Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll

Xbox Ideas is polling users to help Microsoft understand what gamers want from Windows 10 (thanks PCGamesN). The answer, of course, is Windows 7, but that's probably not what they want to hear. Perhaps this will all lead to another of those recommitments to gaming they declare every few years or so. Here's what they're asking:

Team Xbox would love to hear how you’d like to see gaming on Windows improved. How can Windows 10 enhance your gaming experience? What features would you like added or changed to make gaming on Windows 10 even better? Create suggestions, vote for suggestions, and leave comments below!

• What do you want Windows to do (or stop doing) while you’re playing a game?
  • What can Windows do to optimize your gaming experience?
  • What other gaming features would you like to see?

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 20, 2019, 12:05 HorrorScope

I would say 95% of the things listed here are even on the board to consider. Perhaps the question should be, what do we want that we know MS would have any intention of ever doing or has control of?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 19, 2019, 21:25 Spektr

What I want? First thing first, I don't want "PC gaming" to be handled by "Team Xbox", come back when that matter is sorted.  

18. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 19, 2019, 13:47 saluk

Get out of the way.

- Boot faster
- Have less viruses
- Have updates not need to restart the pc
- Have updates be actually beta tested
- Have updates not interrupt the game
- Be stable
- Stop collecting data

Like, focus on the fundamentals. I've had more issues this year that were strictly windows 10 related than in the past several.

17. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 19, 2019, 12:06 Cutter

Seriously. Why do they even bother wasting the time and money with this bullshit? I'm sure whatever drones are involved with it love it because they're getting paid to do nothing but that sort of waste should piss off investors. Why are they even asking questions to which they already know the answers? Stop selling fucking Windows as a service and dataraping me if you want me to come on board with new Windows. Fuck gaming features, other people already do that better and cheaper. Just make it stable, fast, and easy to use. It's not rocket surgery.

“There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” - Will Rogers

16. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jan 19, 2019, 09:09 Drath71

SMITE wrote on Jan 19, 2019, 01:44:
I want them to stop pretending they give a shit about PC gaming.

That, or bring back GFWL.

I can't decide which.

Man, this sums it up for me. I don't have a problem with Windows 10. But the PC is THE most successful gaming platform ever. I want them to actually GET that, and appreciate it and see the potential.

15. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 19, 2019, 07:58 Numinar

The store is garbage and the install management is as bare bones as you can get but the thing works.

The play anywhere stuff is good if you have an Xbox One (Burn him! Burn the witch!). Forza Horizon 4 and Sea of Thieves work great, I play them networked with the kid often and I only have one netflix gamepass bill, and somehow it's ok with those games running on WIN10 and XB1X at the same time/in the same instance so with the constant stream of new and often very decent shit to play (Ashen rules) it's super worth it. Reminds me of when Sony was behind in sales and had to bribe everyone with awesome free stuff on PSN. Hope they keep it up! Gears 4 also works super well. Microsoft Games Studios seems to have gotten their shit together for the first time since Age of Empires 2.

14. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 19, 2019, 07:33 Burrito of Peace

Don't listen to the haters, MS. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Because that will lead to more development in to things like Vulkan and Proton which just keep making Linux better.

13. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 19, 2019, 06:25 Jonjonz

Why can't this software giant make compatibility modes that let you play older small window resolutions at modern wide screen resolutions with out having to fiddle with registry settings and individual game ini files?

Why is the game dvr feature so half baked? Either do a full featured screen recorder or kill this lame no options joke.

There is nothing outside a person that by going in can defile, but things that come out are what defile.
Mark 7:1-8, 14-15, 21-23

12. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 19, 2019, 03:45 jdreyer

Thing is, the MS game store should be huge and eating into Steam's market share. There are so many complaints about Steam out there that it basically serves as a blueprint of how to make a decent store. Given that, I have to think that they just don't give a shit since they treat their store as an afterthought.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

11. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 19, 2019, 01:44 SMITE

I want them to stop pretending they give a shit about PC gaming.

That, or bring back GFWL.

I can't decide which.

10. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 19, 2019, 01:23 ItBurn

RedEye9 wrote on Jan 18, 2019, 20:26:
The no. 1 thing gamers want from Windows 10?
A The answer, of course, is Windows 7

Blue's been nailing em lately.

Yeah absolute gold.

But, are you guys mad? No one mentioned that we don't want the Windows 10 app store and games exclusive to it? This is by far the best step to help PC gaming.

9. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 19, 2019, 01:11 Ant

Better QA testing. Less issues. No spying!  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

8. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 19, 2019, 01:01 Muscular Beaver

Because programs like Razer Cortex actually work, MS shouldnt be asking those questions.  

Sick of waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

7. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 18, 2019, 22:57 Creston

I don't want you to DO anything while I'm playing a game. Stop fucking interrupting games for updates or whatever other horseshit you feel can't wait two fucking hours.

You can optimize my gaming experience by turning all your fucking bloatware off. And not just in "game mode", but on fucking startup.

For you to make an actual GAMING OS for a change.

6. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 18, 2019, 22:46 Joss

When can we start paying a yearly fee to Microshit to play games on PC?
We all know that's what the f*ckers want.

5. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 18, 2019, 22:33 jdreyer

A small memory footprint.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 18, 2019, 21:09 KS

NO SPYING!  

3. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 18, 2019, 20:26 RedEye9

Q The no. 1 thing gamers want from Windows 10?
A The answer, of course, is Windows 7

Blue's been nailing em lately.

“Yeah, I’d like to order one large phone with extra phones, please.” “Cell phone. No-no-no-no, rotary! And pay phone on half.”

2. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 18, 2019, 19:55 Darks

How about they stop forcing you to keep your firewall on because XBox app freaks out with Teredo NAT Blocking errors because the firewall is not on. and fix your damn market place.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: MS Gaming on Windows 10 Poll Jan 18, 2019, 19:48 CJ_Parker

The no. 1 thing I want from Windows 10 gaming? Simple. Keep all that Xbox garbage away from my PC, Mickeysoft. It's my PC. I'm using it for Windows PC gaming or DirectX gaming, not Xbox.

I mean, it's nice that I can manually delete the Xbox shit via Powershell commands but it would be preferable to not even have that abysmal crap polluting the SSD in the first place.

Otherwise, it's outright fucking super-scary when they ask what they can do to "optimize" the gaming experience. Time to be afraid, VERY afraid of what that might entail. Sounds like nutsack kicking time.

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo