Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Tyranids Released

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Tyranids is now available for Windows and macOS on GOG.com and Steam, offering new DLC for Proxy Studios' Warhammer 40K strategy game. This requires the original game, and as the name suggests, it adds the Tyranids as a playable race. This trailer shows the Tyranids in action, revealing them to be a misunderstood species that's just looking for snacks. Here's the news, which also reveals that a new free update is also now available for the game adding 55 Steam Achievements, five of which are for the new DLC:
You can't live on bread alone. Warhammer 40K is a dark universe, but even in such a deadly place, there is one faction of a darker shade of black. The Tyranids are equally feared and hated by all other Warhammer 40K races, and they are ready to unleash their greedy snatch on Gladius. Taken on the planet by the Adeptus Mechanicus for obscure experiments, they soon evade from captivity and turn back to their natural role of merciless killers who will soon eat the planet.

Limbs with too many fangs will soon graps Gladius!

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius is a 4X strategy game, but Tyranids change every rule. Their most important resource is the planet biomass: they eat everything, from Orks to humans, their cities and their military equipment, to grow stronger as they devour their enemies wasted corpses. If you want to know more about their unique tactics and abilities, check out this feature.

Together with the Tyranids DLC, Warhammer 40,000: Gladius gets Steam Achievements in a free update! We listened to the communities' requests and now every player can battle for the 55 Achievements, 5 of which are specific for the Tyranids DLC.

If you want more info, just click here

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Tyranids Released Jan 16, 2019, 10:53 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks like it could get 100+ hours out of me... it's still on my Gog Wishlist/Sale list, and the base game is currently $10 off...hrm.

Or, wait for the GotY/combined version with all DLCs, choices, choices...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Tyranids Released Jan 15, 2019, 22:02 Osc8r

Couldn't really get into this, i think i may have been spoilt by Age of Wonders 3 (great game in co-op too).

That said i should give it another shot.

1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Tyranids Released Jan 15, 2019, 19:35 MisterBenn

Haven't played the DLC yet but I really recommend game if you fancy a lighter 4x/wargame hybrid. With no diplomacy and trade systems, it's fighting for territory all the way with fast turns and spending most of your time in action. The combat system is simple to get into but has a lot of depth and subtlety that becomes clear as you play more. The AI plays a mean game too, attacking in groups, retreating units from the front line to heal and so on. I have no previous expossure to Warhammer other than playing Dawn of War years ago but I've had a lot of fun with this regardless.  

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >