Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled?

Kotaku reports a rumor that Electronic Arts has canceled their open-world Star Wars game. This is unconfirmed, but they attribute the news to "three people familiar with goings-on at the company." This is the action/adventure that was in development at EA Vancouver from the ashes of a more linear Star Wars game that was in development at Visceral Games until EA closed the studio in 2017. They say this is now likewise cancelled, though EA did not immediately respond to a request for comment. They also note that it is not clear what EA Vancouver's next new game will be, but they say they've heard it might be "a different Star Wars project."

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 16, 2019, 18:03 HorrorScope

christheshitter wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 10:06:
AAA-gaming is dead. The only ones left will be the twelveyear olds stealing mommys credidcard to buy their lootboxes.

Interesting I play AAA Games and I'm not using credit cards and lootboxes, must be different options out there.

Open World Star Wars am I supposed to have feelings for something I never knew?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 16, 2019, 10:06 christheshitter

Slick wrote on Jan 16, 2019, 02:35:
SWBF2 might be the last AAA SW game, and the last AAA EA game to not have any real monitization, and not much continuing content, but what's there is good.

AAA-gaming is dead. The only ones left will be the twelveyear olds stealing mommys credidcard to buy their lootboxes.

12. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 16, 2019, 08:09 Prez

EA execs said "Loot boxes and pay to win or GTFO."  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 16, 2019, 02:35 Slick

SWBF2 might be the last AAA SW game, and the last AAA EA game to not have any real monitization, and not much continuing content, but what's there is good.  

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

10. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 16, 2019, 02:10 Nucas

that just leaves the star wars game in development by respawn entertainment now to break the drought of mediocre star wars games nearly 15 years running.

jdreyer wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 22:00:
"Without the expected income from the lootboxes we designed for Open World Star Wars (TM) the project has become financially untenable, and we're forced to stop production."

utterly believable, the dragon age: inquisition sequel was cancelled and 1-2 years of pre-production was thrown in the garbage (this being the reason dragon age boss mike laidlaw quit bioware) because it didn't jibe with the new "live services" model; it's reportedly only in the works again because it was reworked for "long-term monetization".

9. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 16, 2019, 02:00 Avus

Fxxk this company. I am glad EA don't sell their game in Steam anymore. I don't even have the need to install Origin.

2 for 2 proved EA is suck with their exclusive license. The first one was Porsche. For the past decade, Porsche - one of the brand with rich motorsport history) had been missed on many great driving titles. (This is the reason why previous Playstation GT use Ruf)

And now Star Wars - one of the IP with so many stories are now exclusive to a fxxking game dev like to develop game with story telling mechanics.

Only fxxking dumb companies will give exclusive right to EA.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2019, 02:10.

“I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

8. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 16, 2019, 01:19 El Pit

What a great choice Disney made when they gave Star Wars exclusively to EA blinded by dollar bills in their eyes.  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

7. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 15, 2019, 23:11 Slick

Maybe now they can start releasing more content for SWBF2.... HA!

That being said, Dooku is coming out next week ^_^ I fucking love that game.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

6. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 15, 2019, 23:08 CJ_Parker

jdreyer wrote on Jan 15, 2019, 22:00:
"Without the expected income from the lootboxes we designed for Open World Star Wars (TM) the project has become financially untenable, and we're forced to stop production."

For this conclusion of utmost precision, I award you the venerable "Sherlock Holmes" badge, Sir!

5. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 15, 2019, 22:03 jdreyer

We get too many Warhammer games and not enough Star Wars games.  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 15, 2019, 22:00 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

3. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 15, 2019, 21:34 MattyC

Yes, but how many Bothans died to bring us this information?  

2. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 15, 2019, 21:00 Wallshadows

Even though we know little more about this game I can't wait to hear about how it was going to be the greatest SW game ever since 1313.  

1. Re: EA's Open World Star Wars Game Cancelled? Jan 15, 2019, 20:46 Kxmode

Star Wars: Immortal  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo