Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room

Bethesda is cracking down on Fallout 76 players using items illicitly obtained through the recently discovered secret developer's room in the RPG sequel. They ensured the news would get it's widest reach by posting it in Polish on Facebook, but Eurogamer got an official English translation on the remote chance it would help spread the news further. Word is accounts with such items are receiving temporary bans after giving players almost a week to accumulate their ill-gotten gains:

"We are looking into accounts where players have obtained items by accessing areas of the game that are not intended for the public. These areas are only accessible to PC players that are using 3rd party applications to get into these areas."

"In an effort to ensure the integrity of these characters and accounts, these accounts are being temporarily disabled pending further investigation. Players that have accessed these areas and have had their accounts impacted are encouraged to contact our support team."

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 21:27 Sprawl

Reminds me of how back in EverQuest days there were a bunch of tricks that weren’t really hacks but could get you into special areas by logging in and out in certain ways. Sometimes you could sit in front of a door and when you logged back in you would be a couple pixels into the door, rinse repeat a few times and you’re in.

Another one was jumping into “The Hole” which was supposed to kill you except if you pulled your connection after jumping you’d log back in and be standing safely on the bottom.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 20:36 GothicWizard

Just when I am like... nahh there is NO WAY they can turn this into even more a cluterfuck. They somehow.. someway.. manage to do that. *golf clap* Well done... WELL DONE.  

15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2019, 20:12 Mordecai Walfish

Morrowind also has multiplayer working in OpenMW

Tremendous undertaking in any of the core elder scrolls games with the gargantuan amount of variables in those worlds that can turn in to bugs when you add heavy modifications to the game/engine. expect a lot of bugs in any multiplayer mods for tes

14. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 17:10 ledhead1969

https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/482867-skyrim-co-op-guide-8-player-multiplayer  

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2019, 16:52 Osc8r

Darks wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 15:11:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 14:48:
Anyone who is still playing this shitshow of a game should take note that it will *never* be secured. 20 year old engine that modders have had more time to play with than pretty much any other.. yeah good luck with that.

Darks wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 12:48:
They need to pull the plug on the MMO side and give us the ability to host our own Severs. problem solved, no more BS to worry about cheaters and hackers. This experiment failed, time to move on and allow players to host their own Coop servers.

If there is any way to salvage this dumpster fire, that would probably be it. Chances of that happening are near zero though, as that does not fit with their "live service" business model with the game.

Well, Bethesda did come out and say they were going to add player hosting in the future. Just how long that takes is another wonder.

Personally, I cant wait for the Coop Skyrim Multiplayer Mod thats coming out real soon.

Thanks for reminding me! Was looking at that like a year back. I didn't follow it to closely as i usually end up getting disappointed as a lot of these co-op projects just disappear, don't even work, or get sued by the actual publisher. Great to hear this one is still progressing, as that's all i've ever wanted from this franchise - co-op! Not that 'ESO MMO' crap... which was just as bad as Fallout 76 IMO.

12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2019, 15:11 Darks

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 14:48:
Anyone who is still playing this shitshow of a game should take note that it will *never* be secured. 20 year old engine that modders have had more time to play with than pretty much any other.. yeah good luck with that.

They need to pull the plug on the MMO side and give us the ability to host our own Severs. problem solved, no more BS to worry about cheaters and hackers. This experiment failed, time to move on and allow players to host their own Coop servers.

If there is any way to salvage this dumpster fire, that would probably be it. Chances of that happening are near zero though, as that does not fit with their "live service" business model with the game.

Well, Bethesda did come out and say they were going to add player hosting in the future. Just how long that takes is another wonder.

Personally, I cant wait for the Coop Skyrim Multiplayer Mod thats coming out real soon.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 17, 2019, 14:48 Mordecai Walfish

10. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 14:38 Creston

Prez wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 14:35:
Creston wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 10:03:
Fallout 76: The clusterfuck that keeps on fucking.

I wonder if Todd is going to get as many cheers and applause when he next goes on stage somewhere to reveal a new game. Their reputation is totally in the shitter now.

I especially enjoy the videos that play clips of the disastrous final product over soundbytes of Howard making false claim after false claim at the E3 conference. "It just works". LOL.

"SIXTEEN TIMES THE DETAIL!"

9. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 14:35 Prez

Creston wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 10:03:

I wonder if Todd is going to get as many cheers and applause when he next goes on stage somewhere to reveal a new game. Their reputation is totally in the shitter now.

I especially enjoy the videos that play clips of the disastrous final product over soundbytes of Howard making false claim after false claim at the E3 conference. "It just works". LOL.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 12:48 Darks

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2019, 11:54  Blue 

El Pit wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 11:49:
https://youtu.be/Ps317u9Rhl0?t=99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9yBPcn8IqU

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

6. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 11:49 El Pit

https://youtu.be/Ps317u9Rhl0?t=99  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

5. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 11:21 Wallshadows

What makes this even worse is that, initially, they had asked those who were able to get in to the room to tell Bethesda how they did it.  

4. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 10:30 HorrorScope

If they just started with coop versions of their game, it wets their feet in mp gaming and these things here wouldn't matter and well it's something more people were asking for. Talk about taking your lumps, he wasn't lying when he said they didn't know much about MP, sounds like they should have used some of their money to bring some pro's in.  

3. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 10:24 RedEye9

I'm waiting on the mobile version.  

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

2. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 10:03 Creston

1. Re: Fallout 76: There's No Sex in the Developer's Room Jan 17, 2019, 09:56 Drayth

I guess the removal of the developer room from the public build of the game is just too radical an idea for any of these guys to consider.  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo