Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

EVGA NU Audio Card Announced

EVGA announces the EVGA NU audio card, reminding us of the days when every gaming PC had a dedicated add-in card for audio (preferably both Ad Lib and SoundBlaster compatible). The EVGA NU is the outcome of a collaboration of Audio Note, a U.K. company with 30 years of experience in the high-end audio business. Those interested will not have to wait, as they say to expect these to be available one week from today on January 16th. Nowadays many are content to use the integrated audio on their computer's motherboard, so this video and the announcement tries to make the case for going beyond this:

With the EVGA NU Audio Card you can experience:

• True Audio - Hear audio as it is
  • Lifelike Gaming - Improved and precise enemy detection, and increased immersion.
  • Studio and Audiophile Grade - Hear all the subtle sounds, emotional dialog, and powerful explosions to keep you on the edge of your seat.
  • Ambient RGB Lighting - Set the RGB lighting to match your mood, or use Audio Reactive Lighting options to let your audio control the effect.

A Completely Different Gaming and Multimedia Experience

High-quality audio is built on a simple premise: everything must be solid from start to finish. One weak link in the chain can turn a symphony into a cacophony. The NU Audio Card is designed to maximize the performance in every major component section:

• Analog - Detail. Clarity. Reality.
    • The analog section is responsible for returning audio without distortion and fine-tuning the sound to ensure it remains as faithful to the source as possible.
  • Digital - From Source to Playback
    • The digital side of the EVGA NU Audio Card is responsible for processing your source audio at the preferred format or converting the audio to and from analog, without affecting the internal makeup of the source audio.
  • Power - Good Clean Power
    • Powered by Specialized Audio Note (UK), Ltd. audio-grade capacitors and audio-grade resistors, your audio remains noise- and distortion-free as it passes through to your choice of speakers or headphones.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

12. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 15:07 Beamer

Jivaro wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 14:39:
I use a live band consisting of hamsters on various wheels that play catchy theme music when there should be sound effects. You really ought to hear their rendition of Jabba's palace music.

Real PC Master Storm Troopers use guinea pigs.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 14:39 Jivaro

I use a live band consisting of hamsters on various wheels that play catchy theme music when there should be sound effects. You really ought to hear their rendition of Jabba's palace music.  

10. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 13:37 Burrito of Peace

I'm using a USB headset with surround sound that completely bypasses all onboard audio. It's certainly better than the Realtek chipset that is onboard the motherboard.  

9. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 12:57 HoSpanky

MacLeod wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 11:02:
oh, the fond memories of my Gravis Ultrasound.

I still have mine. Not installed, but it was one component I inexplicably couldnít part with, along with a voodoo 2.

Iíve been pondering getting a dedicated sound card again. Mine sounds pretty good, but it *is* just an onboard mid-range Realtek chip. Iím still using the Klipsch promedia speakers, which can crank out unbelievably clean audio at uncomfortably high volume. I do wonder if Iím doing them a disservice with the onboard card.

8. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 12:53 RedEye9

Fion wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 11:23:
On-board sound is decent for most folks, but nothing compared to a good Asus XONAR.
I purchased a Xonar because I could hear a whine when the mouse moved.
Ended up getting the DGX version with its built-in headphone AMP as I do most of my listening with high ohm's cans.
Luckily it did not pickup any stray noise being inside the case.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

7. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 12:51 theglaze

My current ASUS board has the best onboard I've ever heard, Supreme FX S1220A codec with headphone amp. Close to on par with my good'ol Xonar Essence STX.

But if you don't have decent headphones (+$200 entry), the differences between an add-in card and onboard are too subtle.

6. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 12:24 Creston

Hear audio the way it is... High-quality audio is built on a simple premise: everything must be solid from start to finish

Sure, but you're still putting it inside the chaos that is a PC case, which is going to be your weak link, and completely outside of your control. So since this is going to sit inside the PC case, it's not going to be that much better than any other sound card that sits inside the PC case.

Improved and precise enemy detection

I'm pretty sure your speakers are way more important for that than your sound card. I guess it might make a difference on headphones.

5. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 12:15 SirKnight

I still use dedicated sound cards. Currently I have the Sound Blaster Zx. I have not found any onboard audio yet to sound good enough to not want a sound card.

My mobo is the Asus ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO LGA1151, and its audio is ok, but this sound blaster is quite noticeably better.

4. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 11:52 Xero

I remember when I installed the Creative Labs Sound Audigy ZX2 I think? What a difference it made in vanilla WoW, lol. All a sudden I could hear the noise of my mount when trotting along, previously unheard without the card. So much other ambiance, it was totally worth it.

Nowadays, I don't want a slot taken up in my PC just for a sound card. We should have mastered amazing sound and have that built into either the GPUs or motherboards similar to no longer requiring the PhysicX card.

I hate having extra things and am more into less is better.

Primarily playing ATM: CS Go, DUSK, Ion Maiden, FarCry New Dawn, 20XX

3. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 11:27  Blue 

Fion wrote on Jan 9, 2019, 11:23:
The Aureal Vortex 2 of the late 90's. I won so many quake 3 games off the back of that sound card.

I loved that card as well.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

2. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 11:23 Fion

The Aureal Vortex 2 of the late 90's. I won so many quake 3 games off the back of that sound card. I had friends with expensive Sound Blasters who thought I had some cheap no-name card. Then I'd get the weirdest kills without even seeing the other player, because I could hear where they were in the map exactly.

These days I almost always have a sound card in my system. On-board sound is decent for most folks, but nothing compared to a good Asus XONAR.

1. Re: EVGA NU Audio Card Announced Jan 9, 2019, 11:02 MacLeod

oh, the fond memories of my Gravis Ultrasound.  

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo