Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy

This tweet from Epic's former Steam Spy Sergey Galyonkin announces a change in the refund policy for the Epic Games Store. As noted by Polygon, the new policy is now the same as Steam's. Here's word:
We also changed our refund policy. Unlimited refunds within 14 days of purchase and under 2 hours played. The team is working on the self-service solution, but for now, you'll have to go through player support.
View

9. Re: Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy Jan 12, 2019, 06:35 MattyC

jdreyer wrote on Jan 12, 2019, 03:28:
J wrote on Jan 11, 2019, 23:04:
So the choice is between Steam, or a Steam clone with less games and worse customer support that's still wet behind the ears? Tough choice.
Yes, but 12%. 12 percent. Twelve. Percent. Those numbers are magical, my Friend.

I don't imagine they are trying to be Steam. They are probably trying to get more people using UE. Hence "...if youíre using Unreal Engine, Epic will cover the 5% engine royalty for sales on the Epic Games store, out of Epicís 12%." Which is suddenly a much bigger deal.

That and they probably needed some form of storefront, I mean they already have assets like Unity does, why not also include games there?

a Steam clone with less games and worse customer support that's still wet behind the ears?

Enough people have said that Origin's CS has massively improved for me to believe them. I also only used them once. However, as someone who did have to deal with Origin CS at the start, you just described them to a T.

I'm like the man who single-handedly built the rocket and went to the moon. What was his name? Apollo Creed?
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jan 11, 20:15 Re: Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy  RedEye9 
  2. Jan 11, 20:26  Re: Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy xXStellarDadXx
  3. Jan 11, 22:54 Re: Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy WaltC
  4. Jan 11, 23:04  Re: Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy J
  8. Jan 12, 03:28   Re: Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy jdreyer
>> 9. Jan 12, 06:35    Re: Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy MattyC
  7. Jan 12, 03:25  Re: Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy jdreyer
  5. Jan 11, 23:06 Re: Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy Cutter
  6. Jan 12, 03:23 Re: Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy jdreyer
  10. Jan 12, 18:36 Re: Epic Games Store Updates Refund Policy ventry