Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo

Steam now offers the promised "1-shot" demo for the Resident Evil 2 Remake. The one shot part refers to how this is designed to allow just 30 minutes to complete. Word is: "This specially tuned demo allows you to experience the newly reimagined Resident Evil 2, but be warned: whilst you can continue as many times as you like after dying, you'll only have 30 MINUTES to complete the demo." Those hoping to circumvent this time limitation may be interested in a post on DSOGaming with word on how to do so with a crack that can also provide infinite ammo. This involves a third-party download, so it's definitely a proceed with caution at your own risk situation, though DSoG says they've scanned the file and vouch for its safety. This post on Steam has tips on graphics settings and notes the demo supports ultra-wide aspect ratios. Here's more from the original post about this demo for the reimagined Resident Evil 2:

Leonís welcoming party may have been cancelled, but your escape from the police station has just begun. Similar to the demo that weíve had at various events since the game was first unveiled at E3 in 2018, youíll be able to explore the R.P.D. as you likeÖ but youíll be on a time limit. Once those thirty minutes are up, so is your demo! Fortunately, you can continue if you die, or if you complete the mission objective. However, just like in real life, you canít turn back the clock and you wonít be getting back the time you lost, so use what time you have wisely.

Play quickly and carefully if you want to see the end of the demo, and be sure to pick up any useful items you see laying around while conserving your ammo. It may be tempting to try and defeat every zombie that stands, or crawls, in your way, but sometimes itís better to use a few bullets to make an escape route than empty a clip on a monster that refuses to stay dead.

No matter how your demo ends, youíll get to see a brand-new trailer exclusive to the demo when itís done, giving you another taste of what to expect from Resident Evil 2 in just a few weeks.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 13, 2019, 13:37 CJ_Parker

Mac wrote on Jan 13, 2019, 04:08:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 12, 2019, 17:59:
30 minutes is batshit retarded. Mebbe it's cuz the game is short as fuck or something? Why else would they come up with this tard idea?

If anyone remembers the original Resi 2 demo (demo disk days) it had a 30 minute countdown timer on it. Maybe this is why it is the remake??? Just a thought!

Aaaahhhh well maybe they should have announced that somewhere if that were the case since it would make them look a lot less retarded.
I, for one, don't remember that original demo. I was probably too busy playing other stuff and back in the day I had always chalked off Resident Evil as poorly ported conslow garbage anyway.

WaltC wrote on Jan 13, 2019, 11:00:
Take a look at the Shadow of the Tomb Raider demo released recently--now that's the way to do a demo, imo.

Why? There was nothing special about it. It was a typical demo. You got to play a couple of levels and that was that.

If you want to talk about "the way to do a demo" then, for once, kudos to EA. Well, at least until recently. Ever since they launched Origin Premier it looks like they have done away with free trials but they used to have very generous free trials of their games.
Maybe they just haven't figured out how to bring back the trials under the sub service. Would be nice if they did...

I mean, you could play Battlefield 4 in multiplayer and single player for 168(!) hours. A full week straight. You could easily finish the single player campaign since there was no limit (they did subsequently put a limit on other free trials though so you could only play the single player up to a certain point and then it was cut off).

Most of their free trials were between six and ten hours. Very generous and you could check out what you wanted, i.e. single player, multiplayer or a mix of both since you basically got the whole game, just with a time limit. Disadvantage: The download size was full game size, too, of course.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 13, 2019, 11:00 WaltC

Take a look at the Shadow of the Tomb Raider demo released recently--now that's the way to do a demo, imo.  

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

14. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 13, 2019, 10:43 RedEye9

Mac wrote on Jan 13, 2019, 04:08:
30 minutes is crazy. Maybe it's because the game is short? Why else would they come up with this idea?

If anyone remembers the original Resi 2 demo (demo disk days) it had a 30 minute countdown timer on it. Maybe this is why it is the remake??? Just a thought!
DOH
The one person who hasn't fried their memory, with 50 hour gaming sessions, gets it right.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

13. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 13, 2019, 10:35 RedEye9

El Pit wrote on Jan 13, 2019, 06:33:
Gamers 2019: I wonder how much flak id Software would get for releasing a qtest in our times...
Holds the envelope containing the answer up to the light.
In it the word "INFINITE" can plainly be seen.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

12. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 13, 2019, 06:33 El Pit

Gamers 2019: "No demo, no buy! What - only a time-limited demo? I don't get the whole game for free as a demo? NO BUY!" It is kind of hilarious and sad at the same time. I wonder how much flak id Software would get for releasing a qtest in our times...  
They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

11. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 13, 2019, 04:08 Mac

30 minutes is batshit retarded. Mebbe it's cuz the game is short as fuck or something? Why else would they come up with this tard idea?

10. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 12, 2019, 22:25 Muscular Beaver

bigspender wrote on Jan 12, 2019, 19:22:
I finished the demo in 26 minutes. It doesn't increment the timer if you are in a menu so the puzzle solving doesn't need to be rushed.

It's resident evil 2 with nice graphics and no tank controls.

It's not bad at all but it's also fairly played out too. So meh from me. But I'm sure fans will love it. If they modernized RE4 this way and added coop I'd take it.
Never played any of the Resident Evil games, except Biohazard, so I like it.

I also dont understand why people complain about the demo. Its a demo, ffs! Be thankful that you get one in todays times.

Sick of waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

9. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 12, 2019, 19:43 HorrorScope

A 30 minute demo is exactly 30 mins better than no demo at all.  

8. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 12, 2019, 19:22 bigspender

I finished the demo in 26 minutes. It doesn't increment the timer if you are in a menu so the puzzle solving doesn't need to be rushed.

It's resident evil 2 with nice graphics and no tank controls.

It's not bad at all but it's also fairly played out too. So meh from me. But I'm sure fans will love it. If they modernized RE4 this way and added coop I'd take it.

7. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 12, 2019, 19:16 GinRummy

I remember the old days when most games had demos you could try before you buy. Those days are gone, but I do like demos that have the limited beginning of the game and that let you keep your saved progress into the full game if you buy it later. Old demos almost never did that.  

6. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 12, 2019, 18:26 Sepharo

My assumption was that they saw how much PT for Silent Hills and other similar horror survival demos were played and were worried that many people would burn themselves out on it or be satisfied with just that and then not go on to purchase the full game once that came out... I still don't think it's a good idea, but that could be the reasoning.  

5. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 12, 2019, 17:59 CJ_Parker

4. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 12, 2019, 17:34 Wallshadows

I've more or less written off the demo regardless of how it's being released. I don't want a light snack then told to wait nearly two weeks for the full meal.  

3. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 12, 2019, 16:31 necrosis

This is the stupidest idea I have ever seen.

Especially considering people are having some really screwy bugs.

2. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 12, 2019, 13:54 SirKnight

My understanding without playing it yet is you get 30 minutes from the time you first start the game up. So play 20 minutes, go back to it later and you only have 10.

This is such a bizarre way to have a demo work. I remember this happening before with some other game but I can't remember what it was. I do know it came from Japan and people at the time were saying it's a normal Japanese thing that no one else quite "gets."

1. Re: Resident Evil 2 1-Shot Demo Jan 12, 2019, 13:47 GinRummy

I don't quite get the time limit. Is it just 30 minutes total, counting down for all attempts at play, or if you die part way? Or is it a full 30 minutes each time you start it, even if you try multiple times? In other words, if I play for 20 minutes and die, do I try again with 10 minutes left, or 30 again?  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo