your narrative, we’ll end this conversation here. Have a good day.
View : : :
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed
Jan 20, 2019, 23:33
Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 20, 2019, 23:33
Jan 20, 2019, 23:33

Slick wrote on Jan 19, 2019, 09:32:
Milk. Cows. It's nonsense.

Pull your heads out of your asses sheeple. I know outrage is the favour-du-jour in today's society, but wake the fuck up.

"Cosmetic-only MTX to fund continuing DLC development that's free for all players."

If you want to try and turn that into a negative, you're going to have to try a lot harder.

Gone are the days of just shouting "COW MILK" into the void. You actually have to show off some mental gymnastics to demonstrate the pretzel you're twisting yourself into to say this is bad.

Go on, the floor is yours. Tell us all how funding post-launch development with cosmetics is a bad thing. We're dying to hear it.

Let me guess. late teens early twenty something and from North America?

Jan 19, 2019, 12:20
Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 19, 2019, 12:20
Jan 19, 2019, 12:20

Are these cosmtic only though? I thought the Tides of War unlocks would be available via the Armory for purchase with in game credits at some point.

I am fine with that as long as the amount of credits required isn't insane, because I've missed a couple weeks due to work and RL, so I'm missing a few ToW unlocks.(Some weapons and cosmetics are unlocked via Tides of War)

Alternatively, leave the Tides of War shit on ALL THE TIME, as would make sense for any game that isn't a job, so people can unlock them at their own pace/as their schedules allow.

I'm not overly fond of being forced into other game modes either, but I can tolerate it as long as it doesn't take 50 matches.

Jan 19, 2019, 11:24
Slick

Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 19, 2019, 11:24
Jan 19, 2019, 11:24
 Slick

Rhett wrote on Jan 19, 2019, 10:00:
Yeeeah, it's a pretty fun game too. It's just being handled poorly, sadly. So, so, so many bugs. You'd swear it was their first Battlefield there's so many bugs/issues.

I Think that every Battlefield launch for the past 16 years have each been "their first battlefield". It just wouldn't be the same without bugs on launch.

Hey at least it's not the Bethesda RPG engine...

All that being said, care to mention the bugs? Cause I really don't notice them. Perhaps I am immune to the minor annoyances of frostbite, but the only thing that gets me is not being able to vault over something that I clearly should be able to, or occasionally getting stuck on some difficult terrain. But that shit's been going on with BF forever, even in the pre-frostbite era.

Jan 19, 2019, 10:00
Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 19, 2019, 10:00
Jan 19, 2019, 10:00

Yeeeah, it's a pretty fun game too. It's just being handled poorly, sadly. So, so, so many bugs. You'd swear it was their first Battlefield there's so many bugs/issues.

Jan 19, 2019, 09:32
Slick

Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 19, 2019, 09:32
Jan 19, 2019, 09:32
 Slick

Milk. Cows. It's nonsense.

Pull your heads out of your asses sheeple. I know outrage is the favour-du-jour in today's society, but wake the fuck up.

"Cosmetic-only MTX to fund continuing DLC development that's free for all players."

If you want to try and turn that into a negative, you're going to have to try a lot harder.

Gone are the days of just shouting "COW MILK" into the void. You actually have to show off some mental gymnastics to demonstrate the pretzel you're twisting yourself into to say this is bad.

Go on, the floor is yours. Tell us all how funding post-launch development with cosmetics is a bad thing. We're dying to hear it.

Jan 19, 2019, 04:28
El Pit

Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 19, 2019, 04:28
Jan 19, 2019, 04:28
 El Pit

DICE: "We are still analyzing the cows to understand how to milk them just hard enough so they don't die before Battlefield VI has been released."
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)
Founder, president, and only member of the official "Grumpy Old Gamers Club". Please do not apply.

Jan 19, 2019, 03:33
Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 19, 2019, 03:33
Jan 19, 2019, 03:33

aka_STEVE wrote on Jan 18, 2019, 21:38:
said no one, ever......
I dunno, being a MP only game, I assume most people will be playing with their friends. BFV MTs are cosmetic only. Wanting to gussy up your avatar to impress/make your friends laugh will be a thing. Or maybe a squad wants all the same look. BFV MTs are essentially BF meets The Sims. Better that than the alternative: P2W or bifurcated player base due to map pack DLC. Maybe they'll start to allow user created maps if the game is successful via just cosmetics.
If Russia stops fighting, the war ends. If Ukraine stops fighting, Ukraine ends. Slava Ukraini!

Jan 18, 2019, 23:03
Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 18, 2019, 23:03
Jan 18, 2019, 23:03

Translation: We want to avoid a shitstorm since we're launching Anthem next month. We'll make sure to milk you gullible suckers extra hard once that's done though so stay tuned.

Jan 18, 2019, 21:38
Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 18, 2019, 21:38
Jan 18, 2019, 21:38

said no one, ever......

Jan 18, 2019, 19:56
Re: Battlefield V Microtransactions Delayed Jan 18, 2019, 19:56
Jan 18, 2019, 19:56

I can't believe I'm about to say this but I actually want microtransactions in this game.

There you have it.
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older