Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Far Cry New Dawn System Specs

Ubisoft announces PC system requirements for Far Cry New Dawn, the next installment in the first-person shooter series. "We are very proud of what our team achieved with the PC version of Far Cry New Dawn and cannot wait for PC players to discover the post-apocalyptic scenario we've created," said Raphael Parent, tech director at Ubisoft Montreal. "The bold art direction we have taken for this game is all about a colorful, hopeful, and inviting world, which we know will benefit a great deal from the power of current PC hardware. We hope that players will love the fresh new look of Far Cry New Dawn." Here are the specifications:

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION:

• OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.1 GHz or AMD FX 6350 @ 3.9 GHz
  • RAM: 8GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) or AMD Radeon R9 270X (2GB) or better
  • RESOLUTION: 720p
  • VIDEO PRESET: Low
  • DIRECTX: DirectX June2010 Redistributable
  • SOUND: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
  • HARD DRIVE: 30 GB available space
  • PERIPHERALS: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, headset

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION:

• OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz
  • RAM: 8GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290X (4GB) or better
  • RESOLUTION: 1080p
  • VIDEO PRESET: High

4K 30FPS CONFIGURATION:

• OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.6 GHz or equivalent
  • RAM: 16GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB) or AMD RX Vega 56 (8GB) or better
  • RESOLUTION: 2160p
  • VIDEO PRESET: High

4K 60FPS CONFIGURATION:

• OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 (64bit versions only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4 GHz or equivalent
  • RAM: 16GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI (8GB) or AMD RX Vega 56 CFX (8GB) or better
  • RESOLUTION: 2160p
  • VIDEO PRESET: Ultra

* Processor support for SSE4.1 instruction set required

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 17, 2019, 12:45 CJ_Parker

Beamer wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 09:21:
Kain wrote on Jan 17, 2019, 09:16:
Creston wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 11:29:
They say "fresh new look they created" and all I see is "Hey, we copied a bunch of shit from Fallout and Rage 2 trailers."

It may still be cool, but they need to dial down the "Chaos ensues!" bananas crap from FC5. Some chaos is fun. Way too much just ruins the experience. (imo)

Spot on man. FC5 was annoying, there was no real downtime and you were just constantly fighting this ridiculous brawl across the map. The game even lectures you about fighting too much and not stopping to enjoy the sights! We would love to do that Ubisoft, if you guys could stop over stuffing your games full of repetitive nonsense.

Ubisoft is the insecure partner of the game publishing world, trying way too hard to win your approval constantly. They always over engineer their products to the point of absurdity.

I disagree a decent amount about FC5. To me, it was too quiet. The more you played, the less there was to do. If you conquered an area, the enemies disappeared, meaning you could go about it freely with no danger. Your fights were limited to one "boss," meaning you stayed in one area, not going across the map, and once you beat that area it was a complete safe zone. Once you beat the game, there's absolutely no one to fight. Just a bad mechanic. You gave me guns, stop taking away things for me to use them on!

I agree. IIRC, enemy presence depended on the number of outposts in a region so you could actively reduce the enemy numbers by simply taking out all the outposts. I even remember a tutorial tip along those lines.
Well, and once you had beaten the region's boss it got even quieter which was nice.

I also thought the game gave you enough options to get away from too much action. You were almost untouchable in any heli or plane for example.

Overall it was really good whacky fun in my opinion. I mean Hurk alone was almost worth playing it. What a hicky dumbfuck! It was hilarious how he fired his bazooka at anything and everyone even when his target was only 3ft away.

And if you brought Adelaide along for the second slot... wow, it makes you wonder who at Ubi came up with that kind of dialogue between those two nutters and what substances they consumed to come up with that batshit insane stuff. Good times.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 17, 2019, 11:23 Xero

They say "fresh new look they created" and all I see is "Hey, we copied a bunch of shit from Fallout and Rage 2 trailers."

It may still be cool, but they need to dial down the "Chaos ensues!" bananas crap from FC5. Some chaos is fun. Way too much just ruins the experience. (imo)

Spot on man. FC5 was annoying, there was no real downtime and you were just constantly fighting this ridiculous brawl across the map. The game even lectures you about fighting too much and not stopping to enjoy the sights! We would love to do that Ubisoft, if you guys could stop over stuffing your games full of repetitive nonsense.

Ubisoft is the insecure partner of the game publishing world, trying way too hard to win your approval constantly. They always over engineer their products to the point of absurdity.

Yeah FC5 becomes a nonstop choir of "quests" being given. You are on your way to accomplish one thing only to bump into another and now you get side tracked only to be side tracked from the side track and yeah. It becomes a nonstop wtf should I actually do, oh let me just start shooting baddies because that is always good. Oh wait I just accomplished something that I didn't initially intend to do.

Primarily playing ATM: CS Go, DUSK, Ion Maiden, FarCry New Dawn, 20XX

25. Re: On Sale Jan 17, 2019, 10:44 gilly775

I would guess they worked on this before Rage 2. I mean how would they know what the folks at Avalanche were doing? Probably had the idea back when they started FC5.

24. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 17, 2019, 09:21 Beamer

I disagree a decent amount about FC5. To me, it was too quiet. The more you played, the less there was to do. If you conquered an area, the enemies disappeared, meaning you could go about it freely with no danger. Your fights were limited to one "boss," meaning you stayed in one area, not going across the map, and once you beat that area it was a complete safe zone. Once you beat the game, there's absolutely no one to fight. Just a bad mechanic. You gave me guns, stop taking away things for me to use them on!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

23. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 17, 2019, 09:16 Kain

22. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 17, 2019, 08:15 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 20:16:
FC5 did some crazy shit with the CPU. My delidded 8700K was running at over 90C like in Prime torture test with AVX and small FFTs. I have no idea what those Ubi monkeys coded there but they probably should have had less bliss.
I haven't seen temps anywhere near that in any other game. The delidded 8700K is usually in the mid 70Cs at the very highest.

How many busted-ass ports do we need to get from Ubisoft Kiev before people realize they are fucking GARBAGE at making PC ports?

21. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 17, 2019, 08:13 Creston

Quinn wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 17:04:

Those last two sentences is an entire Just Cause 4 review.

Well the sad thing is that JC4 dialed it down too much. JC2 was fun because the whole thing wasn't meant to be taken seriously, the voice actors had fun doing their whole over-the-top camp thing, the soldiers were essentially just the hilariously incompetent soldiers you'd see in some banana republic dictatorship, the map was full of silly crap, etc.

JC4 takes itself SO FUCKING SERIOUSLY, it's just become stupid. The cutscenes in it may genuinely be the worst amateur-drama level shit mankind has ever witnessed. I think if you add it all up, there's probably at least an hour of footage of Rico standing there, looking all deep in thought with frowny eyebrows while the camera slowly pans towards him or away from him. It's terrible.

The gameplay is still pretty good, but I have no idea how you can make JC2, which is awesome, make JC3, which is a better game mechanically in every aspect, but has a boring map and less fun, take that criticism to heart, and then make JC4 the most dull and boring JC there's been... Sigh

There was one thing JC3 did right, and that was give us these giant chaos installations to blow up. Do they make a return in JC4? Reader, they do not.

Avalanche is clearly a studio full of nothing but imbeciles, and they literally have NO CLUE why JC2 was as cool as it was.

20. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 23:30 Steele Johnson

Far Cry: Hello Kitty  

"The hardest thing to do is to be true to yourself, especially when everybody is watching." - Dave Chappelle

19. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 20:16 CJ_Parker

FC5 did some crazy shit with the CPU. My delidded 8700K was running at over 90C like in Prime torture test with AVX and small FFTs. I have no idea what those Ubi monkeys coded there but they probably should have had less bliss.
I haven't seen temps anywhere near that in any other game. The delidded 8700K is usually in the mid 70Cs at the very highest.

18. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 19:25 RedEye9

Rigs wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 18:42:
Ubisoft! You just coded my rig right out of the game. Thank you very fucking much!
It might be time http://www.cpu-world.com/Glossary/S/SSE4.1.html

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

17. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 18:42 Rigs

Oh, fuck right off, Ubisoft! You just coded my rig right out of the game. Thank you very fucking much!

=-Rigs-=

16. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 17:55 HorrorScope

Hope it is tweaked a little better than FC5, it was a bit piggy if you ask me. There is some pretty cool AI moments in this game. Hopefully they tightened it all up well and yeah it's going to be 1/2 that before I nab it.  

15. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 17:04 Quinn

Those last two sentences is an entire Just Cause 4 review.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

14. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 16:31 Cutter

Way too much purple and pink. Pass.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

13. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 14:39 Acleacius

Not to mention uplay and the high probability of denvo.  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

12. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 13:32 VaranDragon

Watter wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 12:50:
I only made it halfway through FC4 and I skipped FC5 altogether. That said, I rather liked the idea of a bright colorful "natural" post-apocalyptic mad-max-ish setting. Now that I've had a break from it, I could stand heading back in for the somewhat shallow story and combat of the series again in this particular setting. I'm far more willing to suspend belief for this kind of thing than I am a wide-ranging super powerful christian cult in the middle of Montana.

By bright and colorful do you mean a pink and purple FC5? Because that's what it looks like. Even the guns are pink and purple, must be some kind top secret super weapon that turned everything the color of an acid trip and subsequently caused most of the population to either go insane or commit suicide.

11. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 13:09 jacobvandy

Watter wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 12:50:
I only made it halfway through FC4 and I skipped FC5 altogether. That said, I rather liked the idea of a bright colorful "natural" post-apocalyptic mad-max-ish setting. Now that I've had a break from it, I could stand heading back in for the somewhat shallow story and combat of the series again in this particular setting. I'm far more willing to suspend belief for this kind of thing than I am a wide-ranging super powerful christian cult in the middle of Montana.

How hard do you need to suspend knowing that this apocalypse was caused by that cult's leader setting off a nuke?

10. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 12:50 Watter

9. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 12:18 Xero

El Pit wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 11:50:
A reskinned FC5 mod? I will buy it when it comes down to $30 or $20.

More like $10, $15 tops for me. For $15, I'd have to hear great things about it.

My biggest problem with all of these Far Cry games is that the formula gets old after you seen it all.

Sometimes all these open world sandbox games fall into the same patterns and this is where a linear based game, with a structured story that keeps you on rails has the advantage.

Primarily playing ATM: CS Go, DUSK, Ion Maiden, FarCry New Dawn, 20XX

8. Re: Far Cry New Dawn System Specs Jan 16, 2019, 12:14 Primalchrome

With regards to general mechanics, I'd enjoy seeing a decent FarCryesque game in this sort of environment. That said, I'm pretty tired of the over the top action and formulaic recycled story.  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo