Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games

Business Insider has word that the Better Business Bureau in Cary, North Carolina has slapped Epic Games with an F rating. Amid the skyrocketing popularity of Fortnite, Epic's battle royale sensation, word is Epic failed to respond to a majority of customer complaints sent to the BBB last year. As they note, companies like Epic have their own internal help desk, but word is that customers who turned to the BBB for resolution were largely met with silence:

As reported by WTVD in Cary, North Carolina, "Fortnite" creator Epic Games received an F-rating from the BBB following hundreds of complaints from upset customers. The BBB rating reflects how a company interacts with its customers, and Epic, which is based in Cary, received the failing grade for a perceived lack of response to customer complaints.

The website for the Eastern North Carolina Better Business Bureau lists 271 complaints made against Epic in the last year, the vast majority of which were left unanswered. As a company with an international product played by millions of players each day, Epic does have their own private support desk for concerns complaints, but some frustrated customers looked to the BBB to help resolve their situation.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 22:01 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 11:16:
VaranDragon wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 11:14:
Beamer wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 09:36:
phinn wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 09:19:
Fortnite is absolute trash and a rip off of the best battle royale game there is PUBG. If it wasn't for kids playing it as the new Minecraft no one would care.

Mortal Kombat for the Sega Genesis is the best video game ever made.

(This is what people sound like when they say "this is the best game, the one you like sucks!")

The problem with using this argument is that Mortal Kombat is arguably the best arcade beat-em-up ever made.

No way!

1) As a kid I swore by it, but as I grew up I saw the flaws. It's chunky, the controls aren't fluid, the moves are sloppy, etc. At the very least, I think MKII is objectively better

2) I'd also argue the arcade version is objectively better than the Genesis version. But I'd also argue the SNES version was better. Far better graphics and sound, and it didn't require buying a new controller to play it. Yeah, no blood, but the graphics really were iffy on the Genesis. I think the play a bit smoother, though, which probably matters more in retrospect

Ha!

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for arcade is the best Mortal Kombat game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaopzClaR2c

Don't even talk about console versions of Mortal Kombat, trash.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 19:13 Drayth

jdreyer wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 18:30:
Beamer wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 16:10:
Riahderymnmaddog wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 15:36:
Fortnite is absolute trash and a rip off of the best battle royale game there is PUBG. If it wasn't for kids playing it as the new Minecraft no one would care.

(This is what people sound like when they say "this is the best game, the one you like sucks!")

Mortal Combat is nothing but social justice warrior garbage. Females in the military? No wonder chicks are joining the Army now. Sickens me.

And they shoehorned Kano into the game. A guy with a prosthetic? Way to force it down my throat, SJWs!

And what's up with all the Asian characters?? PC for PC's sake? Put some AMERICAN characters in your game already!

I don't know, I think the game could actually do better in some regards. I mean the player who gets their spine torn out from a finishing move doesn't get any recognition for at least attempting to compete.

Why can't it be more like "LUKE CAGE WINS! FLAWLESS VICTORY! ALSO.. SCORPION WINS SECOND PLACE! BEST DECAPITATED PLAYER OF THE MATCH!".

There's only two players, it shouldn't be hard to make the second player feel some accomplishment!

19. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 18:30 jdreyer

Beamer wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 16:10:

Mortal Combat is nothing but social justice warrior garbage. Females in the military? No wonder chicks are joining the Army now. Sickens me.

And they shoehorned Kano into the game. A guy with a prosthetic? Way to force it down my throat, SJWs!

And what's up with all the Asian characters?? PC for PC's sake? Put some AMERICAN characters in your game already!

End sarcasm. It's a common misperception that MC is a Japanese import when in fact it was made in Chicago.

The only thing that flat-earthers have to fear is sphere itself.

18. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 16:10 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

17. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 15:36 Riahderymnmaddog

16. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 14:34 Kxmode

Retired wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 10:19:
They make BILLIONS on virtual skins and dance moves. They could close today and be millionaires. They don't give 2 Fs about anyone.

So does BBB. Few people know this, but they are not a government agency. They are a for-profit private ratings agency, and businesses pay them. Yelp is by far a better resource since it's all real customer reviews. There's some measure of conflict with Yelp when they reach out to businesses to advertise, but at least that does not affect customer-driven ratings. However, with BBB it's a payola-style business model that is not visible to the consumer. In other words, "if consumers think we're a government agency, let's not correct them."

In my case, a business I made a complaint against wasn't in BBB's database, so the most they could do was try and reach out to them.

Your BBB has made attempts to contact the business regarding the above referenced complaint. We regret to inform you that we have not received a response from the company.

This complaint has now been closed as UNANSWERED. An unanswered complaint will have a negative affect on the company's BBB rating.

BBB is a dinosaur from a time when businesses genuinely cared about customer service and feedback. The only thing they care about today is bad press. Once this story becomes viral, ONLY then will you see Epic respond to BBB's "slaps" with some soulless boilerplate response.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

15. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 14:16 Total-Khaos

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 11:24:
Nimh wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 10:56:
BBB still exists? What a completely worthless org.

This. They basically extort businesses and allow anybody to open up a complaint about anything with no proof. My store had an F rating with them too, because I refused to join and they let people bitch about store policies. Who cares?

Plus, all the complaints are from some lady named Karen.

14. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 13:31 Slashman

Timmeh wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 12:32:

PUBG is horse sheite....

No, you!

(I just wanted to get in on it and not feel left out...)

13. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 12:32 Timmeh

PUBG is horse sheite....

12. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 11:43 HoSpanky

The complaints are the type that probably got a response that the customer didn’t like. Apparently it’s mostly about stolen accounts, which are probably due to jackasses signing up on “get free vbucks!” sites. Others like “accidental” charges are absurd, it takes several clicks to purchase v-bucks or STW. Sounds like parents complaining that their children do dumb shit and someone else is responsible.  

11. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 11:24 Agent.X7

Nimh wrote on Jan 10, 2019, 10:56:

This. They basically extort businesses and allow anybody to open up a complaint about anything with no proof. My store had an F rating with them too, because I refused to join and they let people bitch about store policies. Who cares?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

10. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 11:22 jdreyer

The problem with using this example for your argument is that Mortal Kombat is arguably the best arcade beat-em-up ever made.

Street Fighter II would like a word...

9. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 11:21 RedEye9

What dumb ass would go to the BBB with a video game complaint.
Oh, North Carolina. sez it all

8. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 11:20 jdreyer

Epic still beats Valve.  

7. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 11:16 Beamer

The problem with using this argument is that Mortal Kombat is arguably the best arcade beat-em-up ever made.

No way!

1) As a kid I swore by it, but as I grew up I saw the flaws. It's chunky, the controls aren't fluid, the moves are sloppy, etc. At the very least, I think MKII is objectively better

2) I'd also argue the arcade version is objectively better than the Genesis version. But I'd also argue the SNES version was better. Far better graphics and sound, and it didn't require buying a new controller to play it. Yeah, no blood, but the graphics really were iffy on the Genesis. I think the play a bit smoother, though, which probably matters more in retrospect

Ha!

-------------

6. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 11:14 VaranDragon

The problem with using this example for your argument is that Mortal Kombat is arguably the best arcade beat-em-up ever made.

5. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 10:56 Nimh

4. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 10:19 Retired

They make BILLIONS on virtual skins and dance moves. They could close today and be millionaires. They don't give 2 Fs about anyone.  

3. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 09:36 Beamer

-------------

2. Re: F for Fortnite: BBB Declares Battle Royale on Epic Games Jan 10, 2019, 09:19 Creston

Once you make lots of cash, you don't give a shit about individual customers anymore. It's called "Acting Like Apple."  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo